Share Facebook

05-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #301
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Sending good thoughts to your little kitty!
05-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #302
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Saw my little kitty today

Still not eating, but she's staying hydrated on IV fluids and peeing. It was cute. she had a little IV taped like a cast around her front leg that was attached to an IV pole. Aww. She vomited a bit this morning again. They're still giving her antibiotics and will try an appetite stimulant tonight and call tomorrow with an update. She is staying until Tuesday, but thankfully the quote they had given us for $500 was for the stay until Tuesday. Though I'm sure that wasn't including the cost of all the shots, fluids, and medications she's been given. The doc didn't mention the barium x-ray again, but I imagine if she still isn't eating after the appetite stimulant, they might have to move on to further testing. The x-ray will cost $300. So, that's $800 already not including extra medication/treatment costs. Scary... Really hoping they find out what it is soon. Otherwise my credit card is going to be maxed out!

She at least looked like she was in good hands and wasn't struggling with them while being carried.

Wah. I miss my baby. the other two kitties, I think, miss her too. Yesterday they were especially quiet all day. And my boy cat even laid next to me all last night in the exact position Chloe normal sleeps in. I saw him sniffing her spot there. They got to see her today too since they got shots. But, I think they were more interested in getting home after being stuck with needles! But yeah...that's the news.
January 2014 - adopted a mostly Paleo diet
May 2015 - still in remission!

Currently Taking
Humira - 40mg/week
Imuran - 125 mg/day
Calcium magnesium citrate
Fermented cod liver oil/butter blend
Culturelle probiotics
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Biotin
Allegra
05-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #303
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Marisa, I hope Chloe feels better soon! Keep us updated, sending happy thoughts your way. And that's nice that your kitties sleep with you. I tried letting Lydia sleep on the bed with us - she always does fine for a few hours, but then around 2 AM she decides it's time to wake up and play. And since hubby & I are asleep, she somehow decided that the best way to wake us up is by biting our toes! Ow, not a fun way to suddenly be awoken! I gave her plenty of chances but almost every night I got my toes bitten, so now we kick Lydia out of the bedroom before we go to sleep.
05-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #304
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Cat - Haha, our cat, Daphnis, did that when he was a baby, but stopped when he got older. He does still have a habit of walking on our pillows at about 5 am every morning letting us know it's time to feed him. But, we just shut him out of the room and sleep until 7 am when it's actually time to feed them. He used to scratch at the door when we kicked them out, but thankfully he finally stopped that. Cats are funny.
05-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #305
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Marisa, cats are definitely funny! My cat & dog don't really get along, although they're gradually getting better. Lydia hardly ever hisses at Lily nowadays, and she hissed all the time when we first got Lily. The funniest thing is when I go outside for just a few seconds, they both wait right at the back door for me, they sit right next to each other directly behind the door! Like this morning, I took the garbage out, so I was outside for literally about 10 seconds. They weren't near the door when I went out, but I had to tell them to both move when I came back in, because they were both blocking the door! It's so funny, they both want to wait for me and see where I've gone, that they can occupy the same space together for that time. I think they are secretly becoming more friendly, but Lydia has to outwardly appear like she's the queen and is too cool to be friends with a dog.

My mini-vent today is ants! I know I've talked about my centipede problem before, but now I've got ants in my bathroom which is new. The weird thing is, we used to have ants in our bathroom when we lived in an apartment, and they were in that room to eat the cat's food. But now that we moved to a house, the cat's food is in the spare bedroom, and there's no ants in there. The ants in the bathroom seem to just be scouts because I only ever see 2 at a time in there. There's nothing for them to eat in the bathroom, and I always squoosh the two that I see. So it seems like, when the two don't come back, they send 2 more as scouts to see what's up. So every day it seems like I kill 2 more ants! I wish they'd give up already! It's just weird that every day I only ever see 2 ants, no more and no less! I want to keep smushing them so that they don't make it out to the cat's food in the other room, and I don't want to put down poison just for 2 daily ants. So we seem to be locked in this weird cycle where I kill 2 ants every day.
05-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #306
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Yuck. Ants. Ours have thankfully stayed away! We had problems with bathroom ants at the old house we rented. I don't know why they came in there. Like you said, there was nothing for them to eat in there. And just as suddenly as they came, they disappeared. Hope they eventually go away!
05-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #307
25times

Marisa, I'm so sorry about your kitty! I know what you're going through. Last summer I went out of town for the day for my birthday. When I got home, my boy cat, Bean, was sitting on the table with his arm all crooked. I thought it was just caught on the cloth, but when I walked up to him, I realized he had done something to it. I started BAWLING my eyes out and I made my boyfriend race us to the animal er. Turns out, he had a spiral fracture of his elbow. I still have no idea how he did it, because he's an inside cat and our apartment is really small. The cost to fix his arm was insane. $3500 to set the bone, $2500 to amputate it. It took me 8 days to come up with $3500. I gave them the money then asked to see him efore the surgery. A lady came into the room and told me that I took too long coming up with the money, and they had surrendered him to the humane society. I grabbed the bitch by her shoulders and shook her, screaming and crying. I almost got arrested haha. Luckily, I made it down to the humane society before they put him down. I found a vet outside of town who would set the bone for $1000. He was away from me for almost 2 months. They had to rebreak his elbow and put a pin in. He healed really well, and I got my money back from the first vet. I almost sued them. I was absolutely furious that they gave him away without telling me, AND they took my money before they told me he wasn't even there. Pieces of shit. In total, I spent about $2000 on him. It was the worst time ever. I really hope there's nothing seriously wrong with her, and you get her back ASAP. My cats are my kids, and I would do anything for them. You sound the same way. Take care <3
Ovarian tumor (getting removed!)
Possible multiple sclerosis diagnosis

Remicade (With Benadryl)
Imuran
Tylenol 4
Zofran/Maxeran/Gravol
Baclofen
Nexium
Seroquel
05-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #308
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
I keep trying to reply to this thread and it's telling me my session has timed out. 3rd time is a charm??

Aha! It worked. Okay, time to type this all out again.

Samantha - Thank you for sharing your story. Glad Bean ended up being alright in the end. I would have reacted the same way you did. I hope the doctors at that animal ER get fired or go out of business. No one should have to deal with that!
05-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #309
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Update on Chloe:

Still not eating on her own, though she was perkier today than she has been. No vomiting for the past 2 days though it could be due to the antibiotics working or the fact that she hasn't eaten anything. They're giving her an appetite stimulant today and will watch to see if it works and if she can keep the food down. Hopefully it does and we can bring her home tomorrow! If not, further testing may have to be done. All 3 vets that have gone over Chloe's case don't seem to be convinced this is due to any obstruction/blockage, but I guess a barium test would be the next step if she still refuses to eat and/or keep food down. But hopefully as I type this, she is eating and not vomiting Our home isn't the same without her!
05-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #310
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Marisa, that's great news, I hope Chloe can get to go home tomorrow!
05-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #311
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
CHLOE IS HOME!!!

The vet called this morning and said she still didn't eat last night after giving her the appetite stimulant. So, this morning they gave her a different kind and she ate!! So, they said she was ready to go back home and we just brought her home. She is still very weak, but super chatty (might be from the medicine too). But she actually ate a whole serving of her dry food! Hallelujah! She even used the litter box and wandered around the house a bit. Now she's sleeping soundly on the bed next to me. So happy to have my kitty home! And it was only a little over $500 for the hospitalization, which is less than what we were imagining if she was going to need more testing. So, hopefully she's over the hump and will just get better and better now. Thanks everyone for listening to all my updates. Time to invest in some pet insurance now!
05-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #312
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Yay Marisa! Yay Chloe! So happy to hear that she's home and on the mend and that it didn't break the bank either. This makes me want to look into pet insurance - I wonder if they cover hedgehogs or just "mainstream" pets like dogs & cats? I'll have to look into that...
05-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #313
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
We're pretty sure we're going to go with trupanion insurance (trupanion.com). I'm pretty sure it is only for cats and dogs, but you could check it out to compare prices for other insurance plans, if you want. I've heard a lot of negative reviews about ASPCA and VPI pet insurance. I think they are run by the same company.
05-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #314
tiloah

My Support Groups:
My mini vent for the day - decided to go out to a nice dinner tonight. I figure if eating is going to hurt so much, it might as well be worth my while. Then halfway through I get hit with that tidal wave of intense pain/nausea that won't go away until I vomit. BLARGH. Can't wait 'til I can eat without pain.
06-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #315
nannajcraw

Mini-Vent:

I am sick of people complaining in their Facebook statuses: "I hate my life! Why did it have to rain today!" or "I locked my keys in the car. What a way to start a day!" I don't want to undermine anyone's problems, but when people flip over the littlest thing, it really gets to me.
what gets me on fb is the friends who were not there for me through my 2year rough road but acted as though they cared lol complaining about crap or god i have to do this or that i just wish for one day they could feel and expierience all our pain mental pains e verything in just one day see what they complain about then!!!
06-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #316
lulu2

My Support Groups:
SO glad your kitty is home dreamintwighlight!! Hope she continues to get well!!!!

xxxx

Currently LOVING my job!!
Currently NOT loving my crohns!!

26 yrs old.
Currently taking: prednisolone 30mg/day, Azathioprine 25mg/day then 50mg in 2 weeks (well actually I've temporarily wimped out of this) 8g pentasa a day, folic acid and various cardiac meds.

Any advice I give must never ever ever replace the advice from your own doctor and care givers. They know far better than I do!
06-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #317
Mj11jM

Delete

Last edited by Mj11jM; 10-01-2014 at 04:06 AM.
06-03-2011, 02:14 AM   #318
tiloah

My Support Groups:
Argh I hate that! One time my blood was coming out really slow and they almost didn't get enough after multiple pokes. Then when they tried to run the tests the blood clotted because the vein had just been too small and that's why it was coming out slowly. Grr! Whenever I see PIMA scrubs I know to get out of there!
06-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #319
Mj11jM

Delete

Last edited by Mj11jM; 10-01-2014 at 04:05 AM.
06-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #320
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Couldn't go running today like we had planned. The sole of one of my shoes was starting to flop off (they're pretty old shoes), so we tried super gluing it back on temporarily. But, not even 5 minutes out the door the sole flopped off again. So, tomorrow we're going to the running store and hopefully will have some new shoes to run in!
06-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #321
25times

Mini-vent for the day:
Today is the underwear affair (5k walk in your underwear/costume after raising a bunch of money for below the belt cancers.)
I have my costume all ready. My team is called the league of extraordinary vaginas, so we did a play on the word "league" so were dressing up like different kinds of sports. I'm basketball, my two friends are rugby and hockey, and our team leader is a referee. Our costumes look really good, and instead of pants of shorts were wearing panties. I'm really excited for it, but it's raining, and looks a little chilly out. Not a big deal, but still. Also, I'm not feeling very well today, but I still have to do it. I'm worried about passing out or pain in my joints and stomach. My doctor wanted to get a wheelchair for it, but I can't afford to rent one right now. I mean, I can, but I have other things I need to spend that money on. Like prescriptions.
Then I got invited to 3 parties tonight. The underwear affair after party, which I would really like to go to. One of my best friends house warming party, which I really wanna go to as well. I haven't seen any of my friends in months, and I really wanna see everyone. And then I got invited to a very good family friends birthday. I haven't seen them in a while either, and I'm kind of expected to be there. They're all located rather far from each other, so I'm not sure if I can make it all of them. I'm thinking of doing the underwear affair first (be there at 3, walk at 6, done by 8?) stopping by the birthday party for an hour, then heading to my friends party for the rest of night. complicated!
06-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #322
Dexky
To save time...Ask Dusty!

My Support Groups:
Shit Sam!! That wears me out just reading it!! Good luck!!

EJ dx w/ Crohn's 12/09
PSC 3/10

No more 6mp
Currently in the Humira Club
06-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #323
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Haha, I was thinking the same thing, Mark! Sounds like a lot of fun though Hope you get to go to everything you want without wearing yourself out too much!
06-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #324
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Hope the party merry-go round gets figured out lol....umm...will there be any pictures of the costumes???

@Marisa - glad to hear kitty is home.....also - DUCT TAPE!!!!!...wrap that around the shoe/sneaker until you get new ones...may not look pretty but should work! lol

hmm...mini-vent for today.....you know, I really don't have one!.....spent the day at a flea market, belly behaved (only had to pee 1 time too!)....and made about $175- after expenses!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
06-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #325
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Lisa - Got new shoes today actually! They still need a bit of breaking in.
06-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #326
tiloah

My Support Groups:
hmm...mini-vent for today.....you know, I really don't have one!.....spent the day at a flea market, belly behaved (only had to pee 1 time too!)....and made about $175- after expenses!
Nice! It's good to have a nice day too. Maybe we should have a thread/add to this thread mini celebrations.

Today my mini vent is the heat. Hopefully we will be buying a portable AC unit soon. It's not really that hot out and it's 78 in the house right now, but that's enough for me. I'm used to mild and rainy weather and the summer just kills me.
06-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #327
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
My mini-vent today is that my sewing machine has decided to not do what I want it to do. It still seems to work fine, except for the button hole stitch. I cannot make it sew a button hole for the life of me! I even went online to the "troubleshooting" site for my particular machine, and I'm doing everything right, so it seems my machine is acting up. When I clicked the "contact us" link on the manufacturer's site, it said "we're sorry but this is unavailable". Argh! I just want to sew one buttonhole, and it seems I will have to do it manually. Which I can do, but I'm just frustrated - things should work like they're supposed to! I've sewed since I was a little girl, and when I was young I had an old machine that worked just fine and got me all the way through college before it finally petered out. Now I've got a newer machine and it doesn't work the way it's supposed to - makes me want to go buy an old machine that'll at least do button holes!

Diesanduhr, I know the feeling. Last summer we had no AC whatsoever and got by using only fans. It was miserable! So this year we broke the bank and spent over $2000 for central air conditioning. I have to say, it's lovely. But the cost was ridiculous! I hope the portable ones are much more affordable!
06-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #328
AndiGirl
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Scott's car is in the shop. The repairs are going to put us back $1,500. Sob!

Pentasa 2x500mg (4 times a day)
Zofran (as needed for nausea)
Ginger Capsules (for Nausea)
Multivitamin
Zoloft 150 mg
Ranitidine 150 mg (2 times a day)
Entocort 3 mg (3 capsules by mouth for 8 weeks, then tapering to 2 capsules for three months)
06-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #329
25times

I HATE CROHNS I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!
Sorry. I'm feeling VERY childish and immature today. Crohns just keeps fucking with me. Hospital visits, dr visits, bloodwork, more dr visits, calls to the dr, back to the hospital, better for about two days, sick as hell again for a week.
I'm soooooooo done with it. BUT YOU CAN'T BE DONE WITH IT. I keep crying because I have no money but I can't work. I need more pills, but can't purchase them. I'm SO nauseas, but nothing to get rid of it. I can't buy any food, gas, smokes (YES I STILL SMOKE) anything. I can't do it anymore. I hate being on narcotics but the ONLY way I feel even remotely good is if I take them. What's gonna happen when they won't give me any more?!
These stupid meds aren't working, my dr wants me back in the stupid hospital with all the contagious, crazy, stinky old fuckers staring at me when I hobble to the bathroom for the 19th time that day.
I don't need to be in there. I've been much, MUCH sicker before and not been in the hospital. Just find a medication that woooooorks!!!! And let it be cheeeeaaaaap!! And let me get better! Now!

Oh and P.S. OUCH! Did the underwear affair on saturday. I literally can't walk. Like, at all. It usually takes me about ten seconds to get to the bathroom. It's taking me about 30-40 now. I've tried bengay, stretching, painkillers, boyfriend massaged me.. Nothing. OMG. One plus from the situation, besides that it was really fun, Calgary raised $855,000 for cancers below the waist. OH! AND! There was this one girl there, in costume. Her shirt said Captain Awes(t)ome(y). She got on stage and explained her costume (I already knew) and she showed everyone her ostomy! I almost cried. I cheered so hard for her.
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #330
dreamintwilight

My Support Groups:
Andi - Yikes! We had to deal with that sort of situation earlier this year. Actually both of our cars around the same time. And currently we're out one car because my husband's car is having a problem with overheating and we don't have the money to get it checked out! I wish cars didn't have to be so expensive!

Samantha - Oh no! Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Is your doctor open to trying other medications like maybe one of the biologics? If not, have you thought about getting a 2nd opinion from another doctor? Hang in there!