• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Zeal

Yea. I am part of a crohns support group on Facebook and a woman there swears by the stuff and posted pics of her tons of pills and now how she only takes a few because of zeal. She was very nice and even shipped me a sample. I drank one last night and woke up this morning with the worst diarrhea and I drank one for lunch today and now it's running right through me. I thought I was having a slight flare up but the more I think of it I think it might be the drinks that are causing this... 😓

nogutsnoglory

It's possible that it works for her or she happened to go into remission and is incorrectly attributing it to the drink. Either way everyone is different and you need to do what is right for you.

Very true. I always give everything a try. Keeping fingers crossed that will help me and keep me out of the hospital. Remicade worked amazingly for me but I am currently trying for my second child so I can't be on it.

It's never really a good thing to supplement blindly without testing for deficiencies. There are a number of ingredients in there that are harmful if taken in excess (and you can't tell that without knowing the levels already in your body) and there are others listed that are in such low quantities that, if you are deficient, are there as window-dressing only.