• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade today

D

Donna

Well, hello. This time no venting...lol. I have had my fourth remicade treatment today where they doubled the dose. They have decided to move it once again, from 6 weeks to every 5. Was on an 8 week interval. They are also lowering my Imuran to 3 instead of 4. Turns out the my levels are only supposed to be in the low 300's and mine is in the lower 400's. I can't stop feeling nauseated and he thinks that will lower it. I hope so. But....

I am feeling better than I normally am when I have a treatment. I am hopefully going to continue seeing better improvement for longer periods of time. Each time gets better, so I can only hope!!

Thanks for your support gang!!!

Donna

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
GOOD TO HEAR THAT ALL WENT WELL ... I am praying that HUBBY goes through without any problems tomorrow afternoon. :thumbdown: He had some MILK today which was a BIG MISTAKE & well guess what he did ? Yes, he got sick and not just with a TUMMY ACHE either ... he is throwing up again so gang ... I am really going to be asking that you keep him in prayer as I am really worried about him this time around he has not been like this since DECEMBER and WE ... my daughter & I really do not want to see that happen again so ... please pray for him !! I will update after tomorrow !!

HUGS

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Donna: I am glad that things are going well with the Remi this time. I certainly hope that the bad symptoms continue to stop and that the treatments continue to improve and work for longer periods.

Karen: Try not and panic too much over your husband. Of course no one likes to see a loved one sick, but this is unfortunately what can happen with us with IBD. I have spent several nights in pain and throwing up a lot (due to eating something bad), only to be completely fine the next day. Just ensure that your husband is comfortable (well as much as he can be... so in bed) and that he is not disturbed too much. I know when I was like this I just wanted to be left alone, as I was not in the mood to talk to anyone or even answer any questions like are you okay. You can check on him and ask do you need anything, but unless an answer is given, you should probably assume that he just wants to be left alone.

Of course everyone is different so this may not be true with him, but you need to just let him be and its very likely that tommorrow everything will be fine. Just keep strong (for both of you) and this will pass soon enough.

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
:blush: THANKS ... MIKE !! Right now he is in bed alone and I have taken up sleeping in the guest room tonight & so ... thanks for the WISDOM and I must say that I've learned a lot over these last 7 months to just LEAVE HIM ALONE as you said !!! So, thanks muches for being there to help me out !! :eek:

V

Valentina

Hey Donna! Hope the remicade went well, and that these double doses you get do the trick. sounds like a lot on your plate right now. hope you can find a bit of time in all of it to pamper yourself a bit. sounds like you could use it.

and to Karen, hope your hubby feels better after a nights sleep. and ditto what Mike has to say.. we all seem to need different levels of attention when were feeling sick. lol, I love tons, and just chatting a lot helps me (helps take my mind off it) and other people do better just to be left alone. all learning as we go here as well ;)

J

Jonny

Hiya Donna i hope the remicade works for you and im glad your feeling a little bit better from it so far.:)
Good Luck

S

Sparrow

Good luck to you with this drug, and hope it works for you:panda: