• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello Everyone - My story so far...

Just wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at the age of 16. At the time of the diagnosis I was taking exams and was very stressed. Stress is my main trigger. My dad also suffers from the condition but has been "cured" through homeopathy.

I'm now 28 and my diagnosis is now of Crohns as opposed to UC. I am generally against all types of allopathic (mainstream) medicine. I believe it only suppresses the issue and is harmful in the long term. Having said this, I have been forced to take certain medicines such as Prednisolone when having severe flareups.

I have been hospitalised twice due to my condition. The last time being the most severe (around 2 years ago now), I was in hospital for 8 days. I was emptying my bowels around 8 times a day, with blood. I was vomiting, had dramatic weight loss, loss of appetite, felt extremely weak and fatigued, etc.

I recognise that allopathic (mainstream) medicine has its place. I would not be here without it. But it is not IMO the way forward. I have tried many natural remedies such as: Manuka Honey, Nigella Sativa (Black Seed) Oil Capsules, Carcumin Capsules, Wheatgrass, Psyllium Husk and many more.

The latest thing I am currently about to try is Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide. I will start by taking it in spray form, spraying it on to the throat so it gets in to my lungs and spreads throughout my body. After this will start by taking drops in water. I have read that Hydrogen Peroxide creates large amounts of oxygen in the body, which then aids with healing of the ulcers.

So yes, that's my story so far... I have many many questions of my own which I will ask in due course!

To echo as mentioned before, I would be cautious with drinking diluted food hydrogen peroxide. You might have read the cautions also, but if not, even the oxygen authors that write about hydrogen peroxide recommend to not drink it due to the burning it can cause in the digestive tract.

If used it is recommended as you mention to use a spray bottle or bathe in diluted food grade hydrogen peroxide.

There are oxygen supplements sold in stores. Mr Oxygen sells some. The "oxygen" drops can be found on Amazon. There are other brands. One former NASA researcher comes to mind. Out of curiosity I tried the oxygen supplements for awhile. I thought it helped some. it wasn't a cure but I had some good weeks while I took it.

There is of course reactive ozone therapy. it would be similar to hydrogen peroxide but without the hydrogen burn. I didn't read the thread but I saw someone recently posted on this sight about using ozone. You might use the search button for information to see if it helped others.

I read some Cuban and Russian studies on using ozone for IBD conditions in the past. It sounded as if it could help. I'm wasn't entirely convinced but it might be worth a try if an ozone doctor can be located.

I read something interesting the other week on hyperbaric oxygen treatment. It was on another IBD board. Someone was mentioning that hyperbaric oxygen treatment was helping nicely the persons condition. No mention on the type of machine used but it had me thinking I might look into that idea in the future.

I forgot to mention, I do an oxygen idea most of the time. (I've been away from home the last few months.) When I'm at home I vortex my water. It's as it sounds, I stir the water for 5 to 10 minutes increasing the oxygen content. It is a bit similar to carbonated soda I suppose. The idea is to mimic flowing natural spring water. Surprisingly the vortex oxygen water helps my colitis condition.

Thanks for all your replies. Regarding the Hydrogen Peroxide, I have not started it yet, but do have my reservations. However, the spray technique (as far as I know) is the safest way to take it.

I have also tried ozone enema before. I had about 8 treatments. I did not see much difference, however was told I needed at least 20 treatments to see any affect. I couldnt be bothered to persevere for that long (what made it worse is the treatment clinic was around an hours drive from my home).

I am generally quite impatient and not very tolerant when it comes to treatments, which I realise is not really helpful, but its my nature.

Also, in regards to my allopathic treatment. I am not on any medication at the moment, but have taken Pred to treat flares when necessary. Currently my GI is trying to get me to start Humira, but I am reluctant due to the side effects and from what I have read, it doesn't seem to that effective anyway.

Due to joining this forum, I have discovered LDN, and from what I have read so far, it looks very encouraging. I am certainly going to do more research on it to see if it could benefit me.

As I mentioned in my original post, I am generally against allopathic meds, one of the reasons being that they simply supress the issue instead of trying to treat it. LDN however, seems different to me, and is possibly a viable option for my condition.

Hello I just want to start with saying that when I was 11 years old I cut my big right toe off and was just hung by a tiny piece of skin. Everything was sewn back on my toe and has been fine. It was totally normal and now I'm 55 going to be 56 am my right big toe has changed in the way it is growing. Instead of a growing flat and then out towards the tip of the toe, it grows upward and it's extremely ugly, and there's nothing but a big gap between the nail and the toe bedding. Kind of looks like a tp. I have ibs-d and it has been referred to as the Crohn's disease. I do not know what this means but I don't know if it relates to my big toe. What can I do about getting this toe to grow back and it's normal thickness instead of the way it is growing? It does not hurt in any way it just is hard to look at. Also, I believe I that have a small aMt of nerve problems in that toe and 2 others.

Last edited: