• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and nose infections ?

Hi i seem to be gettin nasal infections quite a bit and because of this i now have a hole in my septum , anyone out there had this problem it really worries me

I have had a hole in my septum for almost 20 years from a surgery I had. It still bleeds tiny amounts when it's really dry or I'm sick. Otherwise the most I notice it is that it whistles a little sometimes. :)

Are you sure your original infection cleared up? My son had an infection for about 6 months one time. It would get mostly better but never completely clear up.

The ent doctor has given me some cream to put on , it looks inflammed inside but I'm just trying to leave it alone as I'm terrified the hole will get bigger what was the reason u got ur hole is it connected with crohns ?

My internet has not been letting me respond to you. :) I think mine was a fluke and not due to Crohn's. After I had surgery to remove some polyps, the doctor didn't pack my nose. I got horribly ill and I think that affected the healing.

Oh yeah, been there! My infection was just inside both nostrils for years. Nothing helped except for betamethasone 0.1% ointment applied multiple times a day - it disappeared within a week. In my case it was a fun strain of staph and some other bugs. Most successful treatment I've ever had for a n y t h i n g.