• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Study on Beliefs in Medications

David has approved this posting

Are you between the ages of 18- 65 years-old, currently on medications, and have Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis, then your input can help with improving medication adherence. Donna Bacchus, a PhD candidate at the University of Texas at Arlington, is conducting a research study to understand factors that affect the lives of individuals with inflammatory bowel disease. It will take about 10-15 minutes to complete this anonymous survey. Information you provide will not be linked to your email, name, or any identifying information about you.
If you have any questions regarding this study, please contact me at 1-469-999-1356 or email bacchus@uta.edu. Please click on the URL below to access the survey. Thank you

http://tinyurl.com/bnkzxcb

Last edited:

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm curious as to why the study is only interested in current medications and not past medications as well. Take steroids and medications that need to be taken 3 times a day for example, my answers would have been quite different. Also people have to switch medications multiple times to find something that works for them and there wasn't a question that addresses that really.

Hello Jennifer,

First I am glad that you are in remission. I applaud you on your diligence and perseverance in treatment.
Thank you for taking the survey and for your great questions. The beliefs scale was developed to assess perceptions which are influenced by history of treatment, experiences etc. One question addresses change in medications in the past three months. In retrospect, it is a good idea to include a question on how many times medications were changed. I will certainly consider this in the analysis.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I also took it - and agree with Jennifer....right now, I have no issue with taking my meds, because I go every 8 weeks for my infusion. If I had taken this 10 years ago (before starting Remicade) my answers would have been VERY different.....

Maybe having a section for past medications and taking htem would be good - I do know sometimes people change medications to make taking them easier due to frequency etc...

Just something to think about.

Good luck!

Done!
Despite having CD for over 20 years - if my medicine is not in front of me - I still forget to take it!
I refuse to yield to it!!!!

Survey completed. Like individuals above, I think that taking more than the current time snapshot might provide some valuable information as well. In any case, hope this helps!

Hello All

Are you between the ages of 18- 65 years-old, currently on medications, and have Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis, then your input can help with improving medication adherence. Donna Bacchus, a PhD candidate at the University of Texas at Arlington, is conducting a research study to understand factors that affect the lives of individuals with inflammatory bowel disease. It will take about 10-15 minutes to complete this anonymous survey. Information you provide will not be linked to your email, name, or any identifying information about you.
If you have any questions regarding this study, please contact me at 1-469-999-1356 or email email bacchus@uta.edu. Please click on the URL below to access the survey. Thank you

:study:

If you have any questions regarding this study, please contact me at 1-469-999-1356 or email bacchus@uta.edu. Please click on the URL below to access the survey. Thank you