• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Getting sick more often.

It really goes in spurts for me. Sometimes I catch everything just by looking at someone sick, and other times I can go for a while without catching stuff.

Me? ALWAYS SICK! Colds, sinus infections, bronchitis...every week its something new and exciting. Ok, not so much exciting but I'm to the point I'm used to it. Crohnie thing?

Usually I am quite healthy, maybe a few mild colds each year, but that's all. But this last year I have never quite been well. I have had lots of viruses (colds, coughs and sore throats) and each one has taken a looooong time to get over. I also had a couple of tummy bugs. So maybe it is related to Crohn's, since it involves the immune system.

I'm usually very healthy, maybe a sinus infection once a year if that during the winter months. Crohn's is a different story...

Nyx

I've actually been better since my surgery (not sure if there's a correlation or not though). The stomach flu went through our house about a month ago and I was the only one who didn't get it. Also, was around my mom and brother who both had colds and didn't get that either. I'm probably jinxing myself....lol

Purell is my BFF! Until the H1N1 outbreak, people thought I was weird for always having hand wipes/sanitizer/sprays etc on me and never touching *anything* in a public bathroom with my hands if I can help it. (my own kids told my mom, "flush with your foot" one time when she had them for a weekend) It became the "normal" thing to do after that and I didn't look so strange anymore!

I have found I have been sick a lot more since the symptoms started up. I have gotten quite a few sinus infections and head colds, but nothing too serious.

I used to get sick all the time before I was diagnosed and during the first year. I haven't been sick with cold or flu in about a year. (RAP RAP RAP - me knocking on wood). And I thought being on Pred, and now Humira and MTX would make me more susceptible to germs... I'm a bit anxious about July, at work we are going to have 200 students from around the world bringing their new germs with them! Eek!

I've noticed, though, that bruises and cuts take longer to heal.

Sharon, I am the same way. I actually noticed that i have had less colds so far (knocking on wood here too!). but i am sure once our school starts up again, that may change.