Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » SO very glad I have found you guys!

04-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
Leebie3

SO very glad I have found you guys!

pretty much anything I post on my facebook about my IBS or the possibility &/or testing for crohns I get people coming in and saying at least it's not cancer.. I'm sorry but why negate my feelings? I am sure there are some cancers that are worse than a chronic and painful condition and there are some that aren't but nobody's situation is any better or worse because it's what THEY are dealing with. grrrrrrrrrr rant over..

thanks you so much for being here and for understanding :-) I appreciate it!

edit: I DO have some other pretty AWESOME people though that are giving me all the support in the world and I am very lucky to have them as well :-) it's not all bad..
04-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
Robert747

I think Crohn's is a really difficult concept to grasp unless you have it or live with someone who does. People are generally understanding but you can't help having the feeling, as a group, we and our loved ones are on our own with this!

Keep smiling.
04-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Ya it may not be cancer but its not like being hospitalized, needing blood transfusions, taking meds that lower your immune system making you sick all the time or meds that physically destroy your body, constant nausea, vomiting, spending your life on the toilet, having sever abdominal pain, joint pain, random unexplained skin rashes etc etc etc are easier or fun in any way shape or form. Some people just need to stfu and go bang their head on a wall for a while instead of saying nonsense like that.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
04-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Leebie3

too true. thanks crabby :-)
04-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Adam1971
Forum Monitor

Some people just need to stfu and go bang their head on a wall for a while instead of saying nonsense like that.
I love it...so well put!!

dx Crohn's in TI March 2012

Surgery on Dec. 11th, 2012-Ileocolic resection

Remission since surgery- a true blessing

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » SO very glad I have found you guys!