• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

When the hell is all this gonna end

Man you know I was prescribed cipro for my abscess and it did the trick. The abscess burst and I've been feeling great. But for the past couple of days my ankle has been hurting. Now I find that I have tendonitis in my achilles tendon from the cipro and its at risk for rupturing! WTF!!! I SWEAR some evil entity is having a laughing fest watching my life slip away one body part at a time at age 26. :(

I saw your post and had to laugh. I get those damn painful ulcers on my butt. They come and go. Last time it took 3 docs to figure out how to treat them. Two of them had no idea what they even were.

Just as those cleared up, I developed that red rash thing on my shins. (I can never remember the name.) After that, I developed back issues, (another long and impossible name) then last week my doc calls and tells me my thyroid has gone belly up due to Hasimoto's disease which is another immune disorder but at least that one has a name I can pronounce.

Granted that I'm older than you, but sometimes you have to wonder what's going to come up next. They did draw my blood yesterday to test for diabetes. *shudder* But, I suppose I'll survive that diagnosis, too.

Lol jesus. Things just don't come easy! How did the ulcers heal? Was it just with time or did you change meds?

They kept me on Humira and loaded me up with a ton of antibiotics that gave me a quiver in my pancreas. (The first time.) When I saw my GI doc he said that they should go away on their own if left alone, but to get right in if they started to feel/look infected.

Honestly, they are so painful how could anyone tell the difference?

The second time I got them I left them alone and they did go away on their own. Same with the painful bumps on my shins/feet. They did a biopsy and told me they were erytha something or others and they were an immune problem too.

I mean, what are you going to do? Sometimes I feel bad for those around me who are affected by this disease because I get sick.

Just me venting here. I had the audacity to exercise last night. How dare I? I did an hour on the treadmill and an hour bike riding. Today I feel like I was smacked by a big rig. I miss exercise and would give anything to get outside and hike up a mountain.

I just want my energy back. *end rant*

Yup. It's nice to know that I'm alone in feeling these things. I keep apologizing to my husband about the disease. He keeps tellin me to not apologize and it's not my fault, but I I just feel so terrible putting this on him. It's really terrible. I wish it would all just go away. He piggy-backed me everywhere today because i couldn't walk with this tendonitis. The mental anguish from the pain, frustration, fear, and guilt is weighing. I told him when I get better I will be the greatest wife ever. I love him so much more than I ever have, it makes me want to cry. I wish words could convey the amount of appreciation I feel toward him. :(

Have you been taking any supplements for energy?

I take so many supplements that they make me gag. I get what you're saying about your husband. Mine is so supportive and I feel so sorry for him sometimes. It can't be easy living with me.

Tonight he's looking forward to Christmas shopping and getting our tree, but to tell you the truth, I'd rather go home and crawl into bed. I am so tired and so emotional right now.

But I will go and hopefully I'll feel better later. Then again, maybe not. That's what sucks about Crohn's. Now tomorrow I might feel like a million bucks. It's so hard to predict.

Last edited:
I had a peri-anal abscess in October that is now a fistula. I have a seton stitch in so it can drain, but when the infection builds up it hurts like a bitch. I even have a swollen lymph node in my pelvis, which I'm sure it means that the infection is not healing :(

I've heard that fistulas don't heal if you have Crohn's. This thing is such a nightmare!

Fistula's heal on Humira and the other biologics. I had one that is gone now. Same with the perianal tears AND the proctitis. Thank heaven. I still have narrowing due to scars and such, and I'm considered only 'partially' controlled, whatever that means. Today I went to the docs and my pancreas is 'sluggish'. Gotta cut out the carbs. I am so done with all this. I'm going to pull a Scarlett O'Hara and just think about it tomorrow.