Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Pregnancy, Trying to Conceive & Breast Feeding with IBD » Need help with poopin after Hysterectomy..

12-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Mary

Need help with poopin after Hysterectomy..

Ok so I had my hysterectomy Friday. Went to the bathroom Saturday #2 because I flet like I had to go so they gave me a suppository and it worked. Now what do I do I feel like I have to go but cant and dont want to get backed up.

Diagnosed 10/2010 Mild Crohn's
01/2011 Severe Crohn's with fistula

Meds I was on-
Imuran

Current meds-
Pentasa
Humira 3/11
12-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Lydia

Take a stool softener like colace. They should have prescribed you some post surgery to take the pressure off your abdomen when you poop. Anesthetic can really slow things down for a couple weeks. You can buy colace over the counter. Take it every day with lots of fluids. It may take a day or two to work but dont force it.
12-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
David in Seattle

Ok so I had my hysterectomy Friday. Went to the bathroom Saturday #2 because I flet like I had to go so they gave me a suppository and it worked. Now what do I do I feel like I have to go but cant and dont want to get backed up.
Mary - Do you know what they gave you as a suppository? Glycerin suppositories are available over the counter, and are pretty effective for "on demand" relief. The colace is a good idea as well, but again it is a stool SOFTENER, and won't stimulate a movement by itself. Are you taking prescription pain medication (an opioid), which is constipating? If so, regular use of Miralax, which is generally fairly gentle, while on the constipating drugs may be a good idea.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Pregnancy, Trying to Conceive & Breast Feeding with IBD » Need help with poopin after Hysterectomy..