• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Imuran

Ive just started to take Imuran( 3 weeks?) as i recently diagnosed with Crohns disease in January and in a bad flare. Most of the crohns syptoms i experianced dissapeared around a month ago however i just stoped taking prednisone. When I got this blood work done i was on 10 mg of prednisone and the imuran ( 60 mg or something). The bloodwork has come back however i havent spoken to my docter as my mom deals with that and i dont know if this is bad bad, as the results confused me a bit( would i need to stop taking Imuran?). Could someone give me an idea?

Bloodwork(Everything else was normal:
Absolute Neutrophils: 9878 ( normal is 1800-8000)
Absolute Monoctyes: 1071 (normal is 200 - 900)
Absolute Eosinophils:13 (normal is 15 - 500)
Absoulte Lymphocytes: 1625( this one is normal, just thought i should include this)
Glucose: 101( normal is 65-99)

Hello,
Those are only borderline raised. It could be you have a mild infection which has made them go up a little. Imuran tends to cause low levels so it's good that they aren't low . Have you had a temp or site throat etc?
You glucose is slightly up- was this a fasting sample? Prednisolone can make your sugars rise a bit so they will prob want to repeat this in a week or 2.

Eosinophils are the white cells involved with allergy. Mine are nearly always 0 and this is not a problem. The other white cells are involved with infection.
Generally speaking neutrophils fight bacteria and lymphocytes fight viruses.