Share Facebook

07-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
emilymarie19

Mouth ulcer!

Does this mean I am in a flare or heading in to one?!
I have been in a flare since jan of this year and haven't really gotten to remission!
I have been under a lot of stress too
07-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Mouth ulcers can be related to many things but you said you are in a flare currently so it's quite possible that's the cause.
07-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
I get mouth ulcers almost every few days. I have a very acidic system it seems. Try rinsing with half peroxide and half water and spit it all out. It helps to heal them faster.
Avoid tomato sauce and acidy foods and see if that helps.
07-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Warm salt water washes and those with apple cider vinegar are also helpful. I find cold drinks and ice cream help with pain.
07-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
SarahBear

My Support Groups:
Hi, Emily!

Like others said, a mouth ulcer doesn't necessarily indicate a flare. I had a few a couple weeks ago and haven't flared. They're very common and can even be caused by foods and drinks. If it is a normal mouth ulcer and not caused by your Crohn's, it should go away within two weeks. I wouldn't worry about it until then.

Like Teresa said, a half peroxide, half water mix helps clean things out and heal it up. I rinsed mine regularly and things healed with no problem. This mixture is also really good for removing carpet stains. If the peroxide mixture bothers you or you don't have any handy, salt water works as well.

Sarah.
Diagnosed with Crohn's disease 12/6/08.
Have taken: Prednisone, 6mp, methotrexate, Pentasa.
Currently waiting for a new medication!

Check out the Crohn's forum chat!

07-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
Warm salt water washes and those with apple cider vinegar are also helpful. I find cold drinks and ice cream help with pain.
Ice cream helps everything!!!
07-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
emilymarie19

Thank you so much everyone I feel much better and I went to my doctor today and she gave me something for it!
07-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
Miekske

I have always mouth ulcers when the CD flared up. When the CD doesn't I haven't them. In my case they can really be big, had ulcers of almost 1 cm regularly in my flares. Nothing can beat them, except prednisone. Can't wait to start at medicines like aza or so.
07-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
mama21princess

My Support Groups:
I have a sore in the corner of my mouth on the outside. I started noticing it when I was having symptoms before being diagnosed with UC. Now most of my symptoms have settled down, but I still can't get rid of this sore!