• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How many do you pop?

D

DannyB

Hye guys/gals,

Just wondering how many if any pills do you take per day to control the IBD?

I am currently on 19 and trying to get that number down but like everything else, it sure isn't easy.

J

Jonny

Right now i take around 7 a day but that might be more soon after i see my Consultant Physician.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Right now it is only 4. 3 Flagyl and 1 iron pill. I also usually take a multivitamin in the morning, and sometimes a calcium too (if I remember).

J

JoJo

At the moment 17 prescribed meds a day plus a fish oil capsual and a Probiotic!! I'm sure I rattle as I walk LOL

K

Kate

i dont think mines to bad its 11 a day and that includes all my sups other wise perscribed meds would be 8

V

Valentina

(when I remember to take them all...) Im all the way down to 9 a day (12 on Sundays) and thats the lowest Ive been in a few years, so Im happy about that...

M

Mickeyg

I only take Imuran and 2 kids vitamins (when my boys take them I join in.) and prednisone...but will be off pred on Sunday. YEAH!

R

rhiannonctr

Prescribed=5, 4 Imuran and 1 Cipro
Supplements=8, 4 multivita, 1 vita C, and 3 probiotics
I also take 2mg/day liquid B12 sublingually

This is seriously down from last year which hit a daily high of 33 pills.

S

Sanja

6 pills of Salofalk , 3 pills of fish oil, 1 pill of folic acid and Probiotics

D

DarrylP_Ajax

80mg/day of Pred, started yesterday on 2 X 1tsp of Intesine-1 (Glutamine, FOS, glucosaine), 1 Bottle of Bio-K a day, 3 Omega-3-6-9 Fish Oil Capsules, 2 Mega-Multis a day

J

Jimbo

4 pentassa, 50mg of pantropozole, 100mg of Azathroprine, 3 iron tablets

12 asacol a day
6 Entocort a day
2 Imuran a day
2 doses of Advair Daily
Albuterol When needed
2 of some kind of acid reflux pill dont remember the name
3 muscle relaxers (dont remember the name sitting here either some generic stuff)
2 correctal (usually everyday)
1 multi vitamin
1 b12 pill
1 iron supplement

So I guess that makes 32 , 33 if u count birthcontrol, and a ton more if u count all the tylenol I take when im having bad flare ups

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

:) Hi Danny

fingers crossed im med free ((((((hugs)))))))))) to all of you that are

J

Janet

I feel lucky seeing how much some of you are taking!
I'm down to 1 Entocort a day, 6MP, then a multi-vitamin, 2x iron, and zinc every other day. Does anyone take FORIVA? It's the IBD vitamin and I want to try it out.

K

Kossy

Right now I only take three. I've been as high as thirty two a day a few years back.

B

bugzy

39 on the day i take my mtx (once a week) other days its 31. so does the winner get a prize? lol

C

Crohntastic

a pharmaceutical company's dream

21 +:
i'm on 12 asacol, 4 xifaxan, 2 azathioprine, 2 Forvia multivitamin, 1 Wellbutrin and (when I remember) 1 packet of probiotics ($3 a packet, ouch). throw in the odd prevacid and tylenol and I take more than a lot of seniors.

S

Spongie Sonya

I'm only on 3 now...but I keep forgetting to take them...oooops!

mmm letsee (getting out pill basket from top of refergerator) LOLOL!!

1 imuran 2x a day (2)
1 Asacol 3x a day (3)
1 AMOX 2x a day (2)
1 Toprol XL for hypertension once a day (1)
----------------------------------------------
Grand total: 8

hehe!!

Asacol, IMHO, is probably the worst medicine I've ever taken, its like taking candy, doesn't do a DARN thing, but my GI insists I take it, he says its "routine medicine for crohns" which I highly doubt but whatever I am not a medical doctor so who knows... I was told that Pentasa works better then Asacol, much better, every doctor has a different opinion I guess (shrugs)

I like the happy pills, can I have a dozen? hehehe!
Thats ok though, Darvocet gives me the same effect! just on 1.. haha
I dunno why, makes me drunk like and really talkative and extremely relaxed. hehe

Last edited:
B

boneyboy

3 Entocort, 3 imuran, 6 asacol, and as many lonox (anti-poo pills) as I need to make it through the day. So, around 15 total per day. Nowhere near my worst.

2young4this

3 entocort ec
2 6-MP
4 Pentasa
12 more Pentasa three more times a day
1 multivitamin
1 zinc
1 vitamin c..

oh and did I mention I still feel crappy? :)

Mazen said:
1 Imuran, 6 Pentasa, 2 enteric coated fish oil caps

Dekar: What's Bio-K??
brand name that has 50 billion l acidophilus and l casei priobiotic bacteria per bottle (equivelant of having 100 small servings of yogurt). thats what it says on it