• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does this rule out abscess?

Hi guys, so for a few weeks iv had quite an itchy butt, I was worried that it was an abscess starting, iv been having baths and that helped the itching a bit, but the thing that's helped the most is these hydrocortisone suppositories, so what I'm wondering is it more likely that the itching/mild pain is from hemmeroids? Any advice would be appreciated, the itching has been intensely bad, and and these suppositories work pretty damn well, would they work if it was an abscess? My doc said if it was an abscess I'd know about it because I'd have other symptoms I.e fevers, severe pain, aching etc but I guess those would have to develop from somewhere? Sorry I'm just a bit of a hyprocondriac

sawdust

Hello Joshuaaa. I can't say that anything rules out anything else, but I wanted to respond to hopefully give some peace of mind. When I had an abscess, I definitely had the undeniable symptoms your doctor mentioned, and for all the symptoms I did have, itchy is not one I would used to describe things. :hug: