• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Take Steps Walk

Hi all!

I am participating in Seattle's Take Steps walk to raise awareness and research money for Crohn's and UC. I am REALLY looking forward to it. I don't know anyone else with Crohn's (people met online don't really count--sorry!) and I am hoping to find some people near me to connect with. I have never done any kind of fundraising walk, and I am totally on my own for this one, but it means a lot to me because the 1-year anniversary of my "official" diagnosis was on Sunday. This benefit walk is going to be a kind of celebration/acknowledgement of everything I've dealt with and how my life has been changed. This disease isn't going to define me or my life, and I don't think it should do that to anyone.

I would really love it if anyone would make a donation to support my efforts and the message the walk is trying to send. I always feel kind of bad asking people for money, but it's going towards IBD research, so it benefits us all. If anyone cares about this walk and its mission, it's the people who actually HAVE the disease. I know many of us already support other fundraisers and have to pay for medical bills (Remicade, anyone), but if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would appreciate some donations.

Here is the url for my fundraising page: http://www.active.com/donate/TakeStepsSea07/TSSPratt

I would be so grateful if I could get a few more donations!

Thank you!!!

--Suzanna

butt-eze

Superstar
Suzanna...
Good luck with your fundraising! I am walking in the Seattle walk as well. Our team is Butt-eze! If you do not have people to walk with I would love to hook up with you at Magnuson Park :) We should have a big group! I will also be selling our t-shirts if you want to wear something fun. If you need some fundraising advice I would love to help you out. My e-mail address is amystorch@aol.com
Also, Drew Wymore is hoping to walk with us...he's on the forum too. This will give you a chance to meet people, in person, that have Crohn's.

Go Suzanna!!!

I will be on the lookout for your group! My mom will be walking with me, but I would rather meet some new people to make the whole experience more enjoyable.

Hope I see you!

butt-eze

Superstar
Suzanna :) You are more than welcome to join our team :) I haven't met Drew yet either. I will bring shirts for both of you. What sizes???