Share Facebook

05-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
DBacc
This member has been approved by an Administrator to post this message.

Study on Beliefs in Medications

David has approved this posting

Are you between the ages of 18- 65 years-old, currently on medications, and have Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis, then your input can help with improving medication adherence. Donna Bacchus, a PhD candidate at the University of Texas at Arlington, is conducting a research study to understand factors that affect the lives of individuals with inflammatory bowel disease. It will take about 10-15 minutes to complete this anonymous survey. Information you provide will not be linked to your email, name, or any identifying information about you.
If you have any questions regarding this study, please contact me at 1-469-999-1356 or email [email protected]. Please click on the URL below to access the survey. Thank you

http://tinyurl.com/bnkzxcb

Last edited by DBacc; 06-13-2013 at 11:50 PM.
05-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Very quick and easy to take part in. Happy to help the cause!
05-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
DBacc

Thank you for the feedback.

I really appreciate this.
05-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
Jennifer
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I'm curious as to why the study is only interested in current medications and not past medications as well. Take steroids and medications that need to be taken 3 times a day for example, my answers would have been quite different. Also people have to switch medications multiple times to find something that works for them and there wasn't a question that addresses that really.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
05-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #5
DBacc

Hello Jennifer,

First I am glad that you are in remission. I applaud you on your diligence and perseverance in treatment.
Thank you for taking the survey and for your great questions. The beliefs scale was developed to assess perceptions which are influenced by history of treatment, experiences etc. One question addresses change in medications in the past three months. In retrospect, it is a good idea to include a question on how many times medications were changed. I will certainly consider this in the analysis.
05-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I also took it - and agree with Jennifer....right now, I have no issue with taking my meds, because I go every 8 weeks for my infusion. If I had taken this 10 years ago (before starting Remicade) my answers would have been VERY different.....

Maybe having a section for past medications and taking htem would be good - I do know sometimes people change medications to make taking them easier due to frequency etc...

Just something to think about.

Good luck!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
05-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Samboi

My Support Groups:
Done!
Despite having CD for over 20 years - if my medicine is not in front of me - I still forget to take it!
I refuse to yield to it!!!!
Trying Vedoluzimab - running out of options
Neupogen
05-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
David
Co-Founder

A quick free bump
05-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
shamrock15
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Survey completed. Like individuals above, I think that taking more than the current time snapshot might provide some valuable information as well. In any case, hope this helps!
05-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
GutlessWonder86
Forum Monitor

survey completed. hope it helps
05-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
DBacc

Survey completed. Like individuals above, I think that taking more than the current time snapshot might provide some valuable information as well. In any case, hope this helps!
Thank you! Appreciate your comments.
05-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #12
DBacc

Hello All

Are you between the ages of 18- 65 years-old, currently on medications, and have Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis, then your input can help with improving medication adherence. Donna Bacchus, a PhD candidate at the University of Texas at Arlington, is conducting a research study to understand factors that affect the lives of individuals with inflammatory bowel disease. It will take about 10-15 minutes to complete this anonymous survey. Information you provide will not be linked to your email, name, or any identifying information about you.
If you have any questions regarding this study, please contact me at 1-469-999-1356 or email email [email protected]. Please click on the URL below to access the survey. Thank you

05-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
Daunting

Done....

Happy to help

B12 injections started on 14/03/2013
Astmatic (ventolin when needed)
Paxil 15mg started again 18/09/2013
Synthroid .075mg
Lomotil as needed
Xanax to sleep when needed
Doctor switched me from Salofalk to Mezavant
Not sure why
06-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #14
DBacc

If you have any questions regarding this study, please contact me at 1-469-999-1356 or email [email protected]. Please click on the URL below to access the survey. Thank you

06-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #15
DBacc

Hello all
07-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
Jennifer
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Bumping your thread DBacc.
07-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #17
darster

My Support Groups:
done!
07-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
Dragonfly72

My Support Groups:
Done :-)
07-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #19
Sailorluna
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
done

Symptoms since 98
Resection and diagnosis June 2010
3 fistulas
abscess drained 6 times (so far...)
currently 2 seton in place 1 since 9/11 the other 4/14
1 strange small air pocket with an 8 cm sinus track leading into the great unknown
methotrexate weekly
folic acid
2 lomotil
2 Welchol
B12 injections (monthly)
Remicade

_____
Goodbye Humira
Goodbye Cimzia
Goodbye Azathiprine