• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mucous in throat/stomach?

Has anybody ever had problems with mucous in their throat and/or stomach? It seams that lately immediately after eating I get this mucous problem in my throat. At first i thought it was related to a cold, but it never seams to be in my sinuses/nose, so i started to think that maybe it's coming from my stomach. It feels like there is a giant glob stuck in my throat and I cough like crazy, but not much comes up. I have had this for about 2 weeks. Could this be Crohn's related? I also currently have several mouth ulcers, but that's not unusual for me.

Yes....Sometimes the mucous will gag me. I am pretty sure it is Crohn's related and it is part of the inflammatory madness we have.

Yes....Sometimes the mucous will gag me. I am pretty sure it is Crohn's related and it is part of the inflammatory madness we have.
Also, I've noticed some white webbing inside my cheeks after waking up. Disgusting if you ask me! :yrolleyes:

I've had that for about...erm... 40 years! The same length of time I've had crohns. Never made the connection before, just thought I was a "mucous-y" person. I have to "clear my throat" so often I've even wondered whether it's psychosomatic and connected to stress or something

I also get a bad taste in my mouth which seems to be be coming from an excess of mucous at the back of my throat... but I have been assured that this doesn't translate into bad breath.

It's funny to hear this because my "check-up" doctor said that my condition had nothing to do with this weird taste.... :ywow: