Share Facebook

02-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #61
flowergirl

i would totally do this. and it really makes sense, at least in my case. mine started only in my mouth during a round of antibiotics. then i started taking craploads of probiotics to counteract the antibiotics, and i think between the 2 it completely messed me up. i think the antibiotics wiped out all the good, and my gut just looked at the probiotics as "foreign". seems like if i could just get some normal repopulation down there it would probably do me some good. can't wait to hear about bree's(?) progress.
02-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #62
Bustersmom

My Support Groups:
Well, I'm still doing great!! One giant infected abcess is nearly gone. It's pea sized now! There's another one that was really infected with new fistula in rectal area and its getting smaller and much less painful. Blood is much less. The main difference i notice is how good I feel! I'm going to keep this up untill everything is healed. Then I'm going to do it 2 or 3 times a week. Not real sure how long I'll do it. I figure that the crohns is probably so deep in those fistulas and abcesses. It may take the good bacteria a while to get in there. Anyway, this is better than the alternative. I really feel my health returning again!!! Bree
02-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #63
crohnicaly stinky

Bree, are you doing this on your own or is your doctor doing the transplants? Who is the donor? Glad you are feeling better!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
02-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #64
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Okay, I'm so on board with this! I must find a local doctor that will do this. My husband will actually get a kick out of me asking for some of his s*#t!
02-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #65
David
Co-Founder

If I can't find a doctor I'm going to need a new blender and turkey baster.
02-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #66
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
If I can't find a doctor I'm going to need a new blender and turkey baster.
Ha! The visions now in my brain!
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #67
Bustersmom

My Support Groups:
I'm doing this totally on my own. My hubby of 30 years is the donor. It's a really good idea to get your potential doner tested for hepatitis c and other things. Tell your doctor your going to do this and he can help you with the tests. This is really dangerous like getting a blood transfusion. If there's something latent they have, you will have it too. My doner I've been married to 35 years so I'm pretty sure we have all the same diseases now. Anyway, with all that said, i use the larger size fleet enema kit , I pour out the laxative contents and make my own saline. It's One quart water add one tablespoon salt and boil 10 minutes. I make a few quarts at a time and put it in an empty water bottle. I also use distilled water for now. I warm up the water I use so it's a little warm. Cold would cause cramps. After the procedure I lay still for I full hour, I do this every day at 11 AM. There's no way I could afford to get this done by a doctor every day. Although doing some of these by way of a colonoscope would work best. I am desperate right now and so far it's paying off. Too soon to know for sure what the outcome will be. I'm cautious about getting overly optimistic. I think the way things are going, I'll be healed up in two weeks! Please message me if you want. Bree
02-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #68
MADiMarc

My Support Groups:
Bree, I am so hopeful for you! No, I agree having a doctor do this everyday would be foolishly expensive. Like you, I have been married for many years (27). Yeah, Joe and I would have all the same disease by now also!

I am going to speak with my doctor. I figure I've tried just about everything else short of surgery. I will message you to get specifics (you don't have to answer, I know it's personal) after I speak with my doc. I guess I need to ask my hubby nicely to participate first though!
02-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #69
Bustersmom

My Support Groups:
I told my husband he's helping to maybe cure me. Hes so incredibly healthy. I hope I can get some of that health for myself. Hey another thing I forgot to mention. Don't drink city water. Buy spring water. You won't want chlorine killing off any good bacteria your growing. Please message me any time. Nothing's too personal. Maybe we can help each other and maybe even get more doctors to take notice if this works. Bree
02-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #70
Bustersmom

My Support Groups:
Ok, been well over a month now. Down to every other day right now I'm doing Fantastic!! Abcesses healed. They itched like crazy for a while. Now the sore lumps are completely healed! No pain whatsoever. Energy is back!!! I'm not even thinking about a colostomy now! This needs to be researched! I was a total mess and have the MRI to prove it. I'm so hopeful about this!!!! Bree
02-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #71
David
Co-Founder

WOW! That's absolutely amazing. I'm so happy for you

Do you know specifically where your Crohn's is located? Is it just in the colon or do you have disease activity in the ileum/terminal ileum as well?

Have you been back to a doctor recently or plan to go to one soon for a checkup and to see what they think?
02-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #72
Terriernut

My Support Groups:

I hope you do plan on being checked out again as David says. Personally, I'd like to see their faces if you can present them with a crohns free (or as close as possible) colonoscopy.
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
02-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #73
Bustersmom

My Support Groups:
When I was first diagnosed with Crohns it was in the Ileum also. It was all the way in my mouth! When I flare it goes everywhere. It was much worse in the lower bowel area. Ive had fissures, abcesses, and have had fistulas for years. Had a failed surgery. I don't know why my doctor thought fixing my rect/vag fistula was a good idea. It came right back. I'm going back to my doctor for a colonoscopy soon. Probably in a few weeks. Of coarse I'm dreading that prep!! I wanted to get as well as possible before I go. He's going to be Amazed! Bree
02-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #74
Miss Underestimated

Fantastic! Here's hoping you make history!! Someone will be figuring out how to market shit!!
*Jan 2012-present, Humira. No symptoms, but scopes indicated disease.
*6MP for all of 2013.
*2014 &2015 complete mucosal healing.

**Staying on Humira for maintenance**

The statistics I see so far for my situation seem pretty good. There ARE long term statistics for the Anti-TNF drug treatments now. I'm here to make them longER.
02-29-2012, 03:41 AM   #75
Igor_Passau
Forum Monitor

Instruction:

http://webfile.ru/5793304

Last edited by David; 02-29-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: removed one link that was impossible to understand unless you know russian ;)
03-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #76
SignorSteve

Hi Bree,
So glad your doing so well with this treatment.
I saw an article this week on the subject and thought I'd see if anyone on here had tried it and BAM! there you are.
I myself have crohns and suffer from bleeding everyday, sometimes really badly.
Im wondering...what kind of diet have you been on while doing this?

Thanks
Steve
03-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #77
Jobell

I am a little stupefied. Can't decide if this is a brilliant, natural new treatment option, or the grossest thing I have ever imagined. And I have seen lots of gross in my life.
Got to thank everyone who posted on this thread initially; I haven't laughed so hard in weeks!!! Literally laughed so loud my kids wondered what was wrong with me. (well, my teenagers always wonder that anyway).
03-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #78
Bustersmom

My Support Groups:
Yes, it is the grossest thing. LOL!! I have to agree! I have a system worked out where it's not bad at all. It wasn't perfect at first. It was trial and error. A little messy... But this disease is pretty messy too! So the cure might be messy. And I look at it as "real" probiotics. I've been dealing with other worst issues for years. Most of you know how much suffering is involved. But this is healing me up! Im about 75% healed now. Still have a very small lump that was a huge abcesses, the other one is completely gone! . Draining has stopped. It's Awesome! I wake up every day feeling great, with so much energy! I've started walking on the treadmill every day again! I just want to see about joining a study or something really useful. Instead of just helping myself. Bree
03-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #79
Bustersmom

My Support Groups:
I'm not really on any special diet. Im not eating any junk food. I'm juicing organic vegetables like carrots & kale, beets. Tastes awful to me but it's really healthy. I'm steaming vegetables. Not drinking anything but spring water. I think that's important if your trying to rebuild your good bacteria not to drink Chlorinated water. Bree
03-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #80
SignorSteve

Inspiring stuff Bree, really glad you're taking to it well.
Good thinking re the water. Think I'll buy spring water asap.
I dont suppose you have/will be posting about the process in full?
I'd love to know every step you've taken as you seem to have started in a similar position to what Im in now.

Steve
03-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #81
doctor's mom

The doctor told her that she would need someones fecal matter who lived in the house with her....she looked at her husband she said and his response was:

What I thought you said this morning you were not going to take any more of my Sh*t!!!
She had a lot of us laughing!! She did say she is willing to try anything to get that reversal and make it successful even if it meant having this done.
that made my day!
03-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #82
doctor's mom

How about shit banks? why not to make a fecal suppositories? AstraZeneca can help...
03-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #83
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Theres certainly enough 'bull' around for that kinda bank!
03-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #84
Miss Underestimated

Hahahaha!!
06-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #85
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I just had to share this - one of the local hospitals in my city just started offering fecal transplants! Here's the article:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...a4bcf887a.html

There are 3 hospitals here, and unfortunately this is one that isn't covered by my insurance, but nonetheless it's still exciting stuff that it's happening locally. I haven't had c diff myself (knock on wood) but from this article, it sounds like this is a really promising c diff treatment.
06-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #86
kiny

The thing I don't quite understand about these methods is that in essence, doing antibiotics which tends to kill off a whole bunch of bacteria, both good and bad, and then adding probiotics, should essentially provide something similar to this. Maybe this method is easier, faster, cheaper? Not sure, but this looks a lot like what doctors have been doing for a while, you give a patient antibiotics which tends to disrupt the gut flora (some antibiotics do this better than others, augmentin does this very well for example) and then you use probiotics right after.
06-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #87
BBACK12

The thing I don't quite understand about these methods is that in essence, doing antibiotics which tends to kill off a whole bunch of bacteria, both good and bad, and then adding probiotics, should essentially provide something similar to this. Maybe this method is easier, faster, cheaper? Not sure, but this looks a lot like what doctors have been doing for a while, you give a patient antibiotics which tends to disrupt the gut flora (some antibiotics do this better than others, augmentin does this very well for example) and then you use probiotics right after.
Kiny, I see what you're saying. For some, the probiotics isn't enough. I've had c-diff on and off for three years, and I'm actually considering the fecal transplant myself because some studies have shown it has a greater benefit to those whose bacteria gets completely wiped out over and over. This does sound gross, but when someone is desperate they'll do it. I got my c-diff from Amoxcillin, never ever again do I want to take antibiotics!!!
08-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #88
pungineer

I should clarify that I don't have Crohns, but my son (and brother in law and nephew) does.

I followed this thread and am anxious to try fmt, but no one has posted for a while and would really like to know how Bustersmom is doing and if anyone else has tried FMT for Crohns.
08-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #89
Igor_Passau
Forum Monitor

if you have CD this will not help. I found two Russian they have CD and done this procedure at home. Negative effect!!! in russian (http://kronportal.ru/forum/showthrea...F2%E0%F6%E8%FF)
08-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #90
Igor_Passau
Forum Monitor

but for other cases this work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDcia...eature=related