Share Facebook

04-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #61
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
My mini vent of the day: I can't sleep. How can I be so flipping tired & not sleep?
04-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #62
margie

My minivent is that now for crying out loud I have to go buy some more undies. Ruined 3 pairs today after the stupid small bowel series and the barium I had to drink

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease 2005
At this time have no GI doc and on no meds.
04-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #63
AndiGirl
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My vent of the day is having to cancel my dental appointment again! The five cavities that need to be fixed are not big, but they will get bigger. It's a money issue now. I used to have such good teeth. I take good care of them, but now they are wanting to raise cane with me.

Pentasa 2x500mg (4 times a day)
Zofran (as needed for nausea)
Ginger Capsules (for Nausea)
Multivitamin
Zoloft 150 mg
Ranitidine 150 mg (2 times a day)
Entocort 3 mg (3 capsules by mouth for 8 weeks, then tapering to 2 capsules for three months)
04-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #64
Joleen23

My Support Groups:
Can i mini vent too?
Today was told "Ooo youv'e lost weight everywhere apart from your face , kinda looks like you wearing one of those prostetic fat suits " Yeah Thanks !

Methotrexate 20mg per week
Omeprazole 40mg per day
Ferrous sulphate 3 x tablet per day
Folic Acid 1 per day (5 days a week)
Ranitidine
(trammadol & Paraccetamol for painrelief

Diagnosed Nov 2010 - Crohns Colitis
(bowel problems since 16yrs) 29 Yrs old now
So far tried Asacol,Aza,6mp,Remicade
04-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #65
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I am also tired of debt and tired of moving every year because we can't seem to afford our rent, even though we keep paying less and less.
I hear you and agree 100%! We bought our house 2 years ago because our apartment complex was going downhill and we figured out that it'd actually be cheaper to have a mortgage than to pay rent, even with taxes and insurance. We gave up cable TV and our land line phone when we bought the house and we now watch all our TV online (hulu and Netflix) and only use cell phones. And I'm sure our grocery bill is less because I don't eat much nowadays. My brother moved into our spare bedroom last year and he's paying us a little bit each month for rent and utilities. But for some reason, I still feel like we have less money now even though we're spending less on housing and other bills. Lately I've even been considering looking for a 2nd job (already work full time, not sure if I'd physically be able to work a second job with the fatigue and everything). My hubby's got more steady work now too but somehow it's just never enough. It sucks!
04-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #66
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Cat - We're in the process of possibly getting rid of our TV and just finding what we watch on the internet, or buying it from iTunes. It seems to be cheaper that way. But, we will keep internet access because we need it for school. Money sucks! Haha.

Today's mini vent is that I have a job interview Friday for a part-time job at Banana Republic and I'm worried about what to wear. I have a Banana Republic suit, but don't want to seem like I'm overdoing it for a part-time sales position.

I also applied for a full-time administrative assistant position at a center that studies bioethics. I'm worried I'll be offered the part-time job before even getting interviewed for the full-time job.
January 2014 - adopted a mostly Paleo diet
May 2015 - still in remission!

Currently Taking
Humira - 40mg/week
Imuran - 125 mg/day
Calcium magnesium citrate
Fermented cod liver oil/butter blend
Culturelle probiotics
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Biotin
Allegra
04-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #67
margie

I wish you the best of luck on your upcoming interviews Marisa. Hope it goes well and you get the job that you really want.
04-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #68
Tummytroubles

Mini-Vent- I'm in so much pain! The pain meds only offer semi-temporary relief for a half an hour. I've beenin this stupid flare up for 5 weeks after having been pretty much sympton free for a year. I feel like i'll never feel better and be able to go back to work
That is all
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #69
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Can i mini vent too?
Today was told "Ooo youv'e lost weight everywhere apart from your face , kinda looks like you wearing one of those prostetic fat suits " Yeah Thanks !
I really hope this wasn't a friend that said that! My goodness, gives some weight to what our mothers used to tell us "Think before you speak" huh?
04-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #70
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Marisa: Good luck with the interviews! I hope that whichever job you get, the manager is much better than your old boss at the bank! Don't want to read any more horror stories like that, she sounded pretty awful.

Oh, and this is just my opinion, but if I were an interviewer and I saw that my candidate arrived wearing one of the same suits sold in the store, I'd be pleased that they were familiar with the clothes. Interviewers like it when you know what the product or company is all about. For example, my mom's friend has been looking for a job, and she recently interviewed at the senior center. The interviewer asked her why she wanted to work there, and she said that she had looked at their website and she was impressed with all the great programs they offer. That scored her major brownie points! So I would guess that wearing the suit would score you some brownie points too.
04-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #71
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Oh yeah, I suppose I should add my mini-vent of the day! My mini-vent today is that my allergies are driving me CRAZY! I cannot breathe through my nose, my eyes keep watering, and oddly I'm more fatigued than usual (I think because I haven't been sleeping well due to not being able to breathe) and the skin around my nose is so raw from blowing my nose every 5 minutes. The only allergy med that seems to work for me is Zyrtec but that makes me really sleepy so I have to wait until tonight to take some. Ugh!
04-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #72
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Thanks, Cat The hubby is all for me wearing the suit. Your affirmation makes me feel not as silly now!

I hear you about the allergies. While I'm not sneezing, I'm definitely noticing more post-nasal drip and stuffiness. Not to mention the air seems to be getting drier in the house, as it warms up, but our heat is still on. Even with the humidifier on in the bedroom I wake up with bloody noses. Yuck. I just turned up the humidifier to a higher setting hoping it will ease my nasal problems!

Another mini vent...my husband told me there are 3 part-time positions opening up in his office that I won't be able to apply for because his director refuses to even consider me since we are married. Ergh. We have prior experience working together in the same department in the past. He was even my boss! It was never an issue. Most people didn't even realize we were in a relationship (this was prior to marrying), haha.

He DID just apply for a job in another department though. Would be pretty awesome if he got that job so I could apply for jobs in his old office, haha.
04-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #73
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Oooh. My aunt was on the phone with me a bit ago and I guess my mom had told her I had lost weight... my aunt asked if everyone in the family should be jealous of me! Yea, you should be totally jealous that I am vomiting every time I eat and I'm losing weight because I don't want to eat! Definitely! D:

So insensitive!
04-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #74
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Marisa, good luck with whatever jobs you apply for! And can I ask, did you meet your hubby through work or were you already dating when you started working together? I don't think I could work with my hubby, he's the one I vent to at the end of the day! My parents worked together at the same place for years but they worked opposite shifts so they didn't have to see each other at work but they could still gossip about co-workers and stuff. Now my mom is retired so my dad has to keep her in the loop about the goings-on at work.
04-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #75
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
We were already dating when we started working together. But, he didn't hire me. I was hired by the director whose job he then took over.

It was kind of cool. We worked in an extended care program at a private school. He was the director and I was one of the "teachers." Basically I watched kids as they played. I never really saw him during the day, so I could still vent to him on the way home from work, haha.
04-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #76
Sunshine90

Not much of a mini vent but needed to get it out anyways so hopefully ye can forgive me
Basically just been havin a sucky time recently im in my 2nd yr of a 4 yr course that i HATE im so sick of it ..partly because i felt so crap i ve missed tests/lectures/labs etc . I feel like im drowining in a mountain of work and i ve stopped paddling.... My friends and family know i dislike my course but always say "it ll get betr " or " just stick with it till u graduate". Now with my diagnosis of crohns it feels pointless continuing with it but im 2 scared to drop out or defer a year.I just feel like i have SO much on my shoulders between college ,part time job and family. Im an only child and i know my parents are upset/relieved to finally know whats goin on ...my mom has crohns but i cant talk to her ..we used to be such a tight family but im so angry and depressed i know its not fair to blame her but i am directing my anger at her . My friends have pretty much stayed away since i found out even tho i told them of my results they have no idea of what it really means.. I hate to come across so negative i know people in much much worse states than me but i just cant burst this depression bubble . I had plans to go away for the summer to us but now im terrified of my exams and being away from home comforts i used to be such a social person and now i only feel secure at home near a friggin toilet.

Sorry for such along post just feeling so so down .. this forum has really helped loads so far seeing other people cope so well with this truly horrible disease.
Trying 2 be more like my name Sunshine xx
04-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #77
ameslouise

TRAGEDY!!! My beloved Gloria, cleaning lady extraordinaire, will not be coming back... she needs to tend full time to her husband, who just had a stroke and suffers from "old timers" as she calls it.

I always said Gloria was my reward for shitty health. So maybe this is G-d's way of telling me that I will no longer have shitty health???

This and my parents are leaving tomorrow. I am going to be so lonely!!

-Ames

PS Marisa, that must be soooooo annoying to sit in a small class with others that don't give a shit. Keep bringing your good stuff - let them look like a bunch of slackers!
04-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #78
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Sunshine - I know it probably feels like you are trapped and have no resources. Have you tried talking to a counselor or the dean or even whoever is in charge of working with students with disabilities/special needs? Your school wants to see you succeed and they will do what they can to help you. Even if you go in to talk without making any decisions, it can help make you feel a bit more in control or like you have options if you need them.

I am sorry you have to deal with this awful disease. School is hard. Harder than most people realize. And even harder when you have a disease like this. Please do seek help or advice from someone who can help you. Don't let yourself become any more overwhelmed. *big hugs*
04-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #79
margie

My mini vent today is that I don't understand why my doc sent me the results of which were not good in the mail rather than have me come to the office to talk with him about them. Guess my insurance money isn't good enough cause it is through the state. Therefore, I am not worthy of his time.
04-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #80
Joleen23

My Support Groups:
Hey MADiMarc, It was actually the Lady who owns the Boutique where im buying my wedding dress shop from, Left there feeling very deflated even though it was the first time id seen my finished dress, shoes and veil. Tapering now so im hoping by the time the big day comes (27th Aug) im not going to look like im wearing a comedy fat suit lol
04-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #81
Sha0913

My mini vent of the day is Why the heck cant I hold anything down after 11am in the afternoon, I get my tea and soft pretzel in in the morning but if i eat anything of substance after 11, I will end up throwing it up or feeling nauseous all day.
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Colossians 3:12
***I definitely have Bowels.....of Longsuffering
[SIGPIC]
04-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #82
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
My mini-vent today is on behalf of my hubby. His kidney stones were acting up really bad last night and he was in so much pain that 2 vicodins didn't even take the edge off. I have spent my fair share of long sleepless nights staying up in pain and I hate to see him go through something similar (although a little part of me is glad that he can now kind of relate to some of what I've been through). Poor guy has to work today too, I hope he is feeling somewhat better by then. At least he gets to sleep in - he teaches an after-school art class to elementary & middle school-aged kids.
04-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #83
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
We have a very finicky cat that gets bullied by one of the other cats. If she feels cornered, she will poop outside the litter box (which is upstairs) so she can make a quick get away. Well, this morning, I woke up, went downstairs and made some coffee, and went to get on my computer when I noticed she had left a nice smelly present to the right of the dining room table.

Really? Ergh. Pretty sure she came right upstairs after doing the deed to come snuggle in the bed with me. She does that a lot. "Look how cute I am. I just made an accident on the floor. Please love me." The joys of being a pet owner, haha.
04-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #84
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Marisa, ewww! Cats can be so gross sometimes! Reminds me of something my cat does, actually (sorry, this is going to be really gross too). I have long-ish hair and I always have to clean the tub drain really well after a shower, or my cat will go in there and eat any hair of mine that's still on the drain hair-catcher thing, and then when she poos the hair will get stuck and she'll walk around with a long hair sticking out her butt and a poo stuck to the end of it, dragging along behind her! SO gross!

Another gross thing my pets do is that if my cat barfs and it's mostly comprised of food rather than a hairball, I have to clean it up right away or the dog will eat it! Yuck!
04-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #85
ameslouise

Marisa, good luck on the interviews!

Joleen - really. How rude! Sometimes people just can't control what comes out of their mouths!

My mini-vent today - my parents left this morning and I am so sad. I don't remmeber being this weepy last time they left after taking care of me. I miss my dad's engaging conversation and my mom puttering around the kitchen and doing the laundry. I have been intermittently crying all day.
04-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #86
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Marisa:

Good luck on the interview tomorrow.

I share your cat vent - your cats sound like mine, one likes to bully the other especially when coming out of the litter box so we find suprises on the floor.

Mark
04-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #87
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Oh, Joleen! I am so sorry she said that! I am sure your gown looks spectacular and that your day will be wonderful.

Marissa- OMG! My husband would have come home to see me bleaching the table!

Amy- hang in there hon.
04-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #88
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Michele - Thankfully, the cat didn't poop ON the table, just next to it, haha.

So, I'm getting anxious about this silly interview. I just hate anticipation of something. Just want to get it over with already.

So, my gripe today is that I found out the admin. assistant job I was hoping for was finally posted, but I'm not qualified for it anymore. Someone else got let go out of the department and they combined the two jobs together. One of which was like technological stuff and I am not qualified in that at all. So, that was kind of diappointing to find out.

On the upside...there are going to be like 10 more jobs posted soon there. So MAYBE I will be able to apply for some of those. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't HAVE to accept his part time retail job if they offer it to me. Only 3.5 more hours...
04-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #89
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Wahh! I'm a couple minutes away from leaving to head to the interview.

I hate how whenever I anticipate anything I lose my appetite. Hope my stomach doesn't growl during the interview, hahaha! I ate a yogurt cup a banana and a handful of pretzels. Oh well.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!
04-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #90
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Good luck Marisa! I'm sure you'll do well! If your stomach growls you can just say you're hungry for the job (ha ha - sorry that was really corny!).