• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Soba anyone?

crohnsinct

O.K. maybe I am slow but just discovered Soba noodles. One serving (a little less than 3 oz) contains 15% of the RDA of Iron (based on 2000 calorie diet) and 2% calcium.

Soba noodles are made with buckwheat. Buckwheat is rich in high quality protein and one serving provides 10% of your RDA of protein. Buckwheat contains numerous B vitamins and thus contains choline. The buckwheat also contains manganese.

"They" say also a good source of insoluble fiber and great for gallstone prevention diet because it reduces the amount of bile acids released into the digestive tract.

"They" say if you get the ones made with 100% buckwheat they are gluten free but check with MLP haha or your doc/nutritionist about that;)

We are having some tonight! With Tofu, thai peanut sauce, scallions, bok choy, zucchini and kale! Soba anyone?

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I think I'll just pop over for dinner at your place! Yum yum in my tum tum! :ybiggrin:

Seriously though I have never used them or tried them but I know Sarah has.

If made with 100% buckwheat they are gluten free as buckwheat is not wheat. :lol:

Now this is likely a very useless piece of information since you are asking about Soba noodles but whilst Sarah said they were okay she prefers brown rice.

Dusty. :Flower:

my little penguin

Staff member
:tongue:Gluten free depends on where and how they were processed-
buckwheat is gluten free- but not if they ran wheat noodles on the same line right before

or other processing issues- best to call the company involved and "ASK" if no gluten is important in your diet.

crohnsinct

Come on over! Sounds like Sarah and I have similar diets. so bring her too!

I love brown rice but like to change it up a bit and squeeze in all the different nutrients I can. Last night had Lotus Rice Madagascar Pink with a mushroom, tomato and onion stew thing over it.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hey Cinct, would you say they are better than rice noodles?? I think EJ gets tired of rice everything!