• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone like lighthouses?

anyone like lighthouses?

I am self taught artist who loves to paint seascapes especially with lighthouses. Since I just got fired, I am trying to come up with positive releases for my tension and stress. I have seen some beautiful photos, on this site and we seem to live all over the world. Please post any photos you have of lighthouses here. I will post a few of the ones I have painted soon.

Having been out of work for a while previous to this recent position has been a tough one for me. I am well off my plan for earning a million by age 40 :ycool: , and missed the whole hair in a spray can brainchild so this is my last ditch effort at fame and fortune. I am following Vangogh's genuis and am half wacked already so after accumulating a bunch of paintings I simple lop off a body part and suddenly am a famous artist.

Now if that is not solid financial planning, I am open to advice. Also having some difficulty with deciding which body part to dismember as part of the rush to fame plan. If you must you may suggest parts along with reasons as to why they are dispensible and I will take all advice into consideration.

However, I would most appreciate it if you could post any and all lighthouses you have pics of.

Butt of Lewis lighthouse (very north of the Hebridean island of Lewis)
Main building

Detail at the top

I have a few pictures from a lighthouse in Oregon I took last month. I will locate them and post them soon! Do you want just full on pics of the light house or even just random pics of bits and pieces of one or what? (did that make sense?)

Santos61198 said:
I can think of a few NOT to get rid of, even if other people tell you to! :)
I have been told on a few occassions this past year that unemployment is not a reason for increased libido, also am banned from purchasing any supplements containing Ginseng. I try to argue the point that it also helps with memory! She is aparently just fine with me turning into Larry Finkelstein from Dharma & Greg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO02JaT5QfU

:allright:

Thanks Beth. After you posted the view that you have on your daily walk, I was hoping you had some great shots. Thanks.

misscris said:
I have a few pictures from a lighthouse in Oregon I took last month. I will locate them and post them soon! Do you want just full on pics of the light house or even just random pics of bits and pieces of one or what? (did that make sense?)
Hey Chris, any and all angles or pieces of the lighthouse are helpful. thanks very much.

Shantel, what a cute family you have. Thanks for sending that shot and the one of the lighthouse it looks really cool.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
LOVE lighthouses.
This is on Lake Ontario in Sodus NY.

This is the lighthouse at Sanibel Island, Florida. I went there on my honeymoon, but don't have any of my own pictures online.

If you don't find any that you like on here, you could just do a search online. There are tons of photos out there.
Sorry you are going through a crappy time right now btw.

Ok I'm going to need somebody to tell me how to put photos on here. I want to show you Whitby lighthouse on the North Yorkshire coast here in the UK. It's really beautiful.

My Butt Hurts said:
LOVE lighthouses.
This is on Lake Ontario in Sodus NY.

This is the lighthouse at Sanibel Island, Florida. I went there on my honeymoon, but don't have any of my own pictures online.

If you don't find any that you like on here, you could just do a search online. There are tons of photos out there.
Sorry you are going through a crappy time right now btw.

Hey MBH,

Thanks for putting those up, I have been on a lot of the lighthouse sites. I have found that lighthouses fans tend to take a lot of pics so that many of the angles are covered. Makes it easier to paint them.

The one that you posted from NY looks a great deal like the one I remember from living up there. As a kid I lived in Oswego and really loved going to see the lighthouse. We had a family routine during the summer months where after dinner and a few beers, my dad would bellow out, "To the lake, to the lake!"
We would all load in the car and go to the lake to see the sunset, even living down here near Cape Cod, those Lake Ontario sunsets were some of the most beautiful i have ever seen.

Quick story, one such summer night my dad had a few extra pops and began to start a conversation with a stranger about how nice the sunset was. He then began to introduce the family, "This is my wife Babe and my dog Maria." :ylol2: :ylol2: :ylol2:

Here are a few of this lighthouse in Newport, Oregon. It's called Yaquina Head Lighthouse. completed in 1873. :)

I have more of this same light house as well if you want more. :) I wish I would have had more time to take pics at the top. They don't let you go into the light room itself and you only get a quick minute to look around, so I tried to snap as many as I could.

If you want more amazing lighthouses to go off of, look at the lighthouses of Oregons coast. There are many of them, and they are beautiful. I thought about one day driving down the coast and just visiting them all. I find them fascinating.

Shantel said:
saw this and thought you could get some inspiration from the movement of it....it is beautiful!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2LeNBY_5gk&feature=player_embedded
Thanks Shantel that was absolutely amazing. Any chance you could help out violet creams in the earlier entries. She has a great picture but does not know how to post one. I have definitely had some trouble with inspiration, motivation, and focus of late. I will try to post some of my paintings on here later if I can get my wonderful wife to help me.

lighthouses

CentaurCEO said:
I'm from Michigan so I should have Hundreds of Lighthouse pictures.
Thanks Centaur, I really would appreciate you sending those along via pm or email. I have seen some of the lake lights in books and in documentaries and many of them are really cool looking. BTW welcome to the forum:)

farm said:
Here's one I took a pic of in Maine.

That is one of my favorite spots in the whole world! It was one of the places my wife stopped at on our very first weekend away together. Awww, shucks farm I feel all nostalgic now. wish I could chase the wifey around the house but she isn't feeling well today.

I have a picture of a lighthouse in New York. It is located in Montauk. There is even a little museum in it. I just hope I am uploading it right to show you this lighthouse!

When I drive out there it is so peaceful, and then if I am with family or friends we all go for a good nearby seafood restaurant! :ybiggrin:

merrywidow

mum with a dogdy tum
this is belle tout lighthouse 3 miles away from my home. their actuallly lifted it up and moved it away from the cliff egde!!! goggle belle tout and you will see the story. it is now a bed and breakfast. we are gonna stay there for my next birthday. thats if it hasnt fallen into the sea by then.

Last edited: