• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate

My consultant (who is a total prat) gave me a prescription for Methotrexate and 2 pieces of paper telling me about it and sent me on my merry way.

Does this stuff work ?

I know all meds work differently on different people but my biggest fear is the side effects - i took 6MP and AZA and had to stop due to feeling like a zombie.

Are the negatives worth any positive ?

Hello,I have been taking it for about 6 weeks now.A shot weekly 25mg.So far I have had no sideeffects from it but don't know if it's working or not yet.They say it takes a while before it works.Good luck with it

Pen said:
you have 3 kids and cant afford to be a zombie. Good luck FL!
This is my main concern - I feel ill enough with the Crohn's as it is without then taking drugs that make me feel worse !!

its saturday morning, and i've just had my weekly meth pill. i know today i'll sleep a bit and be a bit zombie like, but after that i'll be fone for the week.

and all my inflamitory markers have consistantly come down over the past 3 months i've been taking it:)

good luck and best wishes

jed said:
its saturday morning, and i've just had my weekly meth pill. i know today i'll sleep a bit and be a bit zombie like, but after that i'll be fone for the week.

and all my inflamitory markers have consistantly come down over the past 3 months i've been taking it:)

good luck and best wishes
Hi Jed - could you expand a bit on the "zombie like" and "sleep a bit" ?

Thanks

S

scaldwell1992

They want to change my Azathioprine for this mediciine. the injection version x