• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade and Imuran - Works Well

Hello, I am 50 yr old female and was diagnosed 17 years ago with Crohns Disease. Up until a year ago my flares were manageable with Asacol/Prednisone. In 17 years I was in the hopital about 8 times, each time for a few weeks but came home in remission. A year ago things got worse and after a long battle with Steroids and many hospital stays, I started on Imuran and Remicade. It has been wonderful for me! Although my energy level is very low and due to a supressed immune system, I ended up with the flu and double pneumonia, my diarrhea is under control and manageable.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I am glad that the tum has settled for you on these meds! I am wondering whether your docs ever do any checks on your vitamin levels especially with your low energy levels?

AB
xx

As Angrybird said, it is important to have regular tests for such things as iron, B12 and Vit D, as all of these can affect your energy levels and all are prone to being low in people with Crohn's. :hug:

Yes, I have blood work done regularly and currently take lots of supplements, Iron, B-12, Mult Vitamin, Vitamin C, Potassium, etc...