• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and Myelitis

Can anyone tell me if myelitis can be connected to Crohns, I was in hospital
about 8 wks ago after a small bowel obstruction, I had a scan 8 days later they said it was clear. When I went to my consultant 3 wks later he told me they had found I got myelitis, I go back on 24th May.

This past week I have had pains in my back which go round into my abdomen, I was taken from work to my surgery, had bloods taken and told to take pain killers and go home and that he would ring me with results later that afternoon, which never happened. In the morning I rang the surgery and they said my FB Count was fine the other I was told was nothing to worry about. I still have pain and now taking voltarol tablets for the pain. Does anyone know anything about and
wether it is connected in any way.

Many thanks
Karisue

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Have you ever been checked for kidney stones?.....Those are apparently common also for people with Crohns'.....I've had them twice - and now go for a check up every 6 months.....next check is this afternoon, actually - when they do an ultrasound (alternates with x-rays).

Astra

Hi karisue

are you on a biolgic? I remember reading somewhere that a side effect of Remicade was trans something myelitis

No not on Remicade, Seeing the Doctor tomorrow, I've been taking diclafenic for pain, was given tramadol but dont like them, they make me constipated and dont want that incase my bowel blocks again. See what she saus tomorrow.