• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blah day

Hey guys.

My tummy hurts. My knees hurt. I know its something I've eaten as I've had
-A bowl of Frosted Wheats
-3 Diet Cokes
-A Turkey Wrap
-Beef Stew (Dinty Moore)
-with Garlic Cheese Biscuits
-AND some hot chocolate

It's blizzarding here where I'm at. Ok... so maybe that's an over exaggeration. BUT we are supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow. I JUST finished my finals today at 11 oclock (yeah, we DO have Saturday finals) so now I'm waiting on my grades. I guess this week has been pretty stressful due to a lot of things such as finals.

PLUS (and I'm going to delve into my personal life a bit) I sold a microwave that I bought last semester (used only 20 times at MOST) and I asked 50 bucks... the kid now says that its only worth 20 bucks... I HIGHLY DISAGREE that it has depreciated by 75% in a matter of months... because I bought it at 80 bucks... GRR I kinda understand where he's coming from because he's a foreign student and doesn't want to get ripped off... but GRRRRR. I've been arguing with him about it all week. I'm just going to take it back if he won't pay.

Anyhow... that's my complaining for this year. :) I hope everyone is warm and cozy in their houses!

I think I would have a gut ache if I would have had just the three Cokes and that nasty Dinty Moore Stew without Crohn's.

I think we should give you the nick name of Iron Gut.

The carbonation in Coke can upset my stomach unless I eat something with it.

Dan Bergman

Hahaha... Iron Gut...

well I do put things down there that shouldn't go... like in the past week I've had:
-chili
-salt n vinegar chips
-taco bell (nacho cheese chalupas)

and they didn't seem to bother me.

Yeah I like my salt and vinegar chips and they don't sit well with my either. I finished my finals on Tuesday and ever since leaving campus on Wednesday I have been feeling much better. I think it was the stress and the damned campus food, if you can call it food.

I'm right there with you Katiesue, feeling like absolute garbage the past few days. I'm sure its because how I've been eating. I don't even want to admit to what I've been eating!

I took an extra dose of pred and I'm feeling marginally better now. I can actually get out of bed now.

Yah my bums hurting today also.I kinda ate some shrimp ,crab legs and ceasar salad last night for diner. I new that today would be a snow day. So needless to say I am sticking my rump close to the toilet today.

Tammy

I drank two cokes for the caffeine yesterday and felt like crap. I really try to stay away from sodas. It was a rare event to keep me awake on a schedule I was not expecting.

Kev

Man,driving cab, when the taxi windshield got coated with road grime, and you couldn't get the streaking to stop, couldn't see because of dark, rain covered roads AND the grime... Forget windshield washer fluid, that didn't work. no, got me a can of coke, opened it and poured it fresh over the windshiled. Just ate thru that crap like acid. Started thinking about what it was doing to my insides, N quit!

Kev

Well, as addictions go, it's probably the last one the 'do gooders' will ever outlaw.

But, if you are addicted, you may want to consider switching over to ginger ale, so the benefits of the ginger counteract the detriments of the artificial flavour/colour, all that sugar, and of course the CO2.

Kev

Well, ginger ale is also available as diet. Whether to go with sugar or one of those sugar substitutes is a personal call. Sugar is the type of food the bad bugs seem to thrive on, but some of the sugar substitutes have as many bad effects as some of the worst crohns meds. so it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

The nutritionist that saw me in the hospital gave me a diet plan, and coke etc., is a no no for me.

It's not so much the sugar but the carbonation..
I can't drink any kind of carbonated beverages. :depressed:

Kev

Yeah, its carbonated... And it is recommended in the hospital printout for scopes, BUT they say it has to be flat. I can understand that. The last thing my GI tract needs is more pressure, pain.. or to have the contents forced out via a CO2 jet

Like, CO2 cylinders are what they use to inflate life jackets, inflatable rafts, power pellet guns...

Yup Ginger Ale is carbonated, but, I have had it when not feeling up to par, if it's very very flat. (Kind of like how I sing) LOL
Anyway, I pour a glass and stir it quite a bit and then let it sit. :)

S

Stuffette

snow

Something about being snowed in makes me want to eat bad things too. I can usually get away with it because my brain knows that I don't have to go anywhere and that the toilet is nearby. My system relaxes and I get away with it.

I can't have any kind of soda but sometimes really crave a coke. If I am home and don't have to go anywhere, I usually give in. If I am out, NO WAY!

thankfully carbonated drinks seem to go down alright in my body! i can usually have a glass of coke or something with a meal or a pepsi after doing sport and not feel any real pain. only drinks i stay away from are milk and orange juice.

lets just say they seem to do the same job as picolax with me!