Share Facebook

04-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Orchid's Intersex Expedition

Today I got to start my 300mg of Spironolactone, after the radical personality change from going from 100mg to 200mg I'm wondering if I'm going to end up The Most Bubbly Woman Alive from this. Well that and I have to go get bloodwork done with my endo to make sure I'm not dying of hyperkalemia. Hate the electrolyte labs because they're fasting and I'm so empty headed I'll eat a cookie and suddenly remember "Oh...oh".

Last edited by nogutsnoglory; 04-26-2014 at 05:57 PM.
04-26-2014, 05:00 AM   #2
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
300mg may have done it, over the past few days I've noticed my facial hair growth has been extremely retarded and my chest hair finally stopped trying to move back in. If I shave I don't have the permanent five o'clock shadow a lot of physically male people have anymore and friends have noticed the change. It's been really good for my psyche. I can't wait to see what happens when I go from 1mg of estradiol a day to 2mg in June.
04-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
Kero

My Support Groups:
That's great news Orchid! I personally hate shaving, luckily I was blessed with having very little hair (don't hate :P lol). Have you seen the hair removal thing called NoNo? Apparently it does work, and will help make your hair finer. So does waxing
04-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I don't really shave, I like to be all natural lol. I do trim though but thought no no was no no good lol. Do you use It at all kero? It seems to good to be true but I'd try it. Especially like that to shave near my ostomy.
04-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
Kero

My Support Groups:
I don't use it myself, but a couple of my friends have. My hair is too blonde and fine for the thing to "see" it, lol. Even after not shaving my legs for the whole winter
04-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
As a redhead my hairs are mostly blonde so they're also invisible, but feeling them, knowing they are there is not great for you mind. Feeling them go away is.
04-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #7
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
So the no no reviews look pretty bad and I didn't realize it's like $300!

Orchid can you do laser removal? Not sure how much that costs but I hear it's very effective.
04-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #8
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I live on disability and food stamps, so no

Hung out with a local transgroup today, was a little annoyed they picked a coffeeshop as the meeting place but we're meeting at a garden in the future so all is well. Ever since the 200mg kicked in I've gone from being an introvert in a group of already introverted people to the most outspoken and loud person in pretty much any trans gathering. It's very odd to notice that kind of change in yourself so quickly. I like new me, she's way more fun then that person who I was beforehand.

Last edited by Orchid; 04-26-2014 at 07:07 PM.
04-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #9
theOcean

My Support Groups:
As a person who has a mother with too many rich friends: it definitely seems to work, but it's definitely expensive, yes.
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
04-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #10
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I live on disability and food stamps, so no

Hung out with a local transgroup today, was a little annoyed they picked a coffeeshop as the meeting place but we're meeting at a garden in the future so all is well. Ever since the 200mg kicked in I've gone from being an introvert in a group of already introverted people to the most outspoken and loud person in pretty much any trans gathering. It's very odd to notice that kind of change in yourself so quickly. I like new me, she's way more fun then that person who I was beforehand.
That's excellent that you feel more extroverted and social. Do you chalk it up to the medicine directly or do you find that because the meds are helping you transition that you just feel more comfortable in your own skin and therefore are blossoming.
04-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #11
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Former, I literally went to bed a sad introverted person one day and the next I was all like "you know what's fun? TALKING TO PEOPLE!" and bright and chipper. Weird to go from "I think you need some extra consoling on socialization and maybe classes" to "You should be a comedian!"
04-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
theOcean

My Support Groups:
It's true. I got live updates about this transformation on Skype.
04-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #13
Kero

My Support Groups:
That is awesome Orchid! I would say it kinda helps that you can let your true self out I have a friend that is FTM Trans, and once the hormones kicked in and he was growing facial hair and getting more male attributes, he really came out of his shell. I have unfortunately lost touch with him over the years though, and I had a huge fall out with his sister and mother, so don't talk to them anymore
04-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #14
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
With the good comes the bad, my dark moods are darker then they've ever been but it still seems worth it. My mood might be poor but I still have an overall positive outlook, which I couldn't say I had before. Stuck ruminating on the paradox of suffering in the world and my belief in a loving God and it's a really powerful form of anxiety/depression I haven't seen in years.
04-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #15
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Better mood today! My erratic sleep schelude and extreme tiredness meant I slept from 1PM yesterday to 10PM, and then sleep AGAIN today from 8AM to 4PM. I think I need Entocort. Bright side, I INTERVIEW TO GET ANGUS TOMORROW.
04-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #16
theOcean

My Support Groups:
So excited about Angus for you!!
04-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #17
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I am going to take SO MANY PICTURES of him if I bring him home.
04-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #18
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Yes please!! Angus totally contributes to your transition journey, okay.
04-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #19
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I will! Little guy is gong to eat better then me, I already have a pound of Blue Buffalo for him because feeding cheap food just makes things more complicated later and leads to awful stinky stools. His heated bed should also get here by the end of the week. He was described as a nervous cat so I'm wondering how many boxes etc to leave out for him low or go cold turkey and try to get him to use high places right off the bat.
04-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #20
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
That's so exciting, I am a dog person but that's a pretty cat. Why do you need entocort? Are you inflamed?
04-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #21
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
I haven't gone into remission since I was diagnosed in February and the Cimzia isn't quite cutting it on it's own it feels like and I can't take Prednisone because of the risk of psychotic symptoms. Especially now since there is a probably going to be a small life in my hands.

And that's fine NGNG! I love dogs too! They're so HAPPY about everything and it is adorable. Bit too high energy for me though. People who engage in pet tribalism just weird me out and it comes across an extension of personal insecurity.
04-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #22
Kero

My Support Groups:
I am so excited for you! I hope you get Angus He seems like he will be a wonderful addition BTW my dog is smaller than most cats, lmao She only weighs 7.5 lbs
04-29-2014, 08:17 AM   #23
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
He must never shut up. Almost every small dog I've met, even the well behaved ones, has come across as intensely neurotic about defending their space. Cleaning up the apartment and getting all the cat stuff properly set up, blasting Pelican's Forever Becoming. I love the nervous, sort of cramped, depressed feeling of the whole album but especially the first song, Terminal. Album cover is also gorgeous and I'd love to put it on my wall.
04-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #24
Kero

My Support Groups:
Suprisingly my dog isn't yappy She will bark once or twice when someone is at the door, but once she greets the person, she is fine. People are really suprised at how quiet she is, but she was trained to not bark her head off all the time
04-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #25
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Good, untrained small dogs are THE WORST.

EDIT: Managed to work myself into doing the dishes too! I hate those. Being super anxious does weird things to you.

Last edited by Orchid; 04-29-2014 at 10:29 AM.
04-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #26
jwfoise

EDIT: Managed to work myself into doing the dishes too! I hate those. Being super anxious does weird things to you.
When I get anxious or upset I'll wash all the dishes or do lots of other chores. At least I'm channeling all that pent up energy into something useful, though it isn't a conscious thing.
04-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #27
theOcean

My Support Groups:
I want Angus updates!!
04-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #28
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Angus status: hiding under my bed. Going to feed him in an hour or two.

EDIT: I've mostly been leaving him in there, sometimes I crack the door and see him sitting on things and it gives me the stupidest grin. Going to feed him dinner after I finish my scrambled egg sandwich. And I made up the wet tuna soup thing he's supposed to eat - he's amazingly picky I've been told and he'll only eat wet food that's been mixed with warm water and microwaved for five seconds. Thankfully because it's high quality cat food this just means my apartment smells like fresh tuna and not like the garbage in bad cat food.

Last edited by Orchid; 04-29-2014 at 08:53 PM.
05-01-2014, 03:03 AM   #29
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Angus is still eating better then me, the cute little fucker. His food smells so good since it's this human quality meat soup that almost looks like borscht. I can't tell if my chest hair is still growing or not so I'm going to ask my endo about more serum estrogen/testosterone level testing and if my CD is interfering with the uptake of my HRT medication. Hope it's not because the only injectable solution to antiandrogens is a monthly injection that costs 3000 USD a hit.

EDIT: He also apparently does not appreciate EDM, Knife Party is the scariest stuff since fire trucks and fans.

Last edited by Orchid; 05-01-2014 at 03:39 AM.
05-02-2014, 05:59 AM   #30
Orchid
Banned

My Support Groups:
Turns out an affectionate cat that follows you around is really annoying when you're trying to practice mindfulness and/or pray! I had to lock the poor guy up for a while and it made him sad, he's really nervous in the way an insecure dog is. This guys previous owners must have been really bad. In the future I'll exercise him senseless before I get into that state of mind, it'll probably help relax me anyway.

Working on Kierkegaard for the first time since my psychosis took root, Three Discourses on Imagined Occasions has taken on a new life for me, the concept of Hidden Inwardness and his ideas about our faith have a sudden and perfect clarity. The intensely personal nature of belief and one's inability to define it Faith has gone from an esoteric equation to something as simple as breathing for me. The dumping the contents of the objective world for a brief time lead to some subtle shift in mindset that I've only slowly grown to understand.

On the other hand I've largely grown away from his ideas on morality, his idea that God gave us a simple divine command to go forth and do right until he totally comes down from the sky and tells you to do otherwise seems almost childish and quaint when these decidedly libertarian ideas made sense to a less religious self. Now I see perfect, clear lines of morality, like hairline fractures in a long bone.

Trying to figure out how the deeply personal, intimate, and subjective nature of faith interlocks with an objective morality is really difficult. But then again faith is a journey, at least for me. A sequence of questions and fears that somehow end up being more reassuring then daunting.

I am sorry for getting so far up my own ass. I spend too much time thinking about silly things.

EDIT: OH MY GOD HE MEOWED FOR THE FIRST TIME. It was so cute and scratchy and tiny.

Last edited by Orchid; 05-02-2014 at 06:25 AM.