• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any problems with glycerin suppositories for C

Hello:

My last set of "problems" I think resulted when I used a glycerin suppository. I used one because I have constipation quite frequently, but the last time I used one I got bloody D with pus. What could have caused this? Was this episode incidental or just coincidence? Have you had any similar problems? I rarely get D as I'm more of a C'r, but when I do get D it's usually bloody + pus. Thanks.

J

jingle

glycerin supp

I have C all the time. I swear by glyerin supp's. I have not had any issues with them. I don't have bloody D, so my guess is that since you typically have bloody D, when you take the supp's, they are just forcing stuff out of you and you would already have the blood cause from the ulcers/disease.