• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Worsening issues and blood when wiping!

I have not been doing to well at all. I have not been diagnosed, only that my gastro doc keeps thinking I have IBS. Well I had a colonoscopy in April which was 2 months ago. Well ever since I have been struggling. I ended up getting a Vaginal infection due to the colonoscopy and had to take a gel that they use to clear it( metrogel). Well after that I ended up with all kinds of issues down there female wise. I also had to up the low dose augmentin I normally take to prevent UTI's because I got a UTI. Well I was on the higher dose augmentin for about three to 4 weeks. I finally went back down on the low dose recently. I am now having what I believe are yeast issues in the vaginal and anal area. I don't get it as I am taking high doses of probiotics all throughout the day to help keep the good gut flora restored. I think by taking that metrogel for the vaginal infection I got due to the colonoscopy, well that interrupted the vaginal flora and not I am a mess down there. I am all red and irritated and so burny and itchy down there, it is awful.

Also my intestines are a mess! I thank God have not had the runs( I pray I do not get them as my anus could not handle that with how irritated it is!). But I am having severe cramps and feeling like I always gotta go, especially after I eat anything. This morning I had my usually BM and when I was wiping I had blood. After I cleaned up I went got a mirror and was looking down there and noticed that there is a lot of irritation and redness and noticed a small crack, like the skin was really irritated and split a little. I assume that is where the blood came from. I put this anti-yeast cream down there that my gyne gave me last night. I even switched soaps and am using like a glycerin type that has no fragrances or anything. It only has coconut oil and vegetable oil. When I take a shower or water or soap hit the area, OMG I could just cry it is so painful and stingy. I feels like lemon juice being poured on a cut! I am not sure if it is yeast or what causing this. Has anyone on here had yeast issues in that area?? I mean I am in total hell. My bladder is in pain( I have IC), my vaginal area is burny and itchy and my intestines are in awful pain and my anus hates me right now. I just want to curl up and die right now:yfrown:

When I had my fissures, it was very much like you are describing. I got some relief from a med called procotsedyl (spelling might be off). It had anti-microbial and anti-inflammatories in it. Do you have another appointment with your doc soon? I do think you should see one when this is active. It might help a little with the diagnosis.

Thanks for that tip. I saw the gyne yesterday and she did not say much. I do see my gastro doc in a couple weeks, I believe June 26th. I was given a cream that has a steroid in it and an anti-fungal in it. She prescribed it to me to put on the vulva area. She said I could use it in the anal area too. I am going to try that later. When you put a cream down there, does your body systemically absorb it? I mean can you get intestinal pains that are worsening from using a steroid and anti-fungal cream down there??

When I had my fissures, it was very much like you are describing. I got some relief from a med called procotsedyl (spelling might be off). It had anti-microbial and anti-inflammatories in it. Do you have another appointment with your doc soon? I do think you should see one when this is active. It might help a little with the diagnosis.

Astra

Ihurt this sounds horrendous, poor you!
Is it Candida? I'm sure you've probably eliminated this, but it comes with a host of symptoms.
Can you get Canestan HC in the US? It contains 1% hydrocortisone and prescription only.
Hope you get some answers soon xxxx

Hi Astra,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I am not sure if it is candida. I had the gyne do a swab yesterday but it may not show anything because I used a vaginal yeast cream on MOnday night( terazol cream). Well I took the first application that night and by morning, OMG my whole vagina and bladder was on fire! That cream inflamed everything even more so. It is just awful. The gyne mentioned Diflucan the pill but I cannot take it as I had a really bad reaction to it in the past. I may have to go to back next week and have them do another culture. Yeah, I am in misery. I mean between my intestinal pain, the bladder and vaginal/vulva and anal irritation, I am in hell right now. All I can do is sit with a heating pad and even that is not helping to much with the intestinal pains. What a nightmare. I HATE being a woman sometimes. The whole IC and bladder thing is the absolute worst. It feels like I have a trillion canker sores in my bladder and someone poured acid in there. So painful. :(

Ihurt this sounds horrendous, poor you!
Is it Candida? I'm sure you've probably eliminated this, but it comes with a host of symptoms.
Can you get Canestan HC in the US? It contains 1% hydrocortisone and prescription only.
Hope you get some answers soon xxxx

Astra

Ihurt, and I'm sure you do! No wonder you're miserable xx

You can get pessaries - The medicines clotrimazole (eg Canesten), econazole (eg Ecostatin) and miconazole (Gyno-Daktarin) come in pessary form.
Your symptoms all point to vulvovaginal candidiasis.

Get well soon xxx