• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Heya!

R

Rogue

My name's Rob, some people call me Robbo, Bob, Robby, etc. You can call me whatever, I don't mind. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at the age of 12, I'm now 17. It's been a rough 5 years, but multiple prescriptions and colonoscopies later, they put me on Remicade. Which is basically my wonder drug. I still have my bad days, but that's mainly due to my poor eating habits, but what teenager eats right?:p

So just saying my little forum welcome and glad to meet you guys and gals.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Glad to have you with us Rob!

I am glad that Remicade has worked so well for you. It is not easy bouncing around to different drugs and medications, so I am glad that you have found something that works for you.

J

jyarmo

Hey Rob!

Thanks for sharing! It's always nice to hear when someone finds the combination of medication/lifestyle changes that helps them control their condition. :D

R

ReeRee

Hey Rob!

I'm Robbie! It's good to meet you and I hope to see you around often. I really hope you keep that positive attitude. Can't wait to get to know you better. Just wanted to say...

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

Rob ... I am sure that you will make a lot of new friends here { count me in } I may not have Crohn's but my husband does and as long as there are sites like this to help us out ... I am here !! So, once again WELCOME & have a good time here ... JUMP RIGHT IN & HAVE FUN !! ;)

Tami Lynn

Forum Angel
Glad to have you here Rob!

Hopefully you'll find lots of support and make a lot of new friends who know what your going through while your here! Many of us here were diagnosed with CD when we were teenagers, so believe me, we understand (some things never change)

Thankfully, you have many more resources available to you that many of us did not.

I look forward to reading your posts in the future. :)

Wellness wishes!

H

hitrixie

Hey Rob,

My name is Trish a.k.a Trixie, just wanted to welcome you. I was also diagnosed at 12 (although I'm sure I had it way before then) I'm 36 now and have had 13 surgeries. I know how hard it is to be so young and have to deal with this disease. I know I missed out on alot of things in my teens, but you have to make the most out of the good days you have. Take it one day at a time, and good luck. Hang in there !!

Trish

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Rob, nice to see you here...and you're so right, teenagers love to eat whatever, I know I did. Even if it does mean a flare up here, and a flare up there. Welcome, and I hope we get to chat and learn more about each other.
Take care,
Cookie

K

Kossy

Rogue said:
I still have my bad days, but that's mainly due to my poor eating habits, but what teenager eats right?:p

So just saying my little forum welcome and glad to meet you guys and gals.
I've had Crohn's through my teenage years... I lived on a balanced diet of Taco Bell... so I know what you mean.

Tami Lynn

Forum Angel
Hey Rob, Welcome to the board!

When I was 14 (and shortly before and after I was diagnosed with CD) I remeber that I used to crave ALL of the foods that were supposed to be "no-no's" (or so it seemed) like tacos, salads, etc..

Of course I think I started craving healthy foods I wasn't supposed to eat too... I donno. I guess there's something about being told "no" that makes us all inadvertantly want to rebel, eh? :D

I have a difficult time trying to get my 16-year-old daughter to eat right since she was dx last year. She is frequently craving a "cheesy bean and rice burrito" from Taco Bell! LOL

Glad you're feeling a bit better now and hope you keep improving! :)