Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Samir Shah of Providence, Rhode Island

Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
NameDr. Samir A Shah
AddressProvidence, Rhode Island, 02904
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
Phone(401)274-4800
BioUnknown
 View Directory Entry
02-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Anonymous
Anonymous Doctor Reviewer

He's a very smart, by-the-books, doctor. He's very responsive if you're ever having a problem and is always willing to fit you into his schedule. He's fine with adding some alternative therapies to your your current medication regimen, but my only complaint is he's very hesitant about trying new therapies, like LDN, insisting on more official research.

Rating:
3 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
4 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility
03-31-2014, 03:15 AM   #3
rimichael

Very unprofessional Doctor and front office. I worked hard for over a year to get into Dr. Shah's office since being a veteran I only had VA health coverage but after getting private insurance I called for an new patient appointment and was told that I needed to send in what medical records to his office before given a date to have a work up for Crone's that has been debilitating for over 3 years. I sent the paperwork in and was told I would revive a call within a week for an appointment. After 3 weeks and 6 calls I was told the Dr. went on vacation and would be back in a week to view my records and set an appointment. Two more weeks passed and no call. I call the office and explain that I am so sick that I am a slave to my bed and only can function going to and from the bathroom. Was told that Dr. Shah would view my records in a few days. I call the last time after waiting a week and stated my urgency for medical help and was told that Dr. Shah has yet to review paperwork, I asked if another Dr. in the practice could seem me asap. Was told will call back with time/date. 15 minutes later got a call from front office saying that not only DR, Shah refuses to treat me but also anyone else in the practice will not treat me. I picked Dr. Shah for all the media hype about him and the truth has been told. I am a 100% service-connected disabled veteran and this practice has treated me like dirt. They gave no explanation about refusal and I am in the process of filing a complaint with my insurance as well as the RI medical board for this neglect. I guess this practice does not like people desperate for help calling when they drop the ball. Please do yourself a favor and boycott this office. The are Rude and unprofessional to say the least.

Rating:
1 / 5 Bedside Manner
1 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
1 / 5 Ease of accessibility
09-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #4
juggys69

My Support Groups:
Very unprofessional Doctor and front office. I worked hard for over a year to get into Dr. Shah's office since being a veteran I only had VA health coverage but after getting private insurance I called for an new patient appointment and was told that I needed to send in what medical records to his office before given a date to have a work up for Crone's that has been debilitating for over 3 years. I sent the paperwork in and was told I would revive a call within a week for an appointment. After 3 weeks and 6 calls I was told the Dr. went on vacation and would be back in a week to view my records and set an appointment. Two more weeks passed and no call. I call the office and explain that I am so sick that I am a slave to my bed and only can function going to and from the bathroom. Was told that Dr. Shah would view my records in a few days. I call the last time after waiting a week and stated my urgency for medical help and was told that Dr. Shah has yet to review paperwork, I asked if another Dr. in the practice could seem me asap. Was told will call back with time/date. 15 minutes later got a call from front office saying that not only DR, Shah refuses to treat me but also anyone else in the practice will not treat me. I picked Dr. Shah for all the media hype about him and the truth has been told. I am a 100% service-connected disabled veteran and this practice has treated me like dirt. They gave no explanation about refusal and I am in the process of filing a complaint with my insurance as well as the RI medical board for this neglect. I guess this practice does not like people desperate for help calling when they drop the ball. Please do yourself a favor and boycott this office. The are Rude and unprofessional to say the least.
Sounds terrible, I understand them wanting to see your records, but most will schedule an appointment and have you fill out a release form to obtain your old primary's records and use your hospital files and what you say in the mean time. All hospital records are immediately available, instantly as long as they have a computer and the software to link to the database.

Your past primaries can take up to 30 days though. Sorry you had a bad experience, glad that you posted it here though so others don't make the same mistake of going there.

Maybe him and his coop/practice were really good once, but now they feel they can be choosy about their patients since they are established, I just had a very bad experience myself with Coventry CCAP, and their practice was rated 5 stars, though I didn't see the doctor that established it and got those ratings, I got one of her hire on's for the coop/practice.

Rating:
1 / 5 Bedside Manner
1 / 5 Knowledgeable
1 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
1 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Samir Shah of Providence, Rhode Island