Share Facebook

10-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Zac with no K

My Support Groups:
Patient Heal Thyself - ???

Have you heard of the company "Garden of Life" or the diet: the "Makers Diet?" I'm curious if this works.. or helps at all.

My dad's coworker gave him [I]Patient Heal Thyself[I] for me to read. It's written by Jordan S. Rubin.

Jordan suffered from very severe Crohn's Colitis and this book talks about the diet he used after all his medications failed him.

The diet may be kind of strange. It consists of microorganisms from soil and also all kinds of organic(ACTUALLY organic) foods. Grass fed meats, herbal stuff.

It seems like some or most of these foods would be trigger foods?

He started a company called "Garden of Life" and also started a diet called the "Makers Diet"

Is anyone familiar with this book or his diet plan? I really want to know how it works out.
10-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Del

I personally have not heard of it...Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis (MAP) is been investigated for links to Crohns Disease. It is found to be in the soil.
So not to sure to be honest Zac.....
But I am not familiar with this diet
10-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Zac with no K

My Support Groups:
I personally have not heard of it...Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis (MAP) is been investigated for links to Crohns Disease. It is found to be in the soil.
So not to sure to be honest Zac.....
But I am not familiar with this diet
Thanks for the reply. When you say links to Crohn's Disease, do you mean it could be a cause for Crohn's?
10-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
outlier

My Support Groups:
i don't trust any of these diets.

when i first got GERD all sorts of told me to things told me to go on a fruit juice fast and all i could think of was are they trying to kill me, maybe the only thing more painfull would be only eating fried food. i don't care how much they swear Fructose totally different the other sugars it still has ctose as a suffixs not so not so difference.

I can rant for a while have grown up eating organic (i even ate carob instead of chocolate), home made, and balanced.

if you know it will make you flare or make you sick don't do it.
No more sulfasalazine, Methotrexate, Xibrom, Pred Forte and Iron
10-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Del

Zac
When you say links to Crohn's Disease, do you mean it could be a cause for Crohn's?
It could be but it needs more research to get evidence for yeah or neigh!!!
There are a few threads on this forum with more information about it Zac..
Take care..
10-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Emily

My Support Groups:
Jordan Rubin's everything is a scam. Always check quackwatch.com before doing someone's special diet or supplements etc. People often try to profit off of desperate patients and Jordan Rubin is just ONE example of this. There are so many of these scam diets and supplements promoting "all natural COMPLETE and TOTAL healing" and it's for the most part crap.
http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/rubin.html
  • Total colectomy with ileostomy at age 23
infliximab & azathioprine
10-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Del

Good catch emr.....
09-28-2016, 04:07 AM   #8
albecca

Good catch emr.....
before you disregard or consider any option you might want to check the credability of the authors of the work as well as that of the critics.