• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New kid on the block!

M

Mozam

Hows everybody doin tonight??!

My names Dez, I'm 29, and I've had crohns for as long as I can remember - it was diagnosed when I was 7!! Had the doctors completely foxed for a whole week, until they sussed me!:cool:

I had a really tough time of it right through my childhood - missed out on pretty much ALL my schooling until I hit my mid teens. I was given an ileostomy in June '93, and I haven't looked back since - what's the point in THAT?? Looking back? No way! Look forward, at all times - you bump into less things for a start!

Anyway, before I had my surgery, I had every medicine around at the time - prednisolone, mesalazine, you name it. I think it is amazing how far things have moved on though - I don't mind admitting that I hardly know ANY of the names of things you guys are taking now!!

Anyway, away from all this health sh, sorry, stuff - I work for the Scottish registrars office here in Edinburgh, helping folks trace their family trees amongst other things. Fascinating stuff, sometimes! In my spare time I play with my son Ronan, who is 19 months old and just a bit cuter than daddy! I play football ( well, soccer I suppose ), golf, pool - also do some swimming and hillwalking, if it's not too cold (hardly ever over here in rainy Scotland!). I'm a frustrated dj, would love to be on the radio - I like singing too, any kinda music - my heroes are Otis Redding, David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis, Otis Redding - I know i said him twice, but hell he's THAT good!

Anyway, I've taken enough of your time, whoever's read my little intro. If you ever need a Scottish cheering up :D , or some family tree stuff needing done, or a joke or two (clean or dirty, I don't mind!!), then email me. PLEASE!!!

Oh yeah, by the way - I told you all who my heroes were. I missed some people out - ALL of you guys. Any sufferer of crohns, ibs, anything crappy like that - in my opinion, you're all legends. All the love and care in the world to you.

J

jyarmo

Hi Dez! Thanks for sharing your story!
I think your sense of humour and positive attitude (I agree, btw with always looking forward) will make you fit right in around these parts! :)

In a way, it's sometimes better not to know about all these medications that are out there. Half the time I don't know what a medication is until I have to start taking it! Regardless, spending time around here will definetely provide some education for you (while you educate others, of course!)

See you around! :)

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Thanks for sharing a little about yourself with all of us Dez. It really seems like your personality and sense of humour will fit in really well here! It seems like you have the positive mindframe that is necessary to go through all that you have been through. It is also great that you are still able to lead such a busy life now. Keep up the good work!

O yeah, you are also our hero :)!

R

ReeRee

I love this dude! Dez you are my new hero for sure! You so rock. I hope you'll be coming here a lot? Please? With cherries on top?:)

You could be so much inspiration to a lot of people, myself included. I love your energy and personality! I'd love to hear more about you and your family. I love your son's name, btw.

ReeRee said:
I love this dude! Dez you are my new hero for sure! You so rock. I hope you'll be coming here a lot? Please? With cherries on top?:)

You could be so much inspiration to a lot of people, myself included. I love your energy and personality! I'd love to hear more about you and your family. I love your son's name, btw.

Same here

J

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Wow... it feels like you have been here even longer than me :p Interesting to see this pop back up again. Anyways I hope that you have felt welcome here and that has been why you have stayed around. I know that we all love having you here, so feel free to share your story anytime with us :) .

J

Jonny

Hi Dez good to hear about you and thanx for welcoming me to the site.

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Mozam, I never welcomed you...I'm so sorry. I don't know how I missed your story. You certainly have one to tell...and I for sure mimic everyone else when they say, we are glad to have you here. Many blessings to you sweet man.