• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sore red pus filled spots on head

Hello,
Please excuse the title, but this is what my DH has. The top of his head in particular. Does anyone know if this could be related to CD?
He saw a Dr about them about 6 months before we knew he was ill. He has only started suffering with them for about 2 years. His head is quite red, with quite a few pus filled spots & lots of dry flaky patches. It even hurt for him to put his head on the pillow tonight.
He is just going through his first flare & although the bm has settled he is still getting new mouth ulcers everyday & this is the worst I have seen his scalp.
Any ideas or suggestions?! Thank you :)

Hello,
Please excuse the title, but this is what my DH has. The top of his head in particular. Does anyone know if this could be related to CD?
He saw a Dr about them about 6 months before we knew he was ill. He has only started suffering with them for about 2 years. His head is quite red, with quite a few pus filled spots & lots of dry flaky patches. It even hurt for him to put his head on the pillow tonight.
He is just going through his first flare & although the bm has settled he is still getting new mouth ulcers everyday & this is the worst I have seen his scalp.
Any ideas or suggestions?! Thank you :)
Teatree oil is supposed to help with any skin related problems. It is a natural aniseptic and it might just heal them up. It does have an unpleasant smell though. Try to find one that has another natural scent added to it. But, of course make sure on a small spot of his scalp you test it first for sensitivity.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
What did the doctor say about the patches and red puss? Did you see a dermatologist? My initial guess was psoriasis but the red puss is not something I am familiar with psoriasis causing.

Is it constant (every day experiencing these symptoms) or does it happen sporadically or only during flares? What medication is he on?

Last edited:

PsychoJane

Coule it be herpes zoster or zona of you prefer. This condition can be pretty painful. Its not really flaky though but the blisters part could fit. You can google it but be ready for some intense pictures as it always seems to be the most extreme cases that pops up. It definitively worth bringing that issues to your gp and hopefully a dermatologist

PsychoJane

So, I don't know everything about psoriasis but I was looking for something about it tonight and well, there is an uncommon form of psoriasis called the pustular psoriasis but it is not quite affecting the scalp. When it comes to scalp I've seen differential diagnosis for sebborheic dermatitis but then... it's not suppose to form pustula...

When he did consult for them did he get any form of treatment?