• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pen - how's it going?

Just wondering how you are doing off the prednisone and taking the humira every week?

Unfortunately I flared back up and wasn't able to get off the prednisone, am back on 15. Hopefully you are doing better than me!

Lisa

Pen - Glad you are off the prednisone and know you are too! I wish I could get off, it wreaks havoc with my blood sugars. Hope the weekly Humira will start working for you, so you can get off the antibiotics, too. I envy those who have remissions, too, maybe someday it will happen for us! My flares haven't been awful, though, so I've been lucky. Seems like every time I get down to 5 mg on the pred, I start in with diarrhea and pain again. I would rate it about a 4-5 but know it would get worse if I didn't go back up on the pred. Guess I'll try to taper a little more slowly this time and maybe my combination of Humira and Imuran will kick in in the meantime. I've been on the combination about a month now. Guess it's just a waiting game now - try it for a few months and see what happens. If it doesn't work, then I'm not sure where I go next. Hope your bloating and gassy pains are getting better.