• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Klean Prep

B

Babe123

best chilled or room temperature? ive heard it tastes like sea water
x

Babe123 said:
best chilled or room temperature? ive heard it tastes like sea water
x
Same question here, but in relation to Anthrax.

*gag* I really hate Kleenprep. I'd be scared to have it cold, just in case it puts me off cold things for the rest of my life.

B

Babe123

did you have it warm? what can i mix it with to make it taste nice?X

If it's the same stuff I had, it said on the bottle not to mix it with anything. Yes, it was AWFUL!!! I thought it was slightly better cold. Good luck! You can get through it!

Lisa

B

Babe123

do i absolutley have to drink it all? could i jsut drink msot of it ? and then drink plenty of water?X

Ewww.....if this is the gallon thing........I couldn't get it down. I was told to make sure it was really cold because it would be better that way. I was also told by my pharmacist to mix it with Kool-Aid. Not a good idea. I ended up calling in to the office to find something else to drink and ended up with a Fleet again. That's bad, but it's only 1.5 ounces bad. Compared to the gallon, I'll take it! I also had to drink some bottle of lemon flavored carbonated something or other. I do hope it's a long time before I need to do this again!

Good luck!

B

Babe123

im really struggling to drink the last litre. ive drunk a few small glasses of it. its making me gag now. my tummy is making lots of bubbles inside which i presume means its working and im gettting tummy pain which it says on the side effects.

why couldnt they have just given me picoloax grr
x

B

Babe123

i asked them and they said t was fine cos im struggling to drink it all. my tummy is really hurting. havnt had any b/m's yet but i can tell its working cos my tummy wont stop making funny noises

thank you :D
x

B

Babe123

wel since i posted that ive been running to the toilet every 5 minutes which i suppsoe is a good thing cos atleast its working!!!!x

B

Babe123

wel i havnt been eating all that much latley. yday i only had one meal and a few snacks.

if all thats coming out is fluid should i be ok?X

It needs to be clear liquid Babe. If its still coming out like muddy water then you're not cleaned out yet. Remember no red or purple drinks but clear fluids like 7-Up are ok. This is the worst part of the process. You'll get through it.

Hey Babe, hope the prep is going okay, it's rough stuff! When I did the liquid prep, they told me I could stop once it was like yellowy water. Its been an hour and a half since your last post, so I assume you're done with the prep by now, but if you don't finish it, I think that's still okay. Hope you're feeling okay, it gave me just awful stomach pains the first time, and the pills gave me the worst nausea the second time.

What are you getting done anyway? A colonoscopy? If so, it's absolutely true what everyone says about it, the prep is by far the worst part!

B

Babe123

the first sachet i had i had really intense stomach pains. the colonoscopy wasnt that bad.. i had picolax for that which tasted ok.

im having a capsule endoscopy. im so shattered and ive got to be up and out the house by 6am and i cant go sleep yet cos ive still got the runs

grrrr

xxxx

B

Babe123

well ive had a crappy nights sleep and have got very bad nausea. keep goin the loo every 5 mins still so dont know how im gnna make it to sheffeild
xx

C

CazMc

I was like that, I don't know how I made it to the hospital. Tt was horrible:( Let us know how you get on x

I certainly don't envy you right now. I've always found that the prep to be horrible and way worse than procedure. I'm glad you made it through it okay.

I pray to God that our enemies never learn how to weaponize that stuff, because then we'd be in some serious trouble.

B

Babe123

it was awful. i was awake from2 am til 5 am feeling really sick. and trying to throw up but obviously couldnt cos there was nothing in my tummy, i couldnt stop running to the toilet.

then we got up at 6am to drive to sheffeild, to be told that my boyfriend, mum and dad couldnt all stay. only one person could :mad:

so.. they checked my bp which was sky high. then they attached these sticky pad electrode things to me and gave me the capsule to swallow. which was huge! im having serious words with Dr Bohen he said it was tiny.

then it didnt move through my tummy fast enough so they had to give me an injectionin my bum.. whch i fainted after. then it still didnt move from my tummy to i had to have a drip. i was soo thirsty!!

then at 1 i ws finally allowed a drink! and at 2 i was allowed something to eat.

im exhausted. ive never felt so tired in all my life.

my appitite isnt back yet though.. did anyone else find this?Xx

C

CazMc

That sounds pretty traumatic, I really feel for you. What happen now, how long do you have to wait for results etc? I hope you are able to take it easy for the next few days:)

Caz x

B

Babe123

wel.. ive given my self the day off college today. might give my self tomorrow off aswell. i still feel quite sick.. is that jsut becasue my blood sugar isnt back to normal yet?

ive got to wait 6 weeks for the results. i dont think ill ever be able to drink orange again.

ive been asked to baby sit tomorrow night.. i dont want o say no.. but i dont think i could stay awake til midnight !!
:'(
x

Babe, sorry to hear you had such a rough time of it. Havent had the pill cam, but certainly know about horrible preps, being made to fast, things going thru too slow etc. etc. Huge (hugs) for you....

I think you should def. say no to the babysitting tomorrow Babe. You aren't going to be up to running around after kids the way you are. You need a bit of time to recover. I know you feel like you are letting them down, but it is really more responsible to recognize what your limits are.

Hope you feel better soon. xx

P.S. I am still feeling yuck too, waiting for my contrast to pass.... my stomach is so swollen I think i am gonna end up with stretch marks! :(

How in the heck could they tell that it hadn't left your stomach?! Has it come out yet (or do you know)?

6 weeks is excessive!

I hope you get some answers soon ...

B

Babe123

cos i had a little pack on me that showed where it was in my tummy when it was connected to a lap top.

is it right that im still not hungry ?

whats a contrast? i rung the woman and explained that i had to go to hosital yesterday and that it wouldnt be fair on her or to the children if i agreed to babysit for her
x

Glad all that's over!
I'm not an expert... but I'm not surprised you're not hungry... when you have gastro-intestinal problems anyway, then they make you do the prep and starve yourself... then do all those procedures.
I find that when I'm feeling a bit sick, sometimes eating a bit of something makes me feel better... works 80% of the time

B

Babe123

yeh..ive jus had a bit of veg and gravy..not much but its helped a little. i jsut dont know what ill do if they find nothing.. obviously that will be good.. but then ill be wondering why i am still ill. weve ruled out that its not in my head. so theres got to be a problem. its just finding out what.. allthough my GP is adament its either crohns or IBD.
xx

I was hungry after my pill cams but it's different for each of us. I can imagine the prep mucked things up for you in terms of eating.

That's cool that they connected it while you were still in hospital. I got to leave and came back 8 hours later. The fact that it had trouble leaving your tummy is weird. I had a similar issue and was diagnosed with gastroparesis which since has been dismissed again.

Contrast is a radiation dye used to highlight things like your bowel, inflammation or veins. It lets doctors see things better when you undergo a CT and MRI scan.

B

Babe123

ahh right. yeh the prep made me feel really ill. i wantred to leave and go shopping but i suppose its a good job i didnt cos i fainted lol. i still cant get the sticky from the sticky pads off me tho
x

B

Babe123

i tried nail varnish.. which worked but it stung my skin so i stopped. grr.. i even tried a pumce stone but that hurt aswell lol
xxx

B

Babe123

ill try that thanks :D ive got baby oil.. i put it in the bath leaves my skin really soft..although its abit slippery.

i still feel slightly ill.. im debating weather to go to college or not. ive only got 2 lessons ( and a huge break inbetween them!)
x

B

Babe123

i might just do.. i have got a busy weekend ahead of me !! what the hell a day off it is :D x