• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira Withdrawals Symptoms

I was on Humira since last May. I started developing serious joint pain... Long story short. My Dr. had me skip a does week, to see if I had the same reaction. Which I didn't. I took the next dose and start again have the joint pain. So MY Dr. has taken off of the Humira. - With the intent to switch to Cimza. But now I am think I hm suffering from withdrawals? I'm tired, irritable.... I just dont feel right! Hard to explain.

Does anyone or have information about going off Humira and withdrawal affects?

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
I stopped Humira a little over 4 weeks ago to prepare for up coming surgery. I have to say I'm just the opposite. I have so much more energy and feel pretty good. Is being off of it causing you to flare? That could be the cause of the symptoms.

Early in the New Year I missed a dose (my GI stuffed up and took ages to get my application in to Medicare for continued usage of Humira, so I went 4 weeks without it!), didn't have any withdrawal symptoms as such, but my Crohns stared flaring again, badly.

Now I am back on it, just starting to get back to where I was before (and I'm looking for a new GI :) )

Gra

I was told to skip a dose of humira due to pneumonia and wasn't irritable but nausea and loss of appetite coupled with pain have plagued me for the past 2 months since I have restarted my injections. I do have a lot of pain even when I'm not flaring due to ulsers, and do feel a little weird sometimes since I have been taking humira. I just sent my D.R. an email about this today. Hope you have better luck with the New drug and God bless

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 1988 and there wasn't anything like humira or remicade, just steroids and sulfasalazine, but I am hoping that something starts to work so I can try to work again. Until then I will keep my head up and let daily stress run off my back. I wish well for all and allways pray for all that suffer in any form. God bless everyone we need love and compassion in a crazy world.