• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stomach hurts after eating

I have had a dull ache in my side for months now and my doctor says IBS. For the last three weeks now, I have been experiencing stomach pain after I eat. I do not burp and it doesn't feel like gas, it's just a dull ache. It's not sharp at all. This persists for about an hour or so after I eat and nothing I have taken over the counter has helped.

Now I have a dull ache in my left side and a dull ache when I eat and diarrhea once or twice a week. My doctor says it's just IBS. Could this be any sort of inflammatory bowel disease or should I accept my IBS diagnosis.

That is probably your descending colon. Do some belly rubs from right side (ascending colon), up over navel, down left side and down around navel back to your right side. Keep doing those as often as possible and it should help you. It will help get out any gas, air bubbles, help blood circulating, and help you heal. Good luck!