Share Facebook

03-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #31
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
My car is playing up again. Sometimes starts sometimes won't. Warnings going off and on on the dash. Garage here had it for a week and don't know what's wrong. Can't afford a new one. Breakdown will recover to mainland but then I have to go and pick it up.
AAARGH!

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
03-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #32
keepsmiling21

"Amy, I doubt you could look beastly if you tried." - I second that. You're absolutely gorgeous in your picture!

My vent for the day is I spent the last 4 hours crying in the bathtub. My family thinks I'm dramatic. But nothing soothes the pain. If I so much as twitch my bum feels like it's being stabbed. And when I'm not moving it's just a throbbing burnig feeling.

I too live in the dreary north and can't wait for summer. Snow is in the forecast for Wednesday.

"A smile confuses an approaching frown."
-- Author Unknown

"Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't."
-- Richard Bach

Current Medications:

Asacol 400 mg - 3 pills 3x daily
Omeprazole 20 mg - 1 pill am
Metronidazole - 250 mg - 1 pill 3x daily
Ciprofloxacin 500 mg - 1 pill daily
Alprazolam .5 mg - as needed for anxiety
Percoset - as needed for severe pain
03-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #33
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
argh.....clipped my toenails the other night - and got too close oon my right big toe....NOW it has been sore for the past 2 days, was actually throbbing yesterday...and is REALLY REALLY annoying me!!!!! Don't see any surefire sign of infection though, so that is good....and of couse while typing this it has started to throb again....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
03-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #34
AndiGirl
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Take care of that toe, Lisa! OUCH! I had about 10 ingrown toenails on my great left toenail. I no longer have a nail there. They removed it twice, and it grew back weird each time. The third time, the podiatrist killed the matrix. I use a fake nail if I'm wearing pretty sandals.

Pentasa 2x500mg (4 times a day)
Zofran (as needed for nausea)
Ginger Capsules (for Nausea)
Multivitamin
Zoloft 150 mg
Ranitidine 150 mg (2 times a day)
Entocort 3 mg (3 capsules by mouth for 8 weeks, then tapering to 2 capsules for three months)
03-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #35
margie

My minivent for the day is that my throat hurts from the vomiting....grrrrrrrr....darn violent episodes sometimes.

And I hear you with the heat bill, my gas company is telling me that my little 900 sq ft home is costing close to $200.00 a month to heat it. RIGHT!!! Tired of the utility companies here is MI ripping people off.

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease 2005
At this time have no GI doc and on no meds.
03-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #36
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
My mini-vent today is that it is supposed to be springtime! But it's been snowing and freezing rain here and so cold lately! It was 15 degrees and very windy when I got up this morning. Brrrr! Of course I had already put away my winter coat, thinking I wouldn't need it any more this year. I even went shopping and bought some cute tops for spring. They're sitting in my closet unused and the winter coat came back out for an encore!
03-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #37
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I woke up to over an inch of nice, fresh, light SNOW on the ground!......it was about 20 degrees here.....brrrr......I really really really want the snow to melt so my pastures dry, AND so I can get out and fix some fence - need to move my horses to my Mom's house while I'm away next week - but the fence is almost on the ground in one spot (electric wire fence)....kind of hard to tell because of the 2 feet of snow still left from the drift! I need it GONE!!!!!

on a good note...I did just pick up 2 days of teaching Defensive Driving at $200-/day....yay! Working on my hay money already!~
03-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #38
margie

Congrats pasobutt on your defensive driving job. Spring needs to come soon that is for sure.
03-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #39
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
thanks Margie - I've been working for this driving school for about 2 years now, last year I think I taught 4 classes total....so far this year these will be my 3-4th ones with more to come!

After taxes it is about $160- but still not bad for an 6-7 hour day talking.....
03-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #40
margie

I agree that sure isn't hard to take for a little talking....or a lot....lol
03-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #41
AndiGirl
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My vent for the day- My brother's CD is also flaring up. His two kids are just getting over the stomach flu. That stomach bug must have hit the Anchorage bowl pretty hard. My brother actually caught it before his kids. He was sick for a week, and after recovering, it through his CD into swing. So unfair!
03-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
My mini-vent is that I feel like crap today and it's partly my fault. The part that's my fault is because I ate turkey bacon yesterday - yes, I know it causes me problems, but in my defense, there was a small amount of it and it was in soup. I was thinking that the greasiness of it was what causes me problems, and it wasn't greasy in the soup. But it still hit me hard this morning. And also, I'm on Amitriptyline and it sometimes causes me to have vivid dreams. The last dream I had before I woke up this morning was that everyone around me was vomiting all over the place! It was so gross, and then I woke up and was super nauseous - partly from the dream and partly from the turkey bacon. 2 Zofrans and 1 Lomotil later I'm functional, but still don't feel very well. Yuck.
03-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #43
margie

Awwww Cat, hope you start to feel better soon.

My mini-vent for the day is that I was all ready to head out for my fistulagram....all dressed....car warmed up....had my one cup of coffee to wake up.....stood up, put my coat on and pooof accident happened, no warning at all, it just happened. Needless to say, I was late for my appointment. Tired of feeling this way.
03-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #44
AndiGirl
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hang in there, Cat! Nausea has got to be the worst feeling in the world. Hugs!
03-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #45
annak87

Mini-vent of the day for me - 24 years old, Friday night, biggest thrill of my night is opening up the new sitz bath for a nice soak before bed..ugh
03-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #46
Astra

My Support Groups:
Here's my mini vent

After an extremely hard challenging week at work I was looking forward to a Saturday lie in.
Not a cat in Hell's chance!
9am the phone rang - wrong number, back to sleep
9.30am the phone rang to ask if I received the free local paper, back to sleep
10am the phone rang - Indian cold caller, back to sleep
10.15am another Indian cold caller, and this time I screamed F*** Off!

I am now sooooooooooooooooo knackered!
mini vent over
xxxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

03-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #47
ameslouise

Anna - is there anything better than a nice sitz bath???? They really are great.

My mini-vent is where are the men on our mini-vent thread??? It's like an estrogen-fest in here!

- Ames
03-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #48
Tummytroubles

Mini-vent of the day for me - 24 years old, Friday night, biggest thrill of my night is opening up the new sitz bath for a nice soak before bed..ugh

I hear ya! I'm 24 and I cannot remember the last time I went out on a Friday or Saturday night! *sigh* My friends and boyfriend want to go out all the time but I can't take the chance!
03-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #49
StarGirrrrl

My Support Groups:
Yep i'm 24 and haven't had a night out since my 22nd Birthday after which I got really sick.
Mum has a better social life than me and I just know she will meet someone before me!

My mini vent is inconsiderate family. Grandad is in Hospital and no-one has thought to ask how we are managing. They hop in the car and 30 mins later they are at the Hospital. We have to get 2 buses, travel time 35 minutes plus waiting time and walking to and from stops. We do live near a back way home for them too. Mum works full time, not one of them can remember what that is like since it's been so long since they did!

We may live the closest to the Hospital but that doesn't mean it's easiest for us to get there.
2014 IDA & low B12.

June 2014 admitted to Hospital 3 nights as emergency transfused 2 units of blood. Dangerous case of anaemia.
Caught by pure chance!
Cause currently unknown but suspected CD.

Waiting on blood & stool results from January.

Hoping to stop anaemia treatment soon & lower B12 daily dose!

Last edited by StarGirrrrl; 03-27-2011 at 08:30 AM.
03-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #50
KaLa

My vent - I would like to get up in the morning and feel full of energy to run after my kids, or go to work without feeling exhausted and nauseous. I'd like to eat what I want, and actually be hungry for it! I am sick and tired of being in a flare. I wish that others understood better what it feels like to live with IBD and yes, stop complaining about the little things.
03-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #51
partlycloudy

My Support Groups:
1. I've had a bad sore throat for a few days that's not getting any better so I've probably got a doc visit in my near future. I don't want to go on antibiotics because I always get a yeast infection when I do.

2. My back hurts. All the time. I'm so tired of hurting all the time.

3. My liver enzymes are still elevated, which probably means a biopsy. I suspect it's due to CD and that's really angrifying me for some reason. Why can't it just stick to its own area?? At least I'll get some good drugs during the biopsy.

Edited to say that while I don't wish any of this on anyone I got some good laughs out of this thread.

Last edited by partlycloudy; 03-27-2011 at 10:54 AM.
04-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #52
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
My mini vent for the day: I feel like crap....again.
Michele
04-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #53
keepsmiling21

Mini Vent:

I'm in Florida. Supposed to be having a wonderful vacation. First day here and I'm laying on the couch in excruciating pain. Sweet.
04-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #54
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
I'm tired of being unemployed.

And I'm tired of not liking my jobs when I finally am able to get hired somewhere. I do have an interview for a part time job at Banana Republic this coming Friday. I would LOVE a good clothing discount And maybe an easy job is what I need right now...

I am also tired of debt and tired of moving every year because we can't seem to afford our rent, even though we keep paying less and less.
January 2014 - adopted a mostly Paleo diet
May 2015 - still in remission!

Currently Taking
Humira - 40mg/week
Imuran - 125 mg/day
Calcium magnesium citrate
Fermented cod liver oil/butter blend
Culturelle probiotics
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Biotin
Allegra
04-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #55
margie

I felt well enough Friday to go get my hair done, if that is what you want to call feeling well. Anyways, I make it to the place, had my niece do my hair, felt and looked great, and get out of the place get half way home and have an accident, so now need to go buy more undies. Thank God had a pair in my purse.

Didn't even know that Michigan passed the law to be able to use the employees restrooms. Just need to get the script from my doctor now
04-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #56
Rebecca85

I have a few mini-vents, all related to rude people.

1. Parking across the school gate
2. Standing in the school gate
3. Letting your children run round the supermarket, so I have to keep swerving my trolley round and can't get to the stuff I want
4. This guy in front of me in the checkout queue just had 2 loaves of bread, and put them right on the end of the conveyor (leaving about 3/4 of the conveyor free) so I had no room to put my groceries

I mean, why would anyone do those things? I don't get it!

125mg azathioprine
4g Pentasa
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #57
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
I am auditing an undergrad creative writing class and there is a total of 6 people in the class and NONE of them are ever prepared and bring in their stuff for workshop. I am constantly busting my butt to finish things just so the teacher doesn't get pissed that no one is prepared, but I need a break sometimes!!

Not to mention, I'm starting to get the feeling that these kids are purposely being critical about my writing because I am not afraid to actually share my opinion during workshop unlike others who just say fluffy comments like "I really liked it." I am always constructive in my criticism, but I think people just want their egos stroked. So, now they're giving me crappy comments on my stuff.

I SO cannot wait until this class is done!

OMG, Rebecca...one of my pet peeves is people who park their carts in the middle of the grocery aisles too. I don't get it!
04-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #58
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Marisa, you say you are auditing the class. Are the others doing it for credits? Wonder what would happen if you just sat there one day like a bump on a log? Would the others actually step up? Be interesting to find out.

And I so agree with the shopping cart thing. And the little darlings that are tearing down the lane.

Michele
04-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #59
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Well, my grade will still show up on my transcript, so maybe auditing isn't the right word. Either way...I don't think they would be able to step up because the problem is they never bring in their work for workshop. We are required to have stuff copied onto transparencies for an overhead projector (yeah...not as updated in the technological department here, haha). Even if I brought in nothing, they still would have nothing.

The teacher is just as disorganized though. At the beginning of the semester I kept having to e-mail her about discrepancies on our syllabus on where to find homework assignments. Apparently I was the only one who had e-mailed her, which I guess meant if I hadn't no one would have done the homework??

Anyway...
04-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #60
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Oh, okay. Then it is different from when I audit a course.
I am sorry you are stuck with a bunch of nitwits! All you can do is your best & the heck with them! Also, the course will end sometime & then you can grade the instructor. Hopefully she can take constructive criticism better than her students.

Michele