• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira - one pen / syringe left (stupid me)

My prescription needs to be renewed

but everyone is on holidays :ybatty: (stupid stupid stupid me)

i have one humira syringe / pen left and
my next scheduled injection is tomorrow (every tuesday).
Should i take it tomorrow or wait? :confused2:

and worst case scenario: if my prescription is not renewed until end of january, when i start humira again will it be less effective? and for that one month im off it, will my crohns come back with a vengeance? :arghmatey_ani:

btw: I have been taking humira for 7 years.

Last edited:
Put a call into your advice nurse. Your ER pharmacy may be able to get you a few for the holidays.

yeah, i called my Progress Nurse shes on holiday too lol .. at anyrate, i drove to the pharmacist and they said i should not stop this medication, so they temporarily renewed my prescription and i bought another box of two pens.

btw
i went to the humira website and, did you know, you can leave humira at room temperature for... 14 Days.. http://humira-progress.ca/en/cd/faq.php
(humira DIN is 02258595)

Last edited:

PsychoJane

Good thing they finally precised a time length for that matter. I remember calling in 2010 for that matter and my pharmacist had also called and it was something ridiculously short like a period of 30 minutes after which I should have thrown it away.

It's 14 days at a temperature lower than 25 Celsius though. I precise it in case someone come across this post looking for an answer about their injection. I know my apartment gets warmer than 25 sometimes and lots of travel destinations would also be problematic on that aspect.

The injection that remained out of a fridge for which ever amount of time NEEDS to be used within 14 days. So if ever someone forgets its two pen box on the counter, it is likely that one will need to be thrown away if the person is a bi-weekly user.

This site provides great infos but it's necessary to have a Humira DIN to access it. I suppose everyone that gets this prescription gets it in the original box and can reach these infos but just in case. Great idea to link it Dr. Who.