• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

P

punky_liz

I just joined and I have Crohn's. Shocker. Anyway, a little about myself is, well I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was seven. It took them two and half years of being sick before they figured it out. They thought I had something wrong with my feet because I had such bad joint pain in my hips. Go figure. But I went into remission when I was around 10 or 11. And my teens were pretty quiet except I had to have a resection when I was 15 because I had a bad stricture. Obstructions suck. Anyway, that was successful and until I was 19 my Crohn's was quiet. But then I had a flare and I had the wonderful remicade, which quieted my Crohn's again. But about a year and a half ago I started having troubles with obstructions from strictures. But thankfully my doctor just dialated them. I did not have to have surgery. My only problem now is that I'm allergic to remicade, because I had a it a few weeks bad and I had a bad reaction. So I don't know what I'm going to do now. I'm doing good right now, so I think I'm going to try and focus on that. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong in groups like this because my Crohn's usually settles pretty easily. But now that I say that I'm going to have trouble. No wait I need to be positive right? I wrote this fast so I hope it makes sense.
Hope everyone is doing well, or at least as well as you can!!!!
Liz:)

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome Liz! Of course you belong here as anyone who is affected by this disease is welcome. It is not a contest to see who has had and done what!

Hopefully things continue to stay easy for you though.

V

Valentina

Hey Liz! welcome to the site. hope you feel at home here, its a good place.:thumright:

J

Jonny

Hiya Liz loads of ups and downs with Crohns i hope you stick around and best of health to you.
:) :welcome: Ur in the right place and belong:)

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

I am GRANDMA BEAR aka Karen & I am here to say WELCOME LIZ !! I am sure that you will make plenty of friends here so jump right in and have some fun and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the very near future !!

Hi Liz,
Great to hear you do well a lot.
It is hard to control..like it can be..lol,
Hope you stay around and write some more.

M

Mozam

Hi Liz,

Good to hear fom you - hope to see more of you around the boards sometime.

Cheers

J

jenemc

welcome

I joined last week and i wanted to say hi and welcome.

jennie

K

Kate

hey liz

everyone is welcome here and im sure you can still help out

all the best hun
kate