Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Overview of Remicade

10-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #31
Jeffer

My Support Groups:
After the third infusion I got to going once a day, an unknown happening for me. Unfortunately after three weeks it is wearing off and increasing. The pain stays with me all the time.

Generally I feel so much better so will stick with the infusions but another three weeks before the fourth.
10-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #32
Yissa624

I'm still going 6-10 times and craps! I've only had one infusion so hope hope things get better. Also, doctors is wiening me off prednisone so we shall see what happens!! I go next week for my 2nd infusion, this is my last resort, praying Remicade works!
10-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #33
Yissa624

I'm still going 6-10 times and craps! I've only had one infusion so hope hope things get better. Also, doctors is wiening me off prednisone so we shall see what happens!! I go next week for my 2nd infusion, this is my last resort, praying Remicade works!
01-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #34
bob22312

I don't know how far my grandson is into the "Med Wheel" at this time but his doctor has suggested Remicade twice.
Thanks for allowing me to get the flavor of CD from your posts
All of you guys and gals are tough as nails, like Seal Team 6 attacking CD, to be able deal with CD and share with others also.
01-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #35
Yissa624

I'm on maintenance!!! Remicade is working great so far and I'm off steroids!!😄 Been eating healthy and going to the gym daily.
01-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #36
Jeffer

My Support Groups:
How long did it take you to get off the steroids?
01-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #37
mamagus

Nicole - I love your posts! you are so honest - and I need this right now. I am so glad you posted - I am starting my remicade soon - and I have been panic stricken - depressed, sad, angry, have major food fears... and then I read your posts - and I felt NOT ALONE. thank you so much. and I'm so glad the remicade is working for you
07-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #38
MichelleE

My Support Groups:
Thanks Nicole for posting this. I have had a flare up of CD after 5 year remission. I have been on Imuran and prednisone for 3+ months... and so far... no improvements. I am thankfully not dealing with any diarheaa (which is abnormal compared to my precious flare ups) but have never ending pain... which worsens at times but is always there. Anyways if the Imuran doesn't kick in by 2nd week in August I am headed Remicade way and have been somewhat obsessing over it. My husband wants me to be more positive but it is hard at times. I feel that if the Imuran hasn't worked yet, it likely won't.

I am so happy for you that this is helping you. All the power to you for wanting to do the nursing thing at school, and all the best to you. I insist on going to work no matter how tough I may be feeling as at least doing something makes me feel like less of a "sick" person and it takes my mind off of feeling crappy!

All the best to you and please keep posting updates on how you are feeling / dealing with the remicade.
Medication: Imuran, Entocort, Buscopan, Elavil, Humira, Vit D3, Vit B12, Folic Acid
Surgery: peri-anal fistualas x 2 2001 and 2005, bowel resection Feb 2014, scar tissue removal 2015
05-26-2014, 05:41 AM   #39
Nmandy

My son (17 yrs old) just got Dx with Crohn's. I love reading everyone's stories and thank you so much for sharing. The GI put
Him on prednisone right after the colonoscopy. I keep reading about people's "symptoms", flare ups, etc. but my son doesn't have any symptoms? Is it because of the prednisone? I am really concerned that remicade is the doctors 1st choice. No long term data and my son is only 17......... He was totally fine until last sat when he woke up with a stomach ache???? This is so much so fast my head is spinning..... Thoughts from anyone?
08-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #40
mcornelius

My Support Groups:
Nmandy,
My daughter was dx with CD @ age 11.5 - she had absolutely NO SYMPTOMS except poor growth/poor weight gain and anemia. As soon as she was dx the doctors gave us 2 options: surgery or remicade. We started Remicade the next week. She has been on Remicade for almost a year in a half. She feels the same as before we started the infusion - as she never had bowel "symptoms." Since the initiation of treatment (now every 6 weeks) she has gained 38 pounds and looks so healthy (not anemic). The only side effect she had was some fatigue the day of the infusion (most likely from the benadryl pre-infusion medication). She does have Psoriasis now - that occurred when we spaced out the infusions to 6 weeks. The doctors tell us that is part of her autoimmune CD problem.
We also started growth hormones (a nightly sq injection to help with growth). My daughter will be 13 this next month. We plan on continuing remicade. Hope this helps? It's a tough decision to make when you have to sign legal papers stating your child might get that rare lymphoma.
04-19-2015, 07:19 AM   #41
DaveD

My Support Groups:
Here is an open question for everybody on Remicade and particularly those who have tried Humira too. I will post the same on the Humira pages. I will be offered a choice between these two drugs. It has been presented to me as a simple choice of delivery (infusion vs injection) and with no other differences.

OK, so these are different drugs and will have different success rates with different people. I am planning to go for Remicade first and later I can switch to Humira for self-administartion if I choose.

However, from the guys and girls out there with experience, which is the better bet to start with? Both are recommended to me for both the Crohn's classic stuff and the extraintestinal symptoms of related arthritis.

Please share your experience with me?

Thanks
Humira was not 100% effective for me as I had to stayon prenisone. Remicadee with 6-MP as put me in remission almost immediately after 1st infusion. Only on it 7 weeks so far , but so far , so good.
04-19-2015, 07:22 AM   #42
DaveD

My Support Groups:
Thanks Nicole for posting this. I have had a flare up of CD after 5 year remission. I have been on Imuran and prednisone for 3+ months... and so far... no improvements. I am thankfully not dealing with any diarheaa (which is abnormal compared to my precious flare ups) but have never ending pain... which worsens at times but is always there. Anyways if the Imuran doesn't kick in by 2nd week in August I am headed Remicade way and have been somewhat obsessing over it. My husband wants me to be more positive but it is hard at times. I feel that if the Imuran hasn't worked yet, it likely won't.

I am so happy for you that this is helping you. All the power to you for wanting to do the nursing thing at school, and all the best to you. I insist on going to work no matter how tough I may be feeling as at least doing something makes me feel like less of a "sick" person and it takes my mind off of feeling crappy!

All the best to you and please keep posting updates on how you are feeling / dealing with the remicade.
swithch to 6mp and Remicadee worked for me. May take a few weeks to a few months for 6mp to start working if not on steroids at same time but hopefully you can wean off steroids till it works. i did well with remicade and not effective with humira.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Overview of Remicade