Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » You Are Not A Burden!!!

02-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #31
AndiGirl
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I wanted to humbly say, "Thank you." Your post means a lot and was one of the nicest things that was said to me lately.

Pentasa 2x500mg (4 times a day)
Zofran (as needed for nausea)
Ginger Capsules (for Nausea)
Multivitamin
Zoloft 150 mg
Ranitidine 150 mg (2 times a day)
Entocort 3 mg (3 capsules by mouth for 8 weeks, then tapering to 2 capsules for three months)
02-20-2011, 01:28 AM   #32
Tan

Thanks Dusty for your wonderful post it meant a lot and made me feel less of a burden on my hubby, family and friends. I had tears reading it as I have been struggling with similar thoughts and in one post you have made me feel so much better.

My hubby is always telling me this but I still feel bad that he ended up with a dud wife as he didn't choose this life as I got sick 3 months after our wedding! I appreciate him being there for me and the best husband I could ask for dealing with me having crohns plus arthritis.
02-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #33
Welsh-bird

My Support Groups:
Hi Dusty,
so nice to be reading this right now. It's just how I feel..a bloody nuisance to family and friends. Back in hospital and feel sorry for them that are again putting a temp halt to their lives to come back and forth here to see me. I know it's not my fault for having this disease, but they didn't ask for it either!
Thanks for bumping this back up- missed it 1st time around.

Diagnosed UC 1999, Re Dx'd CD April 2011, Gastritis Dec 2010.
Resection Jan 2011, Total Colectomy 18.03.2011
Hoping to get a break sometime soon......
02-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #34
Mary

Thank you Dusty,

I am going thru a really rough time right now. Lots of anxiety and my husband
(who never get sick) has not been the greatest. We have alot going on in other areas too. But thanks again

Mary

Diagnosed 10/2010 Mild Crohn's
01/2011 Severe Crohn's with fistula

Meds I was on-
Imuran

Current meds-
Pentasa
Humira 3/11
02-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #35
tannersmom

So well said Dusty!!!
02-25-2011, 04:51 AM   #36
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Thanks guys.

I am in awe of your ability to rise above adversity and deal with this disease day in and day out. The spoken word doesn't seem sufficient to express that feeling but if what I, and Silver, have written has conveyed even half of what is felt then perhaps I have done something approaching a half decent job!

Dusty.
08-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #37
Jessi

My Support Groups:
I really just wanted to bump this back to the top, because it's so beautiful. Thanks again, DustyKat! What a loving and compassionate person you are!

Dx'd with Psoriasis in 1993
Dx'd with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2004
Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis on May 18, 2011

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anon.
12-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #38
DougUte

My Support Groups:
I have always known Dusty is AWESOME. Jessi, you are AWESOME too. I know my wife Sandy has needed this because of her seizures and crap lately. I have needed it too. Jessi thanks for sending the link to us.

Crohns Medicines:
Started Humira June 22nd, 2011
Increased to weekly injections on November 1st, 2016
Due to the insurance company, Humira ended on January 31, 2017.
Started Entyvio February 9th, 2017
Loperamide 3 capsules twice a day
Vitamin B6, B12, Folic Acid
Vitamin D3 10000 I.U.
Nature Made Multivitamin
12-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #39
Soybean

My Support Groups:
Thank you for this Dusty. Reading it allowed me to cry, which I've been needing to do for weeks but for whatever reason, haven't been able to.

xx
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #40
Jessi

My Support Groups:
We're all just here for each other! I believe that's what this life on Earth is all about. Share love with others and help to lift them back to their feet again.

My husband recently confessed that he LOVES taking care of me. Truth be told... I LOVE taking care of him, too.

And Doug... you LOVE taking care of your sweet Sandy just the way she LOVES taking care of you.

You are not a burden. Make sure she knows that she's not a burden either.
12-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #41
tamesis

What a beautiful post, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I often feel like a burden when i'm ill....I feel like I should cope better than I do, but my husband is always so great about it.
12-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #42
Jessi

My Support Groups:
Why hasn't this thread been Stickied?
12-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #43
Soybean

My Support Groups:
Why hasn't this thread been Stickied?
I second this
12-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #44
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Done.

Dusty. xxx
12-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #45
xX_LittleMissValentine_Xx

My Support Groups:
This is lovely!
My mum is the one who helps me out the most through all this... I know I'm not a burden to her coz she is the one who wanted me! You wanted this mum? This is what you get! :P
Infliximab

Past:
Pentasa
Prednisolone
Azathioprine

My blog: http://hollysbloggyness.blogspot.com/
01-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #46
brieyourbest
Cimzia Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thank you so much for posting this. I am literally crying right now because I seriously feel like a burden to my family.

Well I was going to put this in the "If you could offer ONE piece of advice to a Crohn's sufferer" thread but I don't think it fits there (((shrug))).

If you are fortunate enough, and I only say that 'cause I know some of you on here aren't supported by your family , to have loved ones that care about you please know that you are not a burden to us. We do what we do for you because we love you more than life itself.

We understand your struggles and are there with you.

We wish we could take the pain away and when we can't we are there to hold your hand, cuddle and soothe you.

We are there to cry with you and for you.

We are there to clean up after you.

We are there when you have to endure difficult diets.

We are there when you are admitted for long and frightening hospital stays.

We are there to support and advocate for you when you go to see your doctors and have tests.

We are there to remind you to take your tablets.

We are there to listen when this bloody disease is too much to bear.

We are there to fight for you when all hope is gone.

We wish more than anything in the world that you didn't have this disease.

We rejoice with you when you are in remission and times are good.

.............................. and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Dusty.
2 Corinthians 5:13 NLT
If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit.

Crohnie since 4/19/11

Laproscopic Ileotic Resection 11/23/11

Drugs:
I stopped taking everything. I'm a little fed up.

Visit My Crohn's Blog

YouTube: The Uncommon Flower
01-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #47
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
How sweet Many of you have said it true. Those of who have spouses, friends or family to stick with us are extremly blessed! This has become a special place to be apart of! Thank you
Lisa

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
01-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #48
Slam1978

AMAZING! Thanks, this had been my personal struggle. I usually do it all and am a strong woman. lately I have felt like a burden. I am in tears, that was awesome.
01-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #49
wolfem

Wow. Very nicely stated This helps me a lot because I often feel like a burden when nobody understands what I have to deal with. This forum has helped me tremendously.
03-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #50
tots

My Support Groups:
I couldnt have read this at a better time! I know I can be a bummer to my husband- some nights we have had to cancel plans- my lack of being able to cook with pepper can be a drag- but, right now as these cramps work their "magic" on me and I know whats to come I really dont care! I dont do this to upset him or disapoint him. I try and hang tough- I spent 8 days in the hospital gagging and barfing my way though golytley (sp?) and barium- bleeding, cramping a new IV site everyday! Ugh. I went back to work the day after I got out of the hospital because we need the $$$. So tonight I will take care of myself and stay out of his way and NOT CARE he got pissy I didnt want to go to church with him in the morning! My nights already a little rough and I have to go to work in the morning!!

Thank you for allowing me to vent!

As you know this can be a lonley disease!
03-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #51
DustyKat
Super Moderator

tots! We are all here for you.

Dusty.
03-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #52
DougUte

My Support Groups:
Toys, take care of yourself.You can vent here anytime.
04-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #53
ruthyp

Thank you for writing this. My sister is constantly telling me the same thing, however i thought "shes my sister, she has to say this to me", but now that someone else has said it, im starting to think she means it. so thank you, this brought me to tears, mainly because of the relief i felt from it. xx

CD diagnosed '08 however GI recon iv had it since birth.
------------------------------------------
Prednisolone 40mg daily
Mercaptopurine 30mg daily
Tramadol (as much as i can somedays)
04-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #54
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Hey ruthyp...

I am so glad you found comfort in this. I reckon if your sister is telling you these things then she loves you dearly and truly means every word of it.

Dusty.
04-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #55
elleno85

Gosh I can't tell you how much this thread helped me. I just joined the website, and I can't wait to learn more, support you all, and share my own story! thank you all for the love.
04-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #56
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard Ellen!

Dusty. xxx
04-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #57
Kendra

My Support Groups:
Hi my name is Kendra, ive been dealing with Chrohns since the age of 17, im 37 now. Had scar tissue removed, part of my Colon removed, & lots of Polyps.I went into remission for about 3 yrs, but all the stress of going thru a Divorce has brought it back full force. black & yellow watery stools, sry to be so blunt. I fell out of bed the other night trying to get to the bathroom, my husband picked me up off the floor ...i messed myself & God was I embarrassed. I dnt think he can handle being with me because i`m sick. I have no ins cant get disability & we are in debt a LOT. Just wish i could get some help of some kind to pay for some of my Dr. bills. If we Divorce he wants me to pay him back...isnt that some sh*** hi I just read what you wrote & thank you. I cant believe there are so many people who are willing to listen, & offer advice
04-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #58
Kendra

My Support Groups:
you have made me feel so much better, i may not know you, also i have no personal friends, just alone with my thoughts, but now i feel like I have a family. Thank you for that.
04-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #59
PlutoCronie

Although our life situations are not the same, we are in effectively similar circumstances. Feeling and being alone when you are sick and not having emotional and financial security is horrible. However, whenever life brings me down paths that seem dark and unpredictable, I always end up meeting people who serve as "guardian angels" in some way, and that is occurring now for me. They show up in the most unusual places sometimes, and under the most unusual circumstances. I do pray a lot and ask for help from the "great beyond". I am also good at asking for help from available resources. But much of my strength to do this comes from a higher source, I know. Being forced to advocate for yourself when you are riddled with pain, fear and uncertainty is one of the hardest things to do, but I have had to do it many times in my life, and now CD has put me on the same path again. I can tell you that its the people we know who will listen with their hearts and give us the time and patience that we need who are really our friends. Sometimes strangers can be kinder and more caring than the people we would like to think are our true friends, but who aren't. It is times like these that are opportune to weed out the people in my immediate circles who act like they care, vs. those who really do. When a person is helpless, needy and somewhat dependent, as those of us with IBD sometimes are, the "rats" will always abandon ship, and the ones who are "true blue" will remain. Regardless, though, of how other people treat me, I have to take 100% responsibility for myself without being too hard on myself. I am only responsible for the effort, not the outcome. Blessings and you are all in my prayers.
05-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #60
sullivan777

Dusty,
That is absolutely gorgous and you have brought tears to my eyes and brightened my day. I will copy what you wrote and read it when and feel low.
Sullivan777

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » You Are Not A Burden!!!