• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Sounds like a cool album title for a psychedelic rock band.

LINK 1

LINK 2

I wonder if this the cause of some of my issues.

It can mimic an awful lot of Crohn's symptoms.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
GoJohnnyGo said:
Sounds like a cool album title for a psychedelic rock band.

LINK 1

LINK 2

I wonder if this the cause of some of my issues.

It can mimic an awful lot of Crohn's symptoms.
I was curious if you have read the threads on Habba syndrome here? I regret having my gallbladder out. I think I read on the Metamucil post that you had yours removed when you had a resection. I did as well last year when I had a small bowel resection. At the time I was vomiting sooo much bile (from the obstruction?) that when I found I had some stones I had it removed just in case that was part of the pain. I wish I would have been better informed of the consequences.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
In my case it wasn't stones. I had gone into septic shock and my gall bladder had actually turned gangerous .

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
I'm currently in the early stages of remission from a year-long flare, with continuing minor ulceration (according to my last colonoscopy in May). I still get the right-side pains from time to time, and of course, diarrhea. On the other hand, my anemia is under control and I am gaining weight again. I also still experiencing arthritic pain which is concurrent with my Crohn's flare.

So the sphincter of Oddi guards the passage through the ampulla of Vater???

Am I the only one that feels like there is a weird sci-fi movie playing out in my digestive system? Of course, that would explain a lot...:eek: