• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do I have UC? Please help.

I have been getting blood and mucus in my stools since October. I thought it might be to do with gluten (I am celiac) but it would not go away. Went to doctor in December, she told me to ignore it. I have other symptoms, I’ve lost weight and I’m constantly tired, sore stomach and need to go constantly and also get constipated. I had a sigmoidoscopy two weeks ago, I’ve been told nothing alarming has come back but my bowel is inflamed at the bottom and I have to take Pensata suppositories twice a day. I’ve researched these, if it’s not Crohn's or UC what else could it be? And why do I have to use these if it’s not either of these? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have been getting blood and mucus in my stools since October. I thought it might be to do with gluten (I am celiac) but it would not go away. Went to doctor in December, she told me to ignore it. I have other symptoms, I’ve lost weight and I’m constantly tired, sore stomach and need to go constantly and also get constipated. I had a sigmoidoscopy two weeks ago, I’ve been told nothing alarming has come back but my bowel is inflamed at the bottom and I have to take Pensata suppositories twice a day. I’ve researched these, if it’s not Crohn's or UC what else could it be? And why do I have to use these if it’s not either of these? Any advice would be appreciated.
I think you have some form of ibd. I might either ask for more testing or get a second opinion.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hello and welcome. I would suggest you call or go visit a nurse at the GI department of your hospital if you cant meet soon with the GI who examined you. As patients we have rights, and you do have the right to know and understand what is the situation/condition with your intestine and why it requires a medical treatment. It seems possible you do have UC or CD or indeterminate colitis (when the dr cant classify with certainty if its either UC or CD) at this point.