• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Karen's Recipes ...

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
Well friends I am the one that makes up most of the meals in this house & so trying to find RECIPES that both myself { being diabetic } & my husband { being the chorine } I am needing to find things that we both can enjoy and, that he can have without any problems & also have the kids enjoy too is REALLY HARD but here is one that I found that ALL OF US ENJOY & I do hope that you will enjoy as well !!

:p CAESAR SALAD DRESSING

3 CLOVES GARLIC
3 TBLSP. LEMON JUICE
3 TBLSP. OLIVE OIL
1 TBLSP. DIJON * STYLE MUSTARD
1/2 TSP. WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
1 HARD BOILED EGG YOLK

DRESSING: In a blender container combine the 3 garlic cloves & lemon juice. Cover & blend until mixture is nearly smooth, stopping from time to time to scrape the sides as needed. Add oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, & cooked hard boiled egg yolk. Cover; blend until smooth. Place into a jar & place into the refrigerator until time to use.

:p TERIYAKI CHICKEN
SERVES 2

{ This recipe is really good as I prepare this chicken to go along with the Caesar salad dressing above & so it's really good }

3 TBLSP. SOY SAUCE
2 TBLSP. LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
1 TBLSP. CORN OIL
1/2 TSP. GROUND GINGER
1/2 TSP. GARLIC POWDER
1/8 TSP. BLACK PEPPER
2 BONELESS & SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST

Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic, black pepper. Place into a screw top jar & shake up. Cut your chicken into strips or chunks. Then place into ZIP LOCK BAG & place this mixture over the chicken. Coat the chicken & then place into the refrigerator and let the marinade soak into the chicken for at least 3 hours or overnight for best results.

Now on the next day ... take chicken out of the marinade & place onto a cookie sheet { lined with foil & a little bit of cooking spray so the chicken will not stick } & place under the broiler on low heat & broil just until the chicken is done 5 minutes on both sides. { I usually go a little bit longer }. Once the chicken is done all the way remove from the oven & let cool.

While your CHICKEN is cooling tear up some lettuce & some torn * romaine lettuce * place into a large bowl. Now add your cooled TERIYAKI CHICKEN over the lettuce & then toss all up together & once tossed then add your dressing over the top & sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan Cheese & toss again. If you can handle croutons then add them into the salad & toss again { with us I have croutons on the side for the kids & myself & we add our own salad }

* ROMAINE LETTUCE - We find this in big bags already torn up into pieces at Sams Club & it saves on time & it's really nice too.

So gang there is just something that we all enjoy in our family. Sometimes when I am wanting to make CHICKEN for dinner I will just make this up for my husband & he eats that with steamed broccoli as a veggie.

So, if you have questions ... give me a shout & I can help you out !! :p

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Thanks for sharing that with us.

I find that the pre-cut lettuce is really great as it requires no preparation. For those who can tolerate lettuce this is definately the way to go, especially if you want to make the reduce the time you spend in the kitchen.

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
SPLENDA PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
SERVES / MAKES 12

* CRUST *

1 cup ginger or graham cracker cookie crumbs
2 TBLSP. butter melted

* FILLING *

2 pkgs. cream cheese - 8 oz. packages
1 can libby's pumpkin - 14 oz. can
4 eggs
1 can evaported milk
3/4 cup Splenda granular sweetner
1 tsp. cinnamon & vanilla
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves

CRUST - Combine crumbs & metlted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Place into the freezer until ready to use & in the meantime prepare the filling.

FILLING - In large mixing bowl with mixer at meduim speed, beat cream cheese until soft & creamy. Add the remaining ingredients; beat at low speed until blended & smooth for about 1 minute. Then take the crust from the freezer & pour filling in ver slow onto the CRUST. Bake at 350 for 55 { at the end of the 55 minutes check and see if it has set in the middle if it is not set then cook for another 5 minutes longer } or until sides begin to pull away for the pan & filling has set in the center.

COOL - for about 15 minutes, then run knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake. Cool or a rack to room temperature. COVER & REFRIGERATE for 2 HOURS or until serving time. NOTE: If I make mine for THANKSGIVING I usually make it the day before & keep in good & cold & it's ready to enjoy when we go over to the IN LAWS for dinner.

217 calories per serving & 13.6 grams of fat !!

* My husband enjoys this cheesecake & it's something that he can EAT !! So, friends give this a try sometime soon !!

K

Kossy

Karen said:
SPLENDA PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

I am drooling right now. I'm going south of the boarder coming over for some cheesecake!

Last edited:
Great recipe, thank you for sharing his healthy food recipe, I will make this later and I am sure that my mom will love this. This recipe is also perfect for my diet. Hope you share more healthy recipe.