Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD and Paleo Diets » Specific Carbohydrate Diet Support

03-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #61
Gstar

Hi Myreinhard,

Very cute girl! I cannot relate to your situation but I can only imagine how difficult and frustrating it can be at times. Having a child diagnosed with IBD, you must be really strong yourself as well as your child. Peer pressure alone even when your normal at young age is brutal and I can imagine trying to instill a new diet on your lil' one.. My strongest best wishes go out to the both of you.. And I know you both can do it! Good luck!

I strongly recommend checking out the website:
http://www.pecanbread.com/

It is strictly related for young ones utilizing the SCD diet and perhaps through the forums there you can connect with similar parents in similar situations. + I'm sure they must have recipes geared towards the lil' ones even though I haven't checked it out in great detail.

When you purchase the yogurt maker, definitely get one with individual glass bottles. Easier for sterilization. I have also posted some of my own recipes through various threads here (almond muffins, puree of various veggies - its like 'baby food' in the end that I feel would help your child out greatly without buying a breadmaker. Protein is KEY for healing so TRY your best for your child to consume in every meal.

I wish you both all the best!
03-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #62
David
Co-Founder

Almond flour
03-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #63
QueenGothel

I was checking out the almond flour. I am really going to have to be tricky. The whole foods won't be hard. The protein will be moderate and the bread pasta situation will be impossible. I know the diet doesn't work if your not all in. I have to start slowly. Starting with the yogurt I think will be key. Packing up the $1000 of dollars worth of other diet plans is going to be hard. Idk if I can even get her to eat the yogurt. I just got her to finally like the Nutren Jrs. I still have to give her them bc she is so sick. Sicker than you can imagine. Suffering from rectal prolapse, diarrhea from miralax to keep the prolapse from worsening. I am a bit overwhelmed and wish I had cash to hire a cook to make all this food. I also have a 2 year old, in a nut shell so I am a crazy person. Her next step is maybe LDN if I can beg her GI to do it, or colectomy.

Gotta try the diet.

Thanks for the support.
03-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #64
Irishtarheel

My Support Groups:
Yes, you can get the almond meal/flour at Whole Foods, but there are two other options: The easiest thing would be to buy plain almonds wherever you want and grind them in a food processor until it's a course flour (if you grind too far it becomes almond butter--which isn't a waste, it's really yummy!), or you can also get the meal/flour at Trader Joe's (has very economical, healthy food). I made a quick check and it looks like there's one in Ann Arbor, which might be worth the trip to call ahead and have them put aside 6 (?) bags for you. If you like Trader Joe's, you will probably do a bunch of shopping while you're there that would make the trip worthwhile. You may have better luck finding one that's closer. Best wishes. You and your daughter are beautiful together!

IBS since my 20's; Crohns 2001 @ 41
Major Flare, ileo-cecal resection 2001
Diag. SIBO 2011; 3 SIBO flareups
Past Meds: Prednisone & Pentasa-allergic (2001),
Entocort (2009), Xifaxan-30 days (2011,12,13)
Current Meds: HRT mitigates my symptoms+
Low FODMAPs Diet, SCD yogurt & broth
Supp: Multivit.; Calcium w/ D/Mag.; B-12 sub-lingual; Nordic Nat'ls Ultimate Omega; Blood Builder Vegan Iron
Vitamin D-50,000IU 8 wks.,now 2,000IU
03-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #65
QueenGothel

Yes the whole foods store is on our way to UofM where Rowans GI is out of. Remicade infusions take time so i could go during the infusion so long as someone goes with me. Bummer there is not one closer. I might order online for now... It will cost me gas so might as well pay to have it shipped for I drive a lincoln town car and it really is a gas guzzler.

I am still reading the book but want to get started ASAP. Any suggestions as to things I will need to buy... Almond flour, spices, things I might forget that I have to have to make the yogurt and baked goods. Don't want to go all that way and forget something ya know. Thanks
03-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #66
Irishtarheel

My Support Groups:
Hi David, I saw your above post about milk and sinus reaction and just wanted to let you know that you are on the right track to associate changes that you see repeatedly in yourself with exposure to a food as something to be addressed, perhaps eliminated for a time, or permanently. I was told by a holistic doc and also a nutritionist that a sensitivity will become a full-blown allergy over time and that decades of "abuse" due to eating those foods, regardless, can lead to Celiac or Crohns and just overall, more serious types of intolerances and auto-immune responses. Our daughter always got sinus allergy symptoms when she had either milk or wheat: really stuffy nose and repeat sinus infections as a young child. That also took us to the whole grass-fed cows & milk thing, etc., and her grass allergies. Well, she felt much better after we eliminated them both. Just mild seasonal grass/spring allergy now, that doesn't require any intervention and no more sinus infections over the years. All 3 of our kids did not take well to milk when they started at 9-12 months old and I think since I worry that one day any of them may get IBD (my husband has Diverticulitis), I just teach them to listen to their bodies and not to eat things that don't leave them consistently feeling good. Two are away in college and are healthy and one is home in high school and doing well. I don't expect them to eat like saints, haha, but they are all on the right track, thank goodness. Best wishes.
03-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #67
QueenGothel

The legal/illegal list is pretty intimidating. Being I am functioning on no sleep and have a 4 and 2 year old fighting all the time. Ugh... Makes it hard to find time to read. Frustrated already and I haven't even started.
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #68
Irishtarheel

My Support Groups:
This will become a very personalized list for your daughter's needs and food sensitivities over time, and it will change now and then. I just want to tell you that you are doing a really great job!!! And your TLC with all of this will help in many ways.

To start easy, the SCD yogurt, avocados, bananas, cooked well or pureed veggies & chicken/turkey (you may want to add some parmesan or chedder cheese to those for better taste to a child if she likes it), scrambled eggs w/ cheese. If she can tolerate pineapple, the Dole cups in their own juice are good and taste nice with chicken, too. When I can tolerate it, I use skinny french green beans as my "pasta." I cook it nice and soft, chop it up, and add to it anything I used to eat with penne. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk is great, made by SILK, and others. As GStar said, the pecanbread website is absolutely awesome for IBD kids' health, tasty ideas and SCD diet. I go there a lot because it's so thorough.

I actually ripped out pages 53-60, Chapter 9, of the SCD book and take it with me everywhere in my handbag, so I always have the SCD list handy.

If the almond meal bothers your daughter in bread recipes at first, and she can handle eggs and pureed carrots alright, then I make quick mini muffins with one cup pureed carrot, one egg, tsp. of each cinnamon and honey. They are a cross between a souffle and a bread but they are a nice treat with a pat of butter when other things are not working out and one is craving a breadlike substance I will be trying to expand that mini recipe into a loaf pan. FYI, cinnamon is considered an anti-inflammatory, so if it doesn't bother her, it can even help!

So, figure that for kids, the honey, cinnamon, and pure applesauce, pineapple, carrots, and pumpkin are handy for recipes and pleasant flavor. Baking soda vs. baking powder, hard cheeses like parmesan, cheddar...and wild canned salmon in water is good mixed with parmesan or the pineapple.

Here is a nice almond bread that's yummy when she's ready: mix 4 1/2 cups almond meal, 1 tsp. sea salt, 1 tsp. baking soda; separately mix 2 eggs + 3 egg whites, 3 TB. honey, 1 tsp. cider vinegar and 2-4 really ripe bananas (it works great with 2 if that's all you have), then mix dry ingred. w/ wet. 9X5 greased loaf pan, 350 degrees, 20-30 min. Make sure the center is springy, and cover the top with foil if it is drying out too much at any point.

Will be thinking of you...Hope this helps. Have to rush out the door
03-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #69
Irishtarheel

My Support Groups:
Last but not least, an almond milk smoothie with bananas (plus honey/cinn. if desired) can be a fun treat, too!
03-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #70
QueenGothel

Thanks but it is the specific things I can only order online or have to get from trader joes or whole foods that I cannot find at my local store I am worried about for the moment anyway. She loves waffles every morning. Lunch is usually pb sandwiches. Dinners are protein and veggies and noodles. Bummer on the noodles huh. Snacks are nutrition shakes, string cheese, I usually can only get eggs in her if they are disguised like cracked over hot noodles with pesto and veggies. ;(. This is gonna be a challenge.

Regarless if she can tolerate these things she is eating pizza and all crap food now so I am sure it will help. She cannot go on bland diet for she is malnurished and unfortunaltly I am going to have to keep feeding her the Nutren Jrs bc of all the muscle loss she has had. But am hoping after a month of this we can go 100% SCD.
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #71
Gstar

Myreinhard,

By no means are all above postings suggesting a 'bland diet'. They are the basis of great nutrition which the body can absorb! These whole foods which you are referring too do not cost thousands.. They are produce. It takes a GREAT deal of prep time but this is how people ate even at the turn of the century. Decisions always will be made to buy 'organic' vs grocery store bulk. Grocery store bulk is where the deals are at but you see this in lost quality. Saying this.. SCD DOES NOT state you must buy organic produce or livestock, you can get by on them just as well. Its a shame the western world forgets the fact - we use to prepare our foods each and every meal.

It sounds like you are at crossroads and you will decide the journey. I do say the journey looks like a mountain at first BUT when you see the results within the first 4 weeks.. The results will keep you motivated! I guarantee this!!

As before, I wish you all the best and there is no right or no wrong here. It is people helping each other who share a common similarity.. Your girl sounds pretty sick and really, what do you have to loose. God bless and good luck!
03-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #72
QueenGothel

Oh I know it is not a bland diet but she needs more than any diet can give her. This is what i meant. In the beginning I am doubting I will be able to do all the parts of the diet that is where I worry about getting the nutrition in. Cooking her fruit is going to be a struggle. She wants it all raw.

I am going to her PCP today hoping to get a referral to an allergist. Even though she has never shown an intolerance to anything particular, I want to eliminate things at the gate if need be. I am finding lots of links between ldnscience and this diet. Candida being an issue... The Brain scenario... Kinda interesting... I even found links between toxoplasma Gondii which ws my first second opinion through a homeopathic counselor using electrodermal screening. The schizophrenia link... her rectal prolapse issues. My brain is on overdrive, sorry haven't been sleeping and I digress often. Lol. To say it short, it has been a long journey.

My biggest hurdle is going to be patience. I have none. This is going to be a slow wean onto the diet. It will defiantly take me longer than one month to probably see results.

Thanks I will be back to ask questions here.
03-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #73
QueenGothel

Meal plan so far... Items I know she will eat.

Bananas
Salmon
Halibut
Chicken if covered in a sauce
Turkey meatballs
Frozen yogurt
Eggs if cooked in foods not visible (salad)
Almond bread (maybe)
Almond bread waffles ( maybe) need a topping

Still working on meal plans
03-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #74
Tantija

Hi everyone!

I started the diet in the beginning of December 2011. My CRP was 21 and I was pushed by doctors to start immunosuppression medication what I did not want to because of the side effects. After 3 weeks my CRP was <5 and still the same. It was a nice surprise!
Unfortunately I still could not tolerate any milk products except butter. I tried even 48 hours fermenting of goat milk yogurt but unfortunately it did not work also. So I have to make yogurt from the nut milk at the moment what I do myself from the grounded nuts. I do not want to eat much nut yogurt, just a table spoon of “soft cheese” made from this yogurt, as I bake bread from grounded nuts and eat nuts as a snack. I do not have diarrhoea most of the time. I am very much impressed as I had it for 14 years. I do still have it rare but probably because I not aware of the ingredients. For example I cannot eat sundried California raisins even it says that nothing is added so I believe it has something what I could not tolerate. I was dark chocolate addicted and surprisingly I do not miss chocolate so much but bread. All gluten-free bread has starch in it so it is not suitable for us. I cook “jam” from the apples, berries and honey to have something sweet. I did bake cookies from the nut flour in the beginning but now I only bake bread. I buy my nut flour from this company http://www.naturalchoice.co.uk/
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #75
Caldotis

Hey everyone- just wanted to check back in and let you know how I'm doing on day 13 with the SCD diet. I decided to try some almond flour and make some carrot 'cake' to eat at breakfast. It's not really cake, more like a carrot souffle (eggs, honey, almond flour and pureed carrots). But it really filled me up and satisfied my 'bread craving' in the mornings.

I'm still having some bleeding with my morning BM (which still seems to be a bit 'urgent' some days). But it's only been 13 days...so I'm not terribly worried.

I'm very proud of myself for strictly sticking to the diet...despite the fresh hot chocolate chip cookies a co-worker brought to a meeting yesterday. It actually wasn't that hard to resist. I kind of look at food like that as 'junk' now...as strange as that sounds.

One weird thing I have noticed- and maybe someone else has had a similar experience?- has anyone else following the SCD diet noticed that their sense of smell has become really heightened?? For example, the co-worker that brought the cookies to the meeting, I could tell what was in the box when she walked into the room. I could literally smell the sugar. It was as strong smelling to me as coffee or cigarette smoke! And it's not just sugar! I can smell everything much more than before.
03-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #76
Gstar

I believe the experiences you are seeing are common with folks on SCD.. The longer you are on the diet, its surreal what you see regarding sensory abilities (taste, smell).. I personally saw the biggest change in concentration. I was less agitated overall even in the most dire strait situations.. Hence.. That's why SCD is for life with me now, going back to processed foods on an normal basis is not even part of my gameplan for the rest of my days. Sure.. I indulge but its always in moderation.

On a separate note.. A big kudos for some local research scientists at the University of Calgary a few days back.. Finally understanding the breakdown of the gut cells in the IBD disease.. New treatments are heading our way folks that will no longer focus on 'controlling inflammation response' BUT picking away at the root cause - why the nervous system is attacking its own cells!! 200,000 folk in Canada now with diagnosed IBD, that's up from the 100K or so when I was diagnosed in 2008!! Geebus..
03-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #77
QueenGothel

Gave Rowan SDC pancakes with the almond flour. We cannot do the intro diet. Or should I say she won't do it and she is low on albumin right now so I am doing everything I can to get more protein in her.

Does the almond flour bother any of you?
03-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #78
Tantija

Hi!
I bake the bread from the mix of the pecan, almonds and hazelnuts flour. When I bake only from pecan it reminds me rye bread. When only from almond flour it looks more like cake not a bread.
03-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #79
Caldotis

"Does the almond flour bother any of you?"

It doesn't really bother me but it is really filling. It has loads of protein and fiber, so be cautious about portion size. If you ate 2 or 3 flour pancakes DON'T ASSUME that you should eat 2 or 3 almond flour pancakes! I made that mistake and completely stuffed myself!
03-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #80
Tantija

Hi!

I have purchased from Lucy’s Kitchen Shop 12 boxes of the SCD yogurt starter. The yogurt starter expiry date is June 2013 and I can see now that there is no way I can use all of these boxes. I paid for these 12 boxes £48.58 plus 13.80 customs fee. Is anybody interested to buy some of the boxes, please?

Thank you in advance!
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #81
Caldotis

I was invited to a business lunch today last minute. Being only 14 days into the SCD diet I was a bit worried. Thankfully we went to a buffet style lunch at a higher-class hotel restaurant (it had little signs indicating vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free choices). I was able to make a salad of fresh greens, carrots, peeled cucumber and use olive oil & red wine vinegar for dressing. They had a baked salmon (labeled gluten free) that I added to the salad. Yes, it could have had an illegal oil on it but it really didn't seem that it did. For dessert I had a big plate of fresh cut fruit (labeled gluten free- lol!) and a slice of havarti cheese.

The best part was that no one looked at my plate strangely and I didn't feel out of place eating what I wanted. The only noticeable difference was the lack of cake on my plate for dessert but besides the few "that's how you stay so thin" comments from some women it wasn't an issue.

Triumph!?!
03-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #82
Irishtarheel

My Support Groups:
That is so great! I am so happy for you. You are off and running...

That was a total success. It's always nice when eating healthy, delicious food does not make one feel like an outcast, haha. Have a terrific weekend! Best wishes.
03-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #83
QueenGothel

Myreinhard,

By no means are all above postings suggesting a 'bland diet'. They are the basis of great nutrition which the body can absorb! These whole foods which you are referring too do not cost thousands.. They are produce. It takes a GREAT deal of prep time but this is how people ate even at the turn of the century. Decisions always will be made to buy 'organic' vs grocery store bulk. Grocery store bulk is where the deals are at but you see this in lost quality. Saying this.. SCD DOES NOT state you must buy organic produce or livestock, you can get by on them just as well. Its a shame the western world forgets the fact - we use to prepare our foods each and every meal.

It sounds like you are at crossroads and you will decide the journey. I do say the journey looks like a mountain at first BUT when you see the results within the first 4 weeks.. The results will keep you motivated! I guarantee this!!

As before, I wish you all the best and there is no right or no wrong here. It is people helping each other who share a common similarity.. Your girl sounds pretty sick and really, what do you have to loose. God bless and good luck!
Whole foods is a store that sells organic foods. It is about a 45 minute drive. I just didn't want to miss anything vital in ingredients.
03-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #84
Irishtarheel

My Support Groups:
You definitely have your work cut out for you, trying to navigate this terrain with a young child while raising two young children on the usual "momsheimer's" sleep deprivation! I can totally sympathize and my hat's off to you for getting so organized and doing the best you can under these circumstances (trying to plan out your trip to TJ's or WF and make it very worthwhile). Since I'm on a combo of the SCD and low FODMAPS, tailored to my own tolerances, I think that Gstar is probably the resident expert here with SCD-specific shopping list from those stores. I thought that mainly pure honey, pure fruits packed in their own juices, nut flours, baking soda, nut milks, & SCD legal vanilla (which you may have to buy online from Lucy's Kitchen Shop), and pure canned tomatoes/fruits (in their own juices) were pretty much the stipulation. Here is a short link with good tips for baking for kids: http://pecanbread.com/p/how/foodprep.html

Since you will be understandably weaning into this diet to keep it moving in a positive direction, you may find that you have to ease into it by initially using rice pastas from WF and TJ's, and slowly cutting back from pasta by decreasing portions over time. One has to make allowances like this for small children given the difficulty of the realities with kids and food. At least that's a step in the right direction, as it's going to be less irritating than wheat products. Annie's Organic products has lots of friendly-shaped rice pasta choices on that front.

Good luck, and hang in there!
03-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #85
lacibug34

This sounds really promising. I want to be excited about it but I'm skeptical.... I've had Crohn's for 13 yrs now and am missing quite a bit of bowel, lol, so I'm sure that is part of my problem!

One thing I noticed is that a lot of the legal foods are foods I cannot eat. I can't eat any raw fruits or vegetables without being in intense pain. The same goes for nuts. Most of my go to foods that I know will never make me sick and I use as "safe" foods during active problems are on the illegal list. Is this because of the cycle? I noticed that David said he eats lots of meat, salads, and fruits..... I would be surviving on only meat, lol.

I'm also very busy. I know that sounds trivial when your health is on the line....but I'm a single mom with two boys in soccer and t-ball, a full time college student, and work 40 hrs a week. It is really hard for me to implement a diet that consists of cooking EVERYTHING. That being said, I am desperate to make a change. I want to get off humira immediately (I can't handle the side effects) and would love to get better control of the disease with diet instead of scary meds. I guess I'm trying to see if this would be a do-able option.....not trying to shoot it down.....how much time does it really take for the prep?

Current Meds:
Humira
Promethazine
Omeprazole

Tried: Pentasa, 6mp, Remicaide, Entocort, Bentyl, Prednisone, Immuran. I know there are more.... I think I've been on EVERYTHING!
03-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #86
Gstar

Hi Lacibug34,

Geebus.. These usernames that we all use make me smile.. Haha

In previous posts, I suggested 'steaming the allowed veggies' and then puree'ing them in a blender using a lil' of the same water from steaming process.. Your right, if you can't eat veggies, what can you do with this diet. I also posted earlier, a great almond muffin recipe which I grind down from raw almonds in a coffee grinder to come up with the 'flour'. These items are staples in every meal of mine (even for breakfast) where I switchup the proteins from red meat, chicken, fish, eggs, etc..

Give the diet a honest shot with my recommendations from above - I bet you will see a difference! Depending what areas of the large or small bowel you had removed, google food absorption to understand what sections of the small bowel absorb proteins, fats, and carbs.. Then plan out your food by what small bowel you do have for optimization.

I know the above response is intense BUT what do you got to lose? Its definitely worth a shot! Good Luck!
03-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #87
Tantija

Hi Lacibug34! I had this disease since 1997 and was diagnosed only in 2006 when part of my thin intestines was removed so I have only 195sm of it now. Of course it is time-consuming. It takes time to make nut milk, to make yogurt from the milk even longer, to bake bread and ect. I was quite spoiled for the last 3 years as we have free canteen at work with quite good cuisine but since I started the diet I bring my own lunch. I am not a big fun of cooked vegetables, so I have fresh salad and I put the chicken leg in the oven in the morning and it’s ready by the time I have to leave. I was cooking oatmeal porridge every morning before that but now I have scrambled eggs every morning instead ( I can not have fresh fruits in the morning). I have got used to them. I salt salmon myself to put on the sandwich with the nut bread. I cook “jam” from apples, berries and honey or bake apples to have something sweet.
But from my point of view it is worth it. My blood test is normal now and I do not hear funny noises from my belly every time when the food passes narrow places. And I have normal stool most of the time now comparing with 14 years of constant watery D.
To be honest I am surprised that no one doctor ever suggested me any diet. I could not blame our Lithuanian doctors as they do not so much familiar with these diseases but here?! It is a crime, honestly. Since I started the diet my blood test changed to normal in 3 (!) weeks.
I do understand you. Even 1 year ago I could not imagine myself voluntarily refusing dark chocolate, my lovely oatmeal, bread…But when you on a crossroad to use immunosuppressant medication or to have a try of this diet you have to choose. Maybe you are not ready yet but please do not wait until it’s too late.

Best of luck!
03-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #88
bomber

I personally have a form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease called, "Lymphocytic Colitis". In short, I have a ton of lymphocytes hanging out in my gut and it sucks. I've made a lot of lifestyle changes, tried various diets, and I'm doing better but I want to be in remission. As I've learned more about IBD and the digestive/immune systems, I've begun to ponder my condition (there's very little info about it out there). Here's my very simple thinking: I have a bunch of lymphocytes (white blood cells that go after viruses and bacteria). So my gut must have a bunch of those buggers and my body is trying to get rid of them. So let's help it out by starving them (the bad bacteria) of their primary energy source: carbohydrates.

I'm an emotional eater. If I get emotional I eat crap. Fast food, sugar, you name it. Food is my cigarettes or alcohol. I feel that some of this is due to a bacterial overgrowth that, when it starts to get starved, does everything it can to get me to eat the crap that they need. No more. NO MORE!

I've been on the diet for about 10 days now. The last few days I've begun to get emotional and have motivational issues. This thread is, in part, an exercise in overcoming that. I'm not surprised by the last few days, in fact, I'm kind of excited as I feel it means that I'm pissing off the little jerks I'm trying to starve out. I'm having INTENSE cravings. There was quite a battle as I checked out at Home Depot (chips and candy) and when I was at Whole Foods today, but I won! Out of curiosity, those of you on the SCD, how many of you have gone through an emotional/cravings phase? And how long did it last?
Hi, I have only been on the diet for a couple of months but I do still find it hard with the junk craving, expecially when my two young boys get one. However is getting better because I know that if I eat it I am going to be in alot of pain and end up on the toilet for the day. I also find it easier to bring with me some of my sweets with me and I snack on them. The candies nuts are very good and the monster cookies. I found both of these on the S.C.D. website. Hope it gets easier for you and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #89
QueenGothel

Rowan is scheduled for a colectomy on April 11thish. Going to try to do what i can to implement this diet ASAP. Don't know if it will stop the bleeding and get her to in remission before her appointment but we shall see.
03-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #90
Caldotis

Just a quick check-in 20 days into the SCD diet. Not to be too explicit but I'm back in solid poo territory!! HURRAY!!!

I've found some receipes online that are SCD legal but vegetarian so it's been wonderful to include one or two dinners per week without meat. After almost 10 years of eating very little meat and no dairy one of the hardest adjustments was all the meat eating with each meal.

I've also become a lot more efficient with my meal preparation, often making tomorrow's lunch while I'm making tonight's dinner. It's really saved time. I'm slowly begun lowering down my prednisone dosage, and I just hope that I don't flare.

My birthday is 3 days after my "30 day strict trial" that I vowed to give the SCD diet but yesterday I printed out a few SCD legal birthday cake recipes. I'm really hoping things continue to go well.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD and Paleo Diets » Specific Carbohydrate Diet Support