Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Juicing » Let's get the juice talk going again!

05-01-2014, 05:18 AM   #31
Dackelmann

My Support Groups:
Yep- fresh juice most days- can't tell the exact recipes as my partner loves making concoctions. I haven't had apples, pears and grapes for a little while due to the flatulence factor- which is now getting better, so will start again. But in the main, loads of pineapple with orange and fresh turmeric and or ginger added in, carrots,celery and whatever, and luckily we grow fruit and veg in our garden so there is always something- like now, pomegranates, limes and guava. I love fresh juices- I do the shopping and just pick up whatever is in season and a good deal and deal with it.
05-01-2014, 07:47 AM   #32
dave13
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I picked up a red cabbage and some beets.I'm gonna give that a try.
05-05-2014, 06:31 AM   #33
Jabo

I picked up a red cabbage and some beets.I'm gonna give that a try.
Hi Dave,

Some people will have problems with beets. In someways beets are a really good testing food. It is not known why but some people after they drink beet juice will have a lot of intestinal discomfort and some people also have pink urine and dark purple bms. There is a medical term for pink urine from beets, so they know it is the beets doing it, but exactly why isn't clear.

I don't know if it is true but I have heard that pink urine is a serious sign of leaky gut syndrome. The red pigment is seeping through the intestines like it is not suppose to, getting into the blood stream and then getting filtered out into the kidneys and then into the urine making it pink.

Where as healthy people with no leaky gut won't have red pigment leaking through and effecting the color of their urine.

If you like the beets, that is great! If they don't workout so well, maybe just carrots and red cabbage? Carrot juice doesn't really taste that much like carrots. hahaha

Good luck!
05-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #34
Nancye50

My Support Groups:
I couldn't stand the dirty beet taste! So interesting about the pink urine!
05-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #35
dave13
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I left the cabbage and beets on the counter,to get to room temperature,before juicing them.I come home and my wife had made a great supper that included beets and cabbage!H,m,m,m...guess I should have left a note.

I will try them soon.I do drink a lot of carrot/apple juice.I work in a natural food store and able to bring home 'shrink' produce and veg..Organic apples and carrots are the most common so that is why I use them so frequently.
05-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #36
Dackelmann

My Support Groups:
Picked our own pomegranates and navel oranges from the garden a couple of days ago- juiced the produce- chipmunk cheeks the first slurp- but liquid sunshine from there on down. As a gardener by trade I fully endorse pulling out all those things you can see and smell in the park or the neighbours and grow fruit trees (and veges and herbs).

Only tried cabbage juice once- short while after consumption it heralded its metamorphosis as a gaseous cloud that trumpeted and shook the walls and had all inside the house move outside the house and onto the street for a lengthy period- a delicate little flavour I have named "pure sewer."
05-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #37
Jabo

Picked our own pomegranates and navel oranges from the garden a couple of days ago- juiced the produce- chipmunk cheeks the first slurp- but liquid sunshine from there on down. As a gardener by trade I fully endorse pulling out all those things you can see and smell in the park or the neighbours and grow fruit trees (and veges and herbs).

Only tried cabbage juice once- short while after consumption it heralded its metamorphosis as a gaseous cloud that trumpeted and shook the walls and had all inside the house move outside the house and onto the street for a lengthy period- a delicate little flavour I have named "pure sewer."
your prose brings sunshine and smiles onto my cheeks. hehehe
05-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #38
deb8997

does anyone know if you can incorporate juicing for colon prep? my 16 year old has to have her 2nd colonoscopy, and I'm thinking peeled apples, cucumbers and celery for liquids.
05-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #39
Nancye50

My Support Groups:
I wondered about that before my colonoscopy. I'm not sure though!
05-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #40
Plissken

It might be the location of my crohns (ileum) but any juice/soup causes me a dull ache/burning sensation in the region. It's a bit of a problem really, as I havent had hardly any fruit or veg since being diagnosed in January
05-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #41
Nancye50

My Support Groups:
Someone asked if I restrain my juice. It does send to have some thickness & some chunks. Should I restrain? Don you think too much fiber might be coming through on yours too Plissken?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Juicing » Let's get the juice talk going again!