• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Results on upper endoscopy.

L

leah131

Hi all!
Yesterday I had an upper endoscopy done. They found some inflammation in my stomach and esophagus. I go back to see the doctor sometime next week. He said he will fit me into his schedule. Hope everyone here is well. Write Back Soon
Leah

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

hi Leah

good luck with your results keep us posted

(hugs))))))

V

vixen

hope you are ok . just trying to get used to this forum thingy:blush: :blush:

L

leah131

what does it mean that you stomach and esophagus is inflmammed? Write Back Soon,
Take Care
Leah

L

leah131

I meant to say that the doctor said that the inside of my stomach was swollen.
Leah

D

DannyB

Hye Leah,

I am sure the docs will have all the answers for you.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
leah131 said:
what does it mean that you stomach and esophagus is inflmammed?
It basically is simular to swelling. the areas that are inflammed are larger than they are supposed to be.

Do not worry about anything though and just be patient until you see the doctor next.

J

Jonny

Hi Leah hope your feeling better soon

Rest no stress fae sure

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Aren't you a doll, to be concerned about us. We hope you are well Leah, and we'll keep our fingers crossed for you. Healthier days sweetie.

Hugs*

L

leah131

If my GI wants to see me this week. He said he will fit me into his schedule. Will he put me into the hospital?
Leah

Hey Leah,

how are you feeling today? hope you are feeling ok..

yeah, all that is normal with crohns, I too had that at one time, I've pretty much had crohns symtoms from my eyes to the anus at one time or another, I agree with the others, try not to worry about it and let the doctors do what they do best :) The only time I ever question what the doctor says or does, is when they discuss the possibility of surgery, because surgery means "gone for good", and one thing, if nothing else, I have learned about having crohns, is that, just because inflammation appears somewhere, doesn't mean its going to be there forever..

I have seen even Gall Bladder ulcers disappear on their own before, I have seen stomach, throat, eye, ulcers on outside of skin, all suddenly appear then suddenly disappear on their own before, so when it comes to surgery for inflammation, i always think twice about it, always, but otherwise, I take any medications or do whatever it is my doctors tell me...always have :) I like to think of inflammation like having an allergy to something, yeah its there for awhile, but then suddenly when you least expect it the inflammed area just disappears out of thin air, its the strangest thing. hehe.. Doesn't always happen that way, sometimes ulcers get worse and develop holes (like my Fistula I've had forever) but gosh otherwise every other place on my body just disappeared mysteriously, that tends to be how crohns works sometimes. so I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

take care.

Last edited:
L

leah131

I was just reading my report of what I got from the hospital and what they found. They found some mild esahagitis and gastritis. What does that mean? Hope all is well. Write Back Soon,
Leah

J

jenemc

results

hey leah...let us know what dr does. also i am thinkning of you...

jennie

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I really do not know what it means. The best bet is to speak directly with your doctor and ask what that means. You can try the internet to see what those things are, but just be careful, as what is written may not totally go with what you have.

B

boneyboy

What's it mean?

leah131 said:
I was just reading my report of what I got from the hospital and what they found. They found some mild esahagitis and gastritis. What does that mean? Hope all is well. Write Back Soon,
Leah
Hi Leah - new here to the group, figured I'd pop my head in.

Any of the "itises" means inflammation. Gastritis is inflammation of the gastric lining. Could be stomach, intestines, etc. From your earlier post it sounds like inflammation of the stomach's gastic lining.

Esophagitis is inflammation of the espophagus' lining.

Basically, it's a fancy way of saying that your digestive system is inflamed.

Whether they will put you in the hospital or not, I cannot answer. I'm not very familiar with any specific symptoms you've been having as I haven't come across that post yet. I will say this.

Try and get in a calm state of mind. Don't guess about what they will do. Make like a buddhist and go chase some Zen. Easier said than done, I know that for sure. Do your best to not stress, not guess, and just overall, relax. Whatever relaxes you, go experience some of it.

Hope you feel better, it's always the preferred option. Have a good one,

Dave

L

leah131

Doctor called today and told me I got some acid relafux. I go back to see my GI on friday.
Leah

L

leah131

inflammation of the stomach's gastic lining Is it serious? How do they treat inflmamation of the stomach gastic lining? Write Back Soon,
Take Care all,
Leah

L

leah131

Doc assistant called this morning and asked me how I was feeling and ask if I was having trouble swallowing and told him yes. Doc also said I have some mild inflmation in the esphgitis Anyone know what they do for this? Wrtie Back Soon,
Leah

V

Valentina

Im sure your DR will give you all the answers on Friday, they will prob want to start you on some meds to see if they bring down your inflamation. Good luck!