Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » You Are Not A Burden!!!

06-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #61
CrohnsCHES

What lovely poems...it's nice to get the reassurance! And so rare to have such nice lines relate to struggles people with CD experience!!!

Thanks for sharing!
06-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #62
CharBarSprStar

This is exactly how I have felt since my last admittance to the hospital about a week ago...helpless, worthless, useless. My family, friends, and fiance are all great supports and give lots of love, but sometimes its hard not to feel completely alone. This makes me feel much better about whether or not I'm a huge burden on my family and especially my fiance. <3

Currently taking
: Omneprazole, Humira, Celexa, Flaxyl, Tramadol, Phenergan.

Past meds: Remicade, 6MP, Nexium, Protonix, Methotrexate.
06-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #63
Crohnswife

Glad i read this. I just got done telling my husband tonight he isnt a burden. Then i saw this, had to hold back tears reading it to him. i wish he would come on here to see others are going thru the same thing
07-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #64
teach28

Dusty Kat

I'm relatively new to this forum and I have been looking for something like this for a while. I have a great, supportive family. Unfortunately they are 900 miles away! I was lucky to be back home with them when I got really sick and had to have surgery!

No I'm back on my own and away from my family. It can be really hard and depressing being on my own and dealing with this. Reading your post brought a tear to my eye, but it made me feel good too. I'm so happy to have found this forum and I just wanted to thank you for that wonderful post!
10-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #65
furiousfunker
Forum Monitor

I haven't cried for a very long time.. But this has just made me cry my eyes out like a baby aha... My family are amazing, I only got diagnosed last week officially and they have been so strong for me, I know it's early days..

It's a shame not all 'friends' are the same
10-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #66
PlutoCronie

Thanks again for the lovely poem; it was good to reread it and realize how far I have come because of this site!

Alternative Healing Regimen:
High Alkaline Diet; Alkaline Water; Herbal teas, especially Kombucha and Detox, for nutrition and inflammation; weekly internal cleansing (coffee) and internal probiotics/anti-inflammatory supplements, esp, Glucosamine; naturopathic and holistic lifestyle approach; color and music Tx.
Was initially diagnosed by a Gastroenterologist, but
currently only under the care of a GP due to lack of medical insurance.
10-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #67
fromthegut

I am so tired of my family. They are more of a disease to me than my Crohns !!
10-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #68
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Oh my fromthegut......I am so sorry to hear that. How awful for you.

You are in my thoughts,
Dusty. xxx
11-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #69
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
just a friendly little bump for some "newbies"

This is so nice, and such a great support to let everyone here know they are not alone!

and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013
11-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #70
girl77

I love my guy more than anything in the world. He was diagnosed when he was young and it has been a constant burden on him. When he first told me, I was more sad than anything that I wasn't there for him from the beginning of the pain and suffering he has been through. It never occurred to me not to love him, support him, fight for him and be there for him forever. He is my soul mate, my best friend and the greatest love of my love. I will be there for him for everything with patience, understanding and nothing but pure love. I wrote this because I felt sad that others felt that they were a burden. It never occurred to me that he would ever be a burden. I love him with all of my heart, soul, mind and body until the day I die. So don't give up.
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #71
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
So sweet girl77 - he's a lucky guy to have such love and support ! ❤
Thanks for sharing that
11-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #72
DustyKat
Super Moderator

You are a very special lady girl77. You have a depth of warmth and compassion that is a joy to behold. Thank you so much for posting your thoughts and feelings.

I wish you both love, luck, laughter and well being!

Dusty. xxx
11-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #73
LondonSnow

On some level I worry each time I ask a new question if anybody's going to start catching on and go 'him again?'

All fixed.
12-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #74
Scaryman
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks for this sticky as it fits lots of people's individual situation.
Remicade- failed with infusion reaction.
Mesalamine-another failure
Entecourt - fail- no help.
currently on Methotrexate 25mg and Humira combo.
Folic Acid Supplement
Hyclosomine,Ultram,vicoden for pain as needed
Extended right Hemocolectomy 5/24/13 Univ.Of Chicago
11/7/13- small crohns ulcer at surgical site (active).
12-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #75
sanni

My Support Groups:
Just read this and I know Dusty has written this as a mom of children with crohns. I am sure my mom would agree with you 100%.

But from the "We are there to clean up after you" comes to mind when I was a child and still at home and had pains and was sick with strictures. I would puke all night sometimes and refuse to go to the ER. But every time I was sick and felt like I would puke my mom would go and clean the toilet for me first so that I didnt have to puke into a dirty toilet.
Meds: Humira and tons of nutrition supliments including B12 and D injections.
Hypokalemia (hypopotassemia) and hypomagnesemia.
My Story
01-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #76
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Bump :-)

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
03-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #77
sandi.m.50

I am wondering how you are dealing with your job and having these issues. I work for a huge telecommincations company that employes thousands. I am considered an FMLA issue, an though they can't fire me because of my Crohns issues, they are constantly monitoring me, pulling me in for meetings about my calls, and generally making a bad situation worse. The stress of this is taking its toll on me. I have had 10 surgeries in 3 years and missed a lot of work. I understand the company wanting me out, I would too. When do the doctors decide its time for long term disabilty? If I get fired, for whatever reason they decide, I will lose my insurance benefits. Stress, stress, stress...How do you cope with this??
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #78
nellie456

This actually has me i tears. Its so lovely and true. It just makes me realise how lucky i am to have my mum and dad ti help me through this
03-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #79
misunderstood

My Support Groups:
This is the first time in my life that I am going to be honest about the fact that my life revolves around bathrooms. I always did everything I could to hide who I was.

But in the last year, I missed two family funerals and I want to tell my family why I cannot do so many things.

I think this board will be a source of support at this time.
03-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #80
Scaryman
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
This is the first time in my life that I am going to be honest about the fact that my life revolves around bathrooms. I always did everything I could to hide who I was.

But in the last year, I missed two family funerals and I want to tell my family why I cannot do so many things.

I think this board will be a source of support at this time.
If you tell your family don't you think they'd be understanding and be helpful?
03-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #81
Geezy

Huge emotional boost, thank you
03-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #82
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
You never were a burden love~
at least not to me,
You were always there to lend a hand even when I pee'd.
You give of yourself with everything, even when you we're tired. You never stopped to think of you, even when you were wired!
You bathed me when I couldn't bend, you trimmed my nails so neatly. You asked me if there was anything else and you did it oh so sweetly. You brought me dinner when I was hungry and took my plate when I felt done. You even ran the dishwasher and that you'd never done! You washed all the laundry and put it away and even made the bed. You shopped for all the groceries even when you must've felt dread!
You gave it all for months on end and never left my side. Because of that and so much more~~~~
You'll always be my Bride!
Written for my husband when I had kidney cancer removed , he was my bride then. You know what I mean, all of you! He did it all and I will forever love and respect him and be there no matter what!
04-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #83
valleysangel92

My Support Groups:
Thankyou for such a lovely post .. I often feel like a bit of a burden, especially to my boyfriend, we got together just before I started getting really sick, we've only been together 7 months and in that time I've been admitted to hospital 5 times and have hardly left the house, he always comes to my house so I don't have to go out, listens for hours to my rants, and endlessly reassures me, im now awaiting surgery and sometimes feel bad about how we're so young and have so much ahead of us, I think to myself -why would he want to be stuck with me? - but he tells me he knew what he was getting into (I had my MRI 2 days before we became official and we were best friends then) and that it only hurts him because he wishes he could take the pain away, and says he wouldnt walk away even if i yelled at the top if my voice that i wanted him to.. I feel incredibly lucky to have him and not to mention a very loving and supportive family

Nicola
coeliac disease/Osteopenia /Crohns/Arthritis/
laperoscopic hemicolectomy 25/06/ 2013

Meds- Vedolizumab, sulfasalazine, Lansoprazole, Vitamin D, prochlorperazine, Oramorph, MST, B12 shots My journey with crohns: http://glutenfreecookiemonster.wordpress.com/

Allergic to - inflectra, aza

Non CD meds - Gabapentin, paracetamol, ventolin
04-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #84
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
Dear valleysangel92,
You have a wonderful and supporting man and I would say he loves you so deeply and seriously, he sounds like he is there for the duration. So don't ruin the moment by thinking you are a burden. Enjoy the great times and remember them when they aren't so great. They will get you thru. Don't feel guilty either, because you did not ask for this illness. You would definately do the same for him. Just love him and thank him and appreciate how blessed you are!!!
04-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #85
Laura Dawn

Thanks Dusty-I was just laying here thinking that I "have " to somehow will myself to be better. I threw up for 7 hours yesterday while my kids bitched at me saying no one wants to deal with this or me anyone. Let me say, this has made me so stressed out that I'm convinced I can't let anyone see me sick. I know I'm a burned. I'm told as much.
04-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #86
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
I'm so sorry Laura, noone should be treated that way, let alone by their own children. I am remembering you in prayers and my heart, I apologize for them because you deserve so much more and you are a very worthy woman and quite beautiful too. Hang in there hun! We are with you!
06-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #87
keegan23

My Support Groups:
this was an amazing thing to read, thank you. this is exactly what I needed to hear.
10-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #88
Skiwee626

Thank you Dusty for that amazing post! Can't tell you how offen my girlfriend says to me that she's so afraid of being a burden. That no ones life should have to change as drastic as she thinks it will. I just reinsure her that my love for her is forever, and I'm not scared of any of it, I'll will be by her side no matter that cost. I do tell her my only fear is that I could lose her to this disease, so all we can do is life to the fullest, and never to worry about being alone. She will forever have me right by her side. Thank you again for those Encouraging words! Can't wait for her to read it. God bless
10-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #89
DustyKat
Super Moderator

I have no doubt that your girlfriend is a wonderful woman and she is one very lucky lady to have you Skiwee.

Dusty. xxx
10-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #90
Sa-Sa

Thanks Dusty Cat for the uplifting words.
I don't know if I am a burden to anyone, maybe just my self as today I am quite tired of living. Kind of wish I could be free, away from me as me is not wanting to exist.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » You Are Not A Burden!!!