• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The Pink-Haired Lady Speaks

I

Isla

Here is my intro!

Name: You can't have my real one so call me Isla (EYE-la)
Where I grew up: In the midwest of the USA :(
Where I want to live: Australia, Canada - Maybe back in Colorado
Where I don't want to live: Egypt, Uganda, Switzerland, the list could go on
Favorite food: Anything made with butter, lard, bacon grease, or olive oil
Favorite color: Pink - OBVIOUSLY
Pet Peeve: Naked men wearing socks (don't ask, don't like that image in my head)
Personality: If you can't tell that I am a bit eccentric (ok really weird) well.. ya.. and stuff
Occupation: Web designer, so I am half artsy-fartsy and half engineer
Hobbies: Computers, but they are more like body parts... so photography, artwork, crafts, music, singing and trolling forums apparently!

Now for the boring stuff------

Medical conditions: Thalassemia Intermediate, Chronic stones cause by a horseshoe kidney (though CD probably doesn't help much,) Thyroid disease, and Crohns.

Cool medical things I can do: I am double jointed in my hips and all my fingers. I can tolerate horrible pain but amazingly cry like a baby over simple injuries. Not much else... nothing else to see people, move along.

Cool things I wished I could do: Fly, read minds, have a magic wand, have best friends with names like Hermione, and be able to convince the world that honesty REALLY IS the best policy (I'm still working on that one!)

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Welcome Isla!

Good to see you found us. Looking forward to seeing you on the site. How long have you had Crohn's?

I also have thyroid probs along with a few other things so you are definately not alone on the multiple issues.

Welcome again.

Last edited:
hiya Isla and welcome to the madhouse, sorry, the forum ;)

great to have you here - i'm sure you'll settle in well, and hope you find it as positive and supportive as i have. love your hair, by the way! :D

see you out there.

I

Isla

Thanks for the replies! I have been dealing with CD for almost 10 years but only recently diagnosed. My most troublesome problem with CD has got to be the reoccuring obstructions. And since I was so recently diagnosed I don't know what the future holds, but I am not really worried. Anything life can throw at me I can handle (or thats how I feel most of the time!)

Again thanks guys for the warm welcome to the crazy lady with pink hair!

You don't want to live in Switzerland? It's one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places I've ever been!

Welcome to the forums :)

I've got double-jointed hands/fingers and feet/toes. It's a great party trick ;)

I

Isla

Well maybe if you get rid of the people then I might live there... yes, that would be cool.. have Switzerland all to myself <with an evil laugh> A HAHAHAHAH </evil laugh>